General Forum (798)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"The Dangers of Using Spray Foam Insulation"

This post is an informational post to help advise you and your workers from falling victim to the misleading beliefs of so many in the cons…

Started by Richard Beyer

12 Dec 18, 2014
Reply by Chris Leach

Blower Door Question

We are having a friendly (so far) discussion here on the following. When you initially run your blower door to -50pa all the holes, cracks,…

Started by billy g pinnick jr

15 Dec 18, 2014
Reply by j. west

BPI QCI Cert.

Does anyone on here have the new QCI Cert.   I have my written and field test then 2nd week of Dec.  I know a lot of people here in Maine h…

Started by Chad Mcaulife

17 Dec 16, 2014
Reply by Chad Mcaulife

LED use in the summer

As  the use of LED lighting becomes typical or commonplace there are a few benefits that apply to their use during the hot summer months; B…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

4 Dec 8, 2014
Reply by reflintorm

Cellulose As An Air Seal

I often hear people proclaim that a thick layer of cellulose will seal all of those air leaks below, thus eliminating the need to dig throu…

Started by Bud Poll

14 Dec 7, 2014
Reply by Bpb Farmer

Dual Fuel Systems, at what point do they make sense?

Heat Pump with furnace backup. These make no sense in our area with local NG rates, but they do make sense for LP. Our NG is cheap, but the…

Started by Bob Blanchette

2 Dec 4, 2014
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Workflow processes

Wondering if you have any experience with workflow programs?  Good ones, bad ones, industry specific?  Pros and cons? Thanks!

Started by Kent Mitchell

1 Dec 4, 2014
Reply by Dmitri A Martin

Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .

Yet more from the realm of LED lighting-  Many folks are seeing LEDs - it's hard to avoid contact with 'em. A growing proportion of cars u…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

4 Nov 26, 2014
Reply by reflintorm

Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?

Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?   Multi-family dwelling units aside here.  Single family homes…

Started by Hal Skinner

3 Nov 25, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?

Ok, just want to throw this out there. I live in the high desert, 6800' or so. My house is pretty well insulated, and gets great passive so…

Started by peter chang

4 Nov 22, 2014
Reply by peter chang

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Stan Kuhn replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Have you heard!? BPI's BSP Certificate Approved as Home Energy Score Prerequisite in the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
"Mike, are there any statistics on the number of HES ratings performed, by all providers?"
39 minutes ago
Mike Kandel added a discussion to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
Thumbnail

Have you heard!? BPI's BSP Certificate Approved as Home Energy Score Prerequisite

The Building Performance Institute's Building Science Principles (BSP) Certificate of Knowledge has…See More
43 minutes ago
Mike Kandel posted a discussion

Have you heard!? BPI's BSP Certificate Approved as Home Energy Score Prerequisite!

The Building Performance Institute's Building Science Principles (BSP) Certificate of Knowledge has…See More
44 minutes ago
Shawna Henderson posted a status
"New Blog Post @HomeEnergyMag Why I like Dumb, Do-Nothing Houses http://shar.es/1WSOIX"
1 hour ago
Larry Gorman posted a discussion

Hobo Data loggers for sale

I have recently retired and no longer have need of these, which are all in like new condition.  I…See More
2 hours ago
Laurel Elam posted a blog post

Over 146,000 Homes in the U.S. were HERS Rated and issued a HERS Index Score in 2014

In 2014 there were 146,860 homes in the United States that were energy rated by certified RESNET…See More
2 hours ago
Shashank Kirloskar posted a blog post

Top 8 Solar Panel Manufacturers in India

Non-Renewable resources are reducing rapidly. Powering homes and offices through other means,…See More
13 hours ago
Avi Yashchin posted a blog post
14 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service