General Forum (718)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Does anyone know why weatherization has stopped in SC?

I am a weatherization contractor in South Carolina. The agency that we are contracted through stopped giving us houses on February 11, 20…

Started by Rodney Green

4 Apr 27, 2011
Reply by Ed Minch

Deemed Savings for alternative heating

Does anyone have deemed savings numbers for pellet stoves, advanced combustion/gasification wood stoves, and high efficiency fireplace and…

Started by J.C. Martel

0 Apr 26, 2011

Need to interview consumers for article

Hi everyone,   I'm working on an article on why consumers actually buy home energy upgrades. Not their stated intent ("I'll do it someday b…

Started by Stephanie Inglis

5 Apr 25, 2011
Reply by Stephanie Inglis

Dense Packed Cellulose in Steel Studs?

We have a customer that wants us to blow a wall made with steel studs. We can use either cellulose or fiberglass material. How do I attache…

Started by Al Maloney

4 Apr 21, 2011
Reply by Al Maloney

T-stats without fan-only control

When the air handler is only used for heating, they often don't have a fan-only control.  That's a problem for setting up the house in wors…

Started by Paul Raymer

0 Apr 17, 2011

CRM software-- any recommendations?

Hello HEPsters, As we ramp up our business, we are looking for a low-cost CRM we can use to track our interactions and collect some metrics…

Started by Tom Lewis

2 Apr 14, 2011
Reply by Abe J Degnan

Closed cell foam on underside of my hardwood floor?

I have white oak hardwood floors on an old 1920s house. My contractor is offering to do 2" of closed cell foam on the underside of my hardw…

Started by ryan sentell

8 Apr 11, 2011
Reply by Leo Velichkovsky

Indoor Cannabis production is anything but green

Imagine a facility that has lighting as intense as that found in an operating room (500-times more than needed for reading), 6-times the a…

Started by Evan Mills

1 Apr 6, 2011
Reply by Dennis McCarthy

Installing an indoor swim spa and what type of insulation to use.

I am consulting on an addition to house an indoor swim spa or endless pool.  I am getting all kinds of feedback from the different ins…

Started by Elizabeth Guinn

7 Apr 6, 2011
Reply by Robert H

combustion appliance testing equipment

I'm getting ready to purchase the following items needed to perform a BPI audit:1) combustion analyzer2) gas leak detector3) carbon monoxid…

Started by Meghan McGuire Denlinger

8 Apr 1, 2011
Reply by Ed Voytovich

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"I found the buildingscience article interesting.  Interesting that they noted the wet bottom…"
10 minutes ago
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"With conduction that ends at the bottom of the joists and convection that is naturally suppressed…"
1 hour ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Good morning Bud, Took a quick look at the site and a couple others listed on the Yahoo…"
3 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Hi Hal, Search "Basecalc basement heat loss".  From memory Canada (nrcan) has/had a…"
4 hours ago
Michael Dunseith posted photos
16 hours ago
"II just remembered seeing a report by a federal adency, many years ago, that basically said …"
19 hours ago
Don Fitchett commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

Alliant Energy's PowerHouse TV: Sealing Leaky Ductwork

"Very educational. thanks for sharing Tom."
23 hours ago
Hal Skinner posted a discussion

How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

I am asking this as I do not recall anyone speaking of any study to this end.  Many comments about…See More
23 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service