General Forum (808)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

2011 Builders Federal Tax Credit for new Homes

Is anyone "modeling" Homes to achieve the 2011 Federal Tax Credit? In our climate zone (2), Im trying to get a handle on the "Must Do's" to…

Started by Roger Shipp

5 Nov 15, 2011
Reply by Jeffrey Sauls

Log Home Retrofit

I am looking for ideas for a log home retrofit. 20 years old, cathedral ceiling, full basement and double pane glass. Conditioned space 150…

Started by Bruce Glanville

8 Nov 13, 2011
Reply by Ed Ballard

DHPs in MF projects

I've got a 20-unit 3-story apartment project in Seattle that's evaluating using DHPs vs. tankless hydronic in each unit. I'm a big fan of D…

Started by Pam Worner

5 Nov 13, 2011
Reply by Pam Worner

Acquiring Images & Pics for Website and Sales Literature

I am starting a new business as an independent auditor. Among the many tasks to be done are a website, sales literature and promotional ite…

Started by Bruce Navin

5 Nov 11, 2011
Reply by Johnny Ritzo

Best Buy/Geek Squad to get into Energy Efficiency

.... home energy management and energy audits.  I'll be curious to see their pricing and energy audit protocols (checklists).   http://bit.…

Started by Melissa Baldridge

6 Nov 11, 2011
Reply by Dennis McCarthy

Portable Drawing method

Hi everybody. I am a self employed DEA.  I am trying to find A suitable software package  That I can use on an iPad or tablet, to draw floo…

Started by John Kelly

6 Nov 6, 2011
Reply by Thomas Price

Best Buy Selling Energy-Efficiency Products

Best Buy in select locations around the country is selling EE products for home.  OK, so homeowners may not seek that OUT there, but hopefu…

0 Nov 4, 2011

Recent Survey Says Americans Overwhelmingly Support Energy Efficiency

A recent survey done by the University of Texas says Americans overwhelmingly support energy efficiency and reduced dependence on foreign o…

0 Nov 4, 2011

New Poll with Silver Lining for EE Professionals

A recent poll says that Americans overwhelmingly support energy-efficiency and reduced dependence on foreign oil.   http://coloradoenergyne…

0 Nov 4, 2011

"Energy Audits like a Colonoscopy"

Great post in GreenBiz this morning about EE and how Americans haven't gotten on board with serious measures at home.  Home energy audits a…

2 Nov 4, 2011
Reply by Melissa Baldridge

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

R Higgins replied to William Fisher's discussion Can tankless water heaters provide hot water even when the groundwater is fairly cold?
"I have that problem, 45 to 50 degree ground water, in summer, not that we have much of a…"
6 hours ago
R Higgins replied to Larry Schaffert's discussion How to correctly insulate exterior wall in a 1900 house?
"I'd suggest trying to replicate the existing conditions as much as possible in your rebuild,…"
7 hours ago
Bryan Pringle replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"I am getting a lot of "bad idea" push back on this.  I fully understand that…"
19 hours ago
Greg Mitchell commented on Larry Ralph Jr's blog post Top 7 Worst Crawl Space Repairs
"Spray Foam should be used in crawlspaces.   To learn about closed cell foam in crawlspaces…"
19 hours ago
Jerry Lawrence posted events
yesterday
Morgan M Audetat replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Right you are. You have to ask: what will the cellulose contribute.  Here in Minneapolis we…"
yesterday
Morgan M Audetat replied to Tony Hicks's discussion Slab-on-grade Insulation
"All slabs float. We have been installing radiant floors on various slab constructions since the…"
yesterday
Tony Hicks replied to Tony Hicks's discussion Slab-on-grade Insulation
"2" XPS foam. I'd love an R-20. Having foam thick enough to get an R-20 would be…"
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service