General Forum (925)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Midwest energy professionals wanted

I live in the East but am part of well-financed movement in the Midwest, and I am interested in knowing who is active in Kansas, Nebraska,…

Started by Tom Strumolo

9 Jul 19, 2012
Reply by David Holtzclaw

The commercial side, are we missing big opportunities?

Most of what is discussed here involves lowing energy costs for residential customers, hence the name HOME energy pros. The commercial cust…

Started by Bob Blanchette

2 Jul 12, 2012
Reply by Bruce Navin

New Construction: Easing Builders into High Performance Construction

I've started a short video series to explain my work in high performance wall systems. Some quick background - my colleague Scott Hedges an…

Started by Greg La Vardera

21 Jul 11, 2012
Reply by Greg La Vardera

Call for residential building speakers - Proposals due August 1, 2012

The Better Buildings: Better Business Conference, March 6-8, 2013 in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, is North America's largest event dedicated…

Started by Anna Svensson

0 Jul 10, 2012

Simulate the fireplace during combustion safety testing or not???

Hello all, I have noticed that BPI Standards for combustion safety do not require the simulation of a fireplace using 300 cfm during worst…

Started by Johnny Mills

11 Jul 7, 2012
Reply by Gary Baggett

Home Energy Score Launch

Our company is a regional partner organization for Home Energy Score and we are getting ready to launch the program this month.  I wanted t…

Started by Zachary Popkin

53 Jul 6, 2012
Reply by James H. Bushart

Do Government and Utility Rebate Programs Help or Hurt?

I say ... they hurt.  What say you?

Started by James H. Bushart

41 Jul 6, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

BPI's Home Energy Auditing Standard Released for Public Comment

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is pleased to announce that its BPI-1100-T-2012: Home Energy Auditing Standard (formerly BPI…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Jul 5, 2012

BPI Issues Open Call for Volunteers to Serve on its Building Analyst Certification Scheme Committee

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) seeks volunteers to serve on a committee to update the Building Analyst (BA) certification s…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Jul 3, 2012

Cooling blower off delay vs. Humidity

How much does the blower off delay at the end of a cooling cycle add to the humidity? It's been discussed that leaving the fan on all the t…

Started by Bob Blanchette

10 Jul 2, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

tedkidd replied to Michael D'Arcy's discussion Small video we created to promote Home Performance
"Great! So those are results measured a year after work, not modeled? That makes you a rare…"
4 hours ago
Therma-HEXX posted a blog post

The ABCs of Snowmelting

Read this great article about snowmelting systems …See More
5 hours ago
Rich Manning commented on Amber Vignieri's blog post Elevate Energy Mythbusters: Windows & Attics Edition
"Amber, Good blog, but heat does not rise. Heat always goes to cold. Hot air rises! "
6 hours ago
Joseph Schulman posted a status
"hello"
7 hours ago
David Baerg joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
8 hours ago
Jan Green replied to Jan Green's discussion Retrofitting a 1979 Home to NAHB Silver or Gold - Pending Cert
"Nice meeting you as well Tom!  You're right! My last 2 electric bills have been $39 and…"
9 hours ago
Steve Mann added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
Thumbnail

Energy Conservatory FlowBlaster

I've got a relatively new Energy Conservatory FlowBlaster for sale. Excellent condition. Hardly…See More
10 hours ago
Michael D'Arcy replied to Michael D'Arcy's discussion Small video we created to promote Home Performance
"Hello Tedkidd, Of course I track these. I actually see more savings often per project then $700…"
10 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service