General Forum (713)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Prevailing insulation levels - what do you see in the field?

We are implementing smarter defaults in the Home Energy Saver Pro calculator. National surveys like RECS don't have good quantitative infor…

Started by Evan Mills

5 Jun 14, 2011
Reply by Joseph Lamy

Rebate programs for injection foam? Not sure.

The context:  I am from a northern climate municipal electric/natural gas utility.  We provide rebates to customers for various energy effi…

Started by Erin Buchanan

17 Jun 12, 2011
Reply by Erin Buchanan

Why is Connecticut so behind the country in Building Performance?

This state is so crazy with the energy efficiency issues going on here. As a state, we have the Home Energy Solutions (HES) program sponser…

Started by Gary Baggett

5 Jun 7, 2011
Reply by Lorenzo Wyatt

Homeowner education videos?

Does anyone know of any good homeowner education videos about building performance or house as a system? Energy Star had Steve Thomas do on…

Started by John M

9 Jun 6, 2011
Reply by Carol A. Markell

Blown fiberglass + blown cellulose

Our Crew Chief asked me this question today:   I have an attic with R-25 blown fiberglass insulation.  Is there any reason I should not ins…

Started by George Kopf

19 Jun 4, 2011
Reply by Joseph Lamy

Commercial building - relocating thermal/air barrier

I have a confused 8,000 square foot commercial office space. It has a dropped ceiling suspended from wooden truss system. It has a vented a…

Started by Craig Bird

9 Jun 3, 2011
Reply by tedkidd

New energy rebate guide is now available

This is the condensed pocket version.  

Started by Hal Skinner

1 Jun 2, 2011
Reply by Isaac Savage

Save $550 on your next BPI certification

If you plan to add to your certifications from the Building Performance Institute -- and you'd like to save the usual $550 exam cost -- con…

Started by Leah Thayer

0 Jun 2, 2011

Are Reverse Osmosis water systems actually eco-friendly?

Let me start by saying that my reverse osmosis water system is great. I have had it for several years. It seems to be top-shelf for purifyi…

Started by Dennis Cheslik

5 Jun 1, 2011
Reply by Peter C

"1000 Home Challenge" (an ACI initiative) intro webinar, May 31

Please notify Linda Wigington if you are available for the upcoming Intro to the Thousand Home Challenge webinar:   Tuesday,        May 17,…

Started by David Eggleton

3 May 31, 2011
Reply by David Eggleton

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Profile IconRich Snyder, Laura Spencer and Ann Griffin joined Home Energy Pros
11 minutes ago
Scott Katznelson posted a discussion

Database of zip code or county by climate zone

HI.  I'm looking for a database that could help me assess the average energy use of a home (per…See More
5 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion The 'Touchy - Feely' sales pitch. in the group Radiant Control Coatings
"The 2nd bestsales tool I ever came up with.  aI will be happy to send anyone a test strip like…"
12 hours ago
Patrick Michaelyan joined Hal Skinner's group
Thumbnail

Radiant Control Coatings

A group where people who work with radiant control coatings can share their success stories and let…See More
14 hours ago
Joseph Lamy posted a blog post

After 70 years on the fence, knotty LED light fixtures hide the Ductless in splendor

After the first week, the ductless heat pump and I became so close that could never even think of…See More
17 hours ago
Profile IconHome Energy Pros now has Member Map
18 hours ago
Tom White posted a video

The Animals Save the Planet - Energy Efficient Penguin

"Energy saving bulbs use one fifth of the energy of ordinary bulbs." Help the animals save their planet and ours, use energy saving bulbs! http://fartingcow....
22 hours ago
Laurie DiDonato posted an event
Thumbnail

Hybrid HERS Rater Training at Online + Manchester, NH or Berlin, CT

September 22, 2014 at 9pm to October 10, 2014 at 7pm
Online Component- September 29th-October 10thChoose from 2 Classroom Sessions: October 27-30 –…See More
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service