General Forum (720)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Installing an indoor swim spa and what type of insulation to use.

I am consulting on an addition to house an indoor swim spa or endless pool.  I am getting all kinds of feedback from the different ins…

Started by Elizabeth Guinn

7 Apr 6, 2011
Reply by Robert H

combustion appliance testing equipment

I'm getting ready to purchase the following items needed to perform a BPI audit:1) combustion analyzer2) gas leak detector3) carbon monoxid…

Started by Meghan McGuire Denlinger

8 Apr 1, 2011
Reply by Ed Voytovich

2009 IECC Certificate Labels

I'm looking to find a Good template to make up some labels to comply with this:   401.3 Certificate. A permanent certificate shall be poste…

Started by Jim Peck

4 Mar 31, 2011
Reply by Jim Peck

Lighting audits as a subset of the energy audits.

Energy audits done by competent Pro's often over look a major area of energy(kWh) waste.LIGHTS If your doctors physicals included a thoroug…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

18 Mar 25, 2011
Reply by Dave Conna

If you think ENERGY STAR Version 3.0 is hard...

At the RESNET conference earlier this month, Sam Rashkin talked to a room full of attendees about the new 'Concept Home' available in the E…

Started by Chris Laumer-Giddens

2 Mar 24, 2011
Reply by Chris Laumer-Giddens

Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heater System Design Help Needed

Please email me if you can help a singlefamily home client (Oakland, CA) who is thinking about adding a Rheem Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heater…

Started by Eliron Hamburger

1 Mar 24, 2011
Reply by Troy Spindler

What area of our industry would make for a good investment?

Member Dale Sherman asked that question, more or less, in a comment to the ACI National Attendees group.  I'm just boosting it into everyon…

Started by David Eggleton

0 Mar 23, 2011

Enclosed Attic Insulation - Uncover or not?

I am working on a 1950's colonial with attic insulation consisting of 2"x6" joists filled with loose fill fiberglass. The fiberglass is cov…

Started by David Douglass

6 Mar 19, 2011
Reply by Tom Lewis

Looking to subcontract Energy Audit's Seattle/Eastside (Manual J, Electrical Loads, Insulation etc)..Ongoing!

Hello all, I am looking for a third party to conduct load calculations for homes and small businesses in and around the Seattle/East-side a…

Started by Justin McLeod

0 Mar 18, 2011

Another Blog for Thermographers

I don't want to seem self-serving AND I do want folks to know about the blog that Fluke sponsors. I'm one of the prime authors (yes, The Sn…

Started by John Snell

1 Mar 17, 2011
Reply by t hardy

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Craig Bird commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Correct, that is exactly what I said"
32 minutes ago
Hal Skinner commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"At 1.7% enterng the structure, that Radiant barrier is now going to allow the R-rated insulation/s…"
1 hour ago
Craig Bird commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"And how much of that 1.7% of the suns energy that got through the RB or RCC gets into the house,…"
1 hour ago
Hal Skinner commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"OK.  This might be rudamentary here.  I want to make sure everyone understands how SOLAR…"
1 hour ago
"Hal - I would disagree that radiant heat "goes through" fibrous insulation. Radiant heat…"
1 hour ago
"Hi KLurt. I would isagree with the comment that the attic floor is heated by the…"
2 hours ago
"Now back to your question - the best data for radiant barriers is the DOE studies from the ORNL.…"
2 hours ago
Kevin Jordan posted a discussion

Does anyone have pointers on approaching real estate induatry.

Hello All!!I am figuring on approaching the real estate and low income housing industries here in…See More
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service