General Forum (664)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Looking for a good detail for using 1" rigid on exterior

Anyone used 1" rigid in a new exterior wall assembly before?  What are the pros & cons, which rigid product did you use, which weather…

Started by Sloan Ritchie

7 Jan 5, 2011
Reply by Al Heath

Interior rigid insulation retrofit

On this retrofit project, the home has vaulted ceilings, so plenty of room to add insulation at the interior ceiling and re-finish.  There'…

Started by Sloan Ritchie

6 Jan 5, 2011
Reply by Bradford E. White

Selecting The Most Efficient Nat Gas HWH

This project involves abandoning a chimney and replacing a Natural Gas HWH. They were going to go solar (with condensing direct vent back u…

Started by robert post

4 Jan 5, 2011
Reply by robert post

EPAct builder tax credit extension

Folks, I have gotten an email from RESNET stating that this has been extended and made retroactive to Jan. 1, 2010.   Has anyone gotten mor…

Started by John Shillito

11 Jan 4, 2011
Reply by Lorna G. Fear

link to "Most Buildings Don’t Work Properly, Who Cares?"

An excellent article:  http://tinyurl.com/37apwnb  

Started by Ed Voytovich

2 Jan 2, 2011
Reply by Glen Gallo

Cape Attic Insulation & Roofing Project

On a 1950's cape in Oreland Pa (zone 4 but near 5)we are retrofitting attic insulation and doing a new roof. Generally, the proposed roof…

Started by robert post

0 Dec 30, 2010

New Zealand home peformance rating scheme

The New Zealand government today launched a home performance rating scheme where the home owner can rate their house based on certain crite…

Started by CK Ang

12 Dec 28, 2010
Reply by CK Ang

Does peer pressure help motivate people to save energy?

According to the Wall Street Journal, it's one of the best ways."It isn't financial incentives. It isn't more information. It's guilt....St…

Started by Stephanie Inglis

15 Dec 28, 2010
Reply by Joel Greenberg

LEDs over Macy's jewelry counter

On Christmas eve I made it to Macy's to buy a present for my lovely wife. I looked up to see the sparkly halogens and was surprised to see…

Started by George M. Matthews

1 Dec 27, 2010
Reply by Dennis McCarthy

CAZ solutions

CAZ pressure too low On an energy retrofit project during the test out I learned that under worst case conditions, without the air handler…

Started by robert post

4 Dec 23, 2010
Reply by Dale Sherman

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Christopher Morin's blog post was featured

5 Things New Energy Efficiency HVAC Contractors Need to Know

1. Do not sell on Price! Use 'Simple Payback'The price of High-efficient equipment will undoubtedly…See More
3 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan's blog post was featured
3 hours ago
Profile IconDan Liska and Rob Moreno joined Home Energy Pros
3 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan posted a blog post
6 hours ago
Kim Tanner commented on Diane Chojnowski's group Home Energy Pros on Twitter
"Follow The Energy Conservatory on Twitter! We'll follow…"
8 hours ago
Kim Tanner joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Home Energy Pros on Twitter

We've created a twitter list of members of Home Energy Pros who tweet!See More
8 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hi Kaushal, First step is to understand where you are in terms of energy costs.  If current…"
11 hours ago
Kaushal Bharath Raju posted a discussion

Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

We have a small 1940s single level house (1005sqf) in Berkeley, California that is in need of a…See More
19 hours ago
Christopher Morin posted a blog post

5 Things New Energy Efficiency HVAC Contractors Need to Know

1. Do not sell on Price! Use 'Simple Payback'The price of High-efficient equipment will undoubtedly…See More
yesterday
David Eggleton commented on David Eggleton's group Considering Permaculture &/or Transition
"In August 2014, in Minnesota, there's another unprecedented opportunity to meet and mix with a…"
yesterday
Glen Gallo commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post Energy Upgrade California—Up Close and Personal
"Nate, RE: Duct test On my own home and a rental I have tested more than once over the last many…"
yesterday
Profile Iconangela hines and Charles Goldman joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service