General Forum (856)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

cooling vests

Does anyone use cooling vests for attic work in the summer?  If so any suggestions?

Started by Mike Hartnett

9 May 17
Reply by Doug Krahl

Entry level IR cameras

Has anyone used or seen the flir E4 or E5 in use? I really want feedback if one of those will work well for finding air leaks and missing i…

Started by Cory Chovanec

6 May 16
Reply by Cory Chovanec

BPI Releases 2014 Annual Report

BPI's 2014 Annual Report is now available for your viewing pleasure. It details several initiatives BPI introduced in 2014 in response to a…

Started by Mike Kandel

1 May 11
Reply by Everblue Training

Can tankless water heaters provide hot water even when the groundwater is fairly cold?

Hi, I live in Cleveland where the ground temperature water can get quite cold during the winter. Our hot water heater feels like it's on it…

Started by William Fisher

19 May 10
Reply by Morgan M Audetat

Dense packed cellulose in basement?

I am looking for advice on a project I would like to attempt in my own home. It is an 1840s cape with a granite block foundation, and basem…

Started by Bryan Pringle

31 May 5
Reply by Bryan Pringle

BPI Announces Tony Woods Award Recipient and Hall of Fame Inductees

BPI is proud to announce that Peter Troast of Energy Circle Pro has been awarded the 2015 Tony Woods Award for Excellence in Advancing the…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 May 5

Conservation Services Group

Hello, recently I've applied to do contractor work for the Conservation Services Group. I would like to know if anybody has chosen this rou…

Started by robert jones

0 May 4

How to correctly insulate exterior wall in a 1900 house?

We are working with a homeowner who had frozen pipes over the winter.  Their home is a balloon framed two story home built in 1900.  The wo…

Started by Larry Schaffert

12 Apr 30
Reply by Bpb Farmer

Share Your Story at ACI National

Have you experienced a haunted attic or crawl space that had a will of its own? Do tell! In a special evening session on Wednesday, May 6 a…

Started by Home Energy Magazine

1 Apr 29
Reply by Chris Dorsi

Hello Everyone

My name is Vernon House. I have been involved in the Illinois Weatherization Program since 1996. Check out my website here: http://proweath…

Started by Vernon House

0 Apr 23

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Bud Poll replied to John Carton's discussion Smoke Puffer stick
"Hi John, I recently purchased some used equipment and they included their smoke-pen.  I had…"
5 hours ago
Ryan Puckett is now a member of Home Energy Pros
13 hours ago
Mary Desilva posted a blog post

Why Do You Need Wet Basement Waterproofing Before It Is Too Late?

The thought of establishment repair is sufficient to make most property holders alarm, however how…See More
18 hours ago
John Carton posted a discussion

Smoke Puffer stick

Does anyone have any suggestions for an easy to use and rugged smoke puffer stick?Prefer not to…See More
Profile IconJesse, Daniel and John Carton joined Home Energy Pros
John Kaye commented on Diane Chojnowski's group Home Energy Pros on Twitter
"Happy Halloween Home Energy Pros tweet me"
John Kaye joined Diane Chojnowski's group

Home Energy Pros on Twitter

We've created a twitter list of members of Home Energy Pros who tweet!See More
EnergyLogic Academy posted blog posts

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service