General Forum (720)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Homeowner education videos?

Does anyone know of any good homeowner education videos about building performance or house as a system? Energy Star had Steve Thomas do on…

Started by John M

9 Jun 6, 2011
Reply by Carol A. Markell

Blown fiberglass + blown cellulose

Our Crew Chief asked me this question today:   I have an attic with R-25 blown fiberglass insulation.  Is there any reason I should not ins…

Started by George Kopf

19 Jun 4, 2011
Reply by Joseph Lamy

Commercial building - relocating thermal/air barrier

I have a confused 8,000 square foot commercial office space. It has a dropped ceiling suspended from wooden truss system. It has a vented a…

Started by Craig Bird

9 Jun 3, 2011
Reply by tedkidd

New energy rebate guide is now available

This is the condensed pocket version.  

Started by Hal Skinner

1 Jun 2, 2011
Reply by Isaac Savage

Save $550 on your next BPI certification

If you plan to add to your certifications from the Building Performance Institute -- and you'd like to save the usual $550 exam cost -- con…

Started by Leah Thayer

0 Jun 2, 2011

Are Reverse Osmosis water systems actually eco-friendly?

Let me start by saying that my reverse osmosis water system is great. I have had it for several years. It seems to be top-shelf for purifyi…

Started by Dennis Cheslik

5 Jun 1, 2011
Reply by Peter C

"1000 Home Challenge" (an ACI initiative) intro webinar, May 31

Please notify Linda Wigington if you are available for the upcoming Intro to the Thousand Home Challenge webinar:   Tuesday,        May 17,…

Started by David Eggleton

3 May 31, 2011
Reply by David Eggleton

Retrofit: Basement Foundation Wall Insulation Choices

Basement block foundation wall insulation I have been auditing & retrofitting homes as an additional service to my remodeling company f…

Started by robert post

5 May 27, 2011
Reply by Allan Bullis

Second Annual Residential Energy Efficiency Technical Update Meeting

Thought this would be an appropriate place to post the opportunity to participate in the Second Annual Residential Energy Efficiency Techni…

Started by Stacy Kuiper Hunt

0 May 27, 2011

Tornado Damaged Homes

Due to the terrible destruction caused by last week’s tornadoes, thousands of homes across the South will need to undergo substantial repai…

Started by Bill Bennett

8 May 26, 2011
Reply by Carol A. Markell

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Craig Bird commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Hal - I would disagree that radiant heat "goes through" fibrous insulation. Radiant heat…"
8 minutes ago
Hal Skinner commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Hi KLurt. I would isagree with the comment that the attic floor is heated by the…"
29 minutes ago
Craig Bird commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Now back to your question - the best data for radiant barriers is the DOE studies from the ORNL.…"
41 minutes ago
Kevin Jordan posted a discussion

Does anyone have pointers on approaching real estate induatry.

Hello All!!I am figuring on approaching the real estate and low income housing industries here in…See More
44 minutes ago
"Kurt - Radiant heat transfer does not heat the air. It is the passing heat directly from hot object…"
53 minutes ago
Steven Turetsky replied to John Shillito's discussion Fixing a water heater?
"Hello John (and everyone else in the forum), I'm a new visitor at this forum and it this is my…"
55 minutes ago
Kevin Jordan posted a status
"I have questions about approaching the real estate industry? I need help."
56 minutes ago
Kurt Shafer commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"And, Mr. Bird, in my experience the attic floor is not heated by radiation from the roof so much as…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service