General Forum (743)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Blown fiberglass + blown cellulose

Our Crew Chief asked me this question today:   I have an attic with R-25 blown fiberglass insulation.  Is there any reason I should not ins…

Started by George Kopf

19 Jun 4, 2011
Reply by Joseph Lamy

Commercial building - relocating thermal/air barrier

I have a confused 8,000 square foot commercial office space. It has a dropped ceiling suspended from wooden truss system. It has a vented a…

Started by Craig Bird

9 Jun 3, 2011
Reply by tedkidd

New energy rebate guide is now available

This is the condensed pocket version.  

Started by Hal Skinner

1 Jun 2, 2011
Reply by Isaac Savage

Are Reverse Osmosis water systems actually eco-friendly?

Let me start by saying that my reverse osmosis water system is great. I have had it for several years. It seems to be top-shelf for purifyi…

Started by Dennis Cheslik

5 Jun 1, 2011
Reply by Peter C

"1000 Home Challenge" (an ACI initiative) intro webinar, May 31

Please notify Linda Wigington if you are available for the upcoming Intro to the Thousand Home Challenge webinar:   Tuesday,        May 17,…

Started by David Eggleton

3 May 31, 2011
Reply by David Eggleton

Retrofit: Basement Foundation Wall Insulation Choices

Basement block foundation wall insulation I have been auditing & retrofitting homes as an additional service to my remodeling company f…

Started by robert post

5 May 27, 2011
Reply by Allan Bullis

Second Annual Residential Energy Efficiency Technical Update Meeting

Thought this would be an appropriate place to post the opportunity to participate in the Second Annual Residential Energy Efficiency Techni…

Started by Stacy Kuiper Hunt

0 May 27, 2011

Tornado Damaged Homes

Due to the terrible destruction caused by last week’s tornadoes, thousands of homes across the South will need to undergo substantial repai…

Started by Bill Bennett

8 May 26, 2011
Reply by Carol A. Markell

What software program do you use for an Audit report?

I would like some feedback on software programs used for audit reports, what do you use ?

Started by Jim Moss

18 May 26, 2011
Reply by Gary Baggett

Energy and household monitors - reduce energy use

People Who Have Access To Power Meter Data Reduce Their Energy Use: Study FAST COMPANY | MAY 25, 2011http://pulsene.ws/1JdvV The simplest w…

Started by Robert Zockoff

0 May 26, 2011

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Ethan Bukowiec replied to Ethan Bukowiec's discussion Thoughts on energy startup's new propane smart meter
"Wanted to give everyone an update on how things are doing with our Kickstarter campaign. We have…"
3 hours ago
Tom White's video was featured

Unlocking the Power of Grey Water in a Living Building Challenge Home

Rob Nicely, President of Carmel Building & Design talks with Tom Wood, Nexus eWater System's Chief Technology Officer, about Unlocking the Power of Grey Water.
3 hours ago
Griffin Hagle's discussion was featured

You're designing a Home Performance dashboard. Which 6 metrics do you include?

Credit Karma got me thinking about this. For those who are unfamiliar, it's a free* online credit…See More
3 hours ago
Bud Poll's discussion was featured

Inconsistant Local Authority

It becomes frustrating to give people modern advice and then have to backtrack and tell them to do…See More
3 hours ago
w d's discussion was featured

Managing Solar Energy

What's the state of the art on managing solar energy (esp. at the home)?There's surely no…See More
3 hours ago
Ethan Bukowiec's discussion was featured

Thoughts on energy startup's new propane smart meter

Hello,I wanted to introduce you all to a new energy startup I am working with called …See More
3 hours ago
George Kopf's discussion was featured
3 hours ago
John Porterfield replied to Dave Robinson's discussion Can We PLEASE Stop Calling Them “Ductless” in the group 1000 Home Challenge
"Any update on this work?  Seems manufacturers would provide an indoor coil that would…"
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service