General Forum (893)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Vinyl batt to metal frame ware house

I have a strange question that has never come up before.  I have a customer that would like vinyl batts adhered to the wall of a metal fram…

Started by Timothy Renz

5 Oct 8, 2015
Reply by Hal Skinner

What is the best energy auditing software?

Hi:   I have been using TREAT software to do my energy auditing reports. While this software is a powerful tool, its seems that it is desig…

Started by Kevin Eigel

17 Sep 24, 2015
Reply by Cameron Millard

Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?

I recently ran across a situation where a 40 gallon electric water heater was cycling on and off every five minutes or so. While monitoring…

Started by Rodney Fox

19 Sep 24, 2015
Reply by tedkidd

Over 100,000 New HVACR Mechanics and Installers Needed in Next Seven Years

From the HVACR/WDF press release: The HVACR Workforce Development Foundation (WDF) released three new reports and an accompanying executive…

Started by Tom White

0 Sep 21, 2015

Database of zip code or county by climate zone

HI.  I'm looking for a database that could help me assess the average energy use of a home (per square foot, probably), separated by climat…

Started by Scott Katznelson

14 Sep 21, 2015
Reply by Ken Girdley

Acronym Challenge!

We challenge you to make suggestions to help troubleshoot the below problem using as many acronyms as possible! Can you do it?To help you w…

Started by Kim Tanner

7 Sep 10, 2015
Reply by Kim Tanner

Home Energy's Sept/Oct issue is live!

The September/October issue is now live on www.homeenergy.org. This month's articles include: Editorial: Twenty-First-Century Energy Effic…

Started by Home Energy Magazine

0 Sep 2, 2015

"Spray Foam Insulation is More Important Than LIFE!"

During 2009 Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation was thought to be king of all insulation's. In fact, 'according to building scientist and in…

Started by Richard Beyer

1 Aug 27, 2015
Reply by tedkidd

lifespan of air sealing materials

I am looking for research and resources concerning the effective useful life of air sealing materials. Of greatest concern to me is single…

Started by Jonathan Ballew

14 Aug 27, 2015
Reply by Ed Minch

Modeling a Gas Fireplace in Wrightsoft

Any advice on how to factor a gas fireplace into a Wrightsoft Manual J model? Seems like it would reduce the required heat from the central…

Started by Bachi Brunato

12 Aug 26, 2015
Reply by Judy Rachel

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Joe Crisara posted a blog post

Give Your False Assumptions a Knockout Punch

By Derek LauberWe face seemingly unlimited obstacles when trying to manage and grow our…See More
9 hours ago
Profile IconJoe Crisara, Earth Advantage, Sydney G. Roberts and 6 more joined Home Energy Pros
9 hours ago
Jonny Fisher added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
Thumbnail

Minneapolis Blower Doors and Duct Blaster for sale

I have two Minneapolis Blower Doors + DG 700, duct blaster with manometer and some other…See More
9 hours ago
Jonny Fisher replied to Hamed Ghanbari's discussion Need a Minneapolis Blower Door + DG 700 in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"I have two Minneapolis blower doors with DG 700.  I also have some other used equipment if you…"
9 hours ago
Nolan Walker replied to Hamed Ghanbari's discussion Need a Minneapolis Blower Door + DG 700 in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Hi Hamed, I have an extra Minneapolis blower door system - nolanwalker@gmail.com for more…"
11 hours ago
Mike Burton replied to Hamed Ghanbari's discussion Need a Minneapolis Blower Door + DG 700 in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"I have a Minneapolis Bloor Door + DG700 I am wanting to sell. Please contact me at…"
13 hours ago
Hamed Ghanbari added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
Thumbnail

Need a Minneapolis Blower Door + DG 700

Looking to buy a Minneapolis Blower Door + DG 700, any assistant would be greatly appreciated.…See More
13 hours ago
Sandra K. Adomatis, SRA posted a status
"See my latest blog on "Appraiser Competency-The Simple Version" https://adomatis.wordpress.com/"
13 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service