General Forum (720)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Home Performance with Energy Star Contractor's Roundtable

Home Energy has published business development guides for residential building contractors that participate in the jointly-sponsored DOE/EP…

Started by Tom White

4 Aug 8, 2011
Reply by Tom White

RemRate Water Furnace modeling problem

RemRate allows for a ground source heat pump and you can couple it to the domestic hot water system.  However I need to convert the Water F…

Started by Elizabeth Guinn

5 Aug 8, 2011
Reply by Elizabeth Guinn

Ballasted roofs. How prevalent and how effective at energy efficiency are they?

I dont see a whole lot of these in my area.  Until recently I did not realize that they can be designed to meet 'Cool Roof'. specifications…

Started by Hal Skinner

6 Aug 5, 2011
Reply by Hal Skinner

Tenmat Recessed Light covers

Does anyone have experience/comments on Tenmat recessed light covers.

Started by Ed Ballard

3 Aug 2, 2011
Reply by Don Hynek

you might be an energy auditor if

ya write dumb songs about yer job like:   When yer payin high bills and still shiverin chills, Or yer house is smellin moldy And yer kids a…

Started by Joseph Lamy

6 Jul 27, 2011
Reply by Joseph Lamy

Effectively pricing duct sealing

I'm wondering what home performance contractors have found to be the best contract and or pricing method for air sealing duct systems? What…

Started by George M. Matthews

9 Jul 27, 2011
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

How's the water? Managing energy use in Pools.

Not every house has one, and they certainly don't provide an essential energy service, but they sure gobble energy. Interested in hearing y…

Started by Evan Mills

12 Jul 21, 2011
Reply by Mike Estupinian

Energy auditor/analyst contracts

We are seeing increased requirements for HERS Whole House Analysis in California.  Frequently, the analyses are required as part of a fundi…

Started by Brion Battin Black

1 Jul 14, 2011
Reply by Adam Winter

Free webinar 7/19: How to Use Energy Audits to Reduce a Home's Cost of Ownership

Hi everyone. Join us at daily5REMODEL -- and/or invite your staff and colleagues -- for a free webinar next Tuesday by HERS rater, BPI anal…

Started by Leah Thayer

0 Jul 14, 2011

You might be an Energy Auditor if....

While cooking sugar into candy and not being able to locate the thermometer, you instead stand over the pot with your thermal imaging camer…

Started by Elizabeth Guinn

19 Jun 29, 2011
Reply by Timothy DeLuca

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Craig Bird commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Hal - I would disagree that radiant heat "goes through" fibrous insulation. Radiant heat…"
2 minutes ago
Hal Skinner commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Hi KLurt. I would isagree with the comment that the attic floor is heated by the…"
23 minutes ago
Craig Bird commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Now back to your question - the best data for radiant barriers is the DOE studies from the ORNL.…"
34 minutes ago
Kevin Jordan posted a discussion

Does anyone have pointers on approaching real estate induatry.

Hello All!!I am figuring on approaching the real estate and low income housing industries here in…See More
38 minutes ago
"Kurt - Radiant heat transfer does not heat the air. It is the passing heat directly from hot object…"
46 minutes ago
Steven Turetsky replied to John Shillito's discussion Fixing a water heater?
"Hello John (and everyone else in the forum), I'm a new visitor at this forum and it this is my…"
49 minutes ago
Kevin Jordan posted a status
"I have questions about approaching the real estate industry? I need help."
49 minutes ago
Kurt Shafer commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"And, Mr. Bird, in my experience the attic floor is not heated by radiation from the roof so much as…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service