General Forum (961)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Work in cold climate? Come to WI to check out Joe Nagan's cold climate homes course

Minimize lost profit, time and resources while improving the performance, efficiency and durability of the homes you build. Discover exactl…

Started by Anna Svensson

0 Sep 24, 2012

I was asked - Hey , LED guy do you have any recommendations...

So these day's I get asked that question either posed by friends & associates or in my role in solid state lighting sales. The question…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

3 Sep 21, 2012
Reply by Roch Naleway

BPI Signs MoU with Zehnder America to Provide Quality Assurance Commissioning Services

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) and Zehnder America are pleased to announce a Memorandum of Understanding allowing BPI's Qua…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Sep 19, 2012

Locating the Neutral Pressure Plane

I am not an energy Rater .. I am an architect I am curious if any "Home Energy Pros" make an effort to locate the Neutral Pressure Plane (N…

Started by John Brooks

49 Sep 18, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

Consumer Energy Scam Watch

Open4Energy publishes lists of products that we believe make unreasonable claims in how they save consumers energy - which we define as "sc…

Started by Alexander Bischoff

15 Sep 15, 2012
Reply by Curt Kinder

Rick Gerardi's case for a "Performance Registry"

In NY, HPwES is in serious risk of collapse.  While short term triage "solutions" seem de rigueur, vision for sustainable long term cures,…

Started by tedkidd

23 Sep 14, 2012
Reply by Pat Dundon

Can HP programs afford to keep subsidizing all these free-riders?

First some facts: 1. The ARRA bubble era is over. Efficiency First has a webinar coming up next week that will claim that contractors don't…

Started by Tom Conlon

7 Sep 13, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

Everblue Interviews BPI CEO Larry Zarker

Read Everblue's interview with BPI CEO Larry Zarker, during which he discusses the future of the industry, his background and role in it, a…

Started by Mike Kandel

1 Sep 12, 2012
Reply by Dennis McCarthy

Fun with Neutral Pressure Planes (NPP)

Greetings First of all...... * As we upgrade and build new....   I think it is time to eliminate atmospherically vented appliances from the…

Started by John Brooks

87 Sep 9, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

“I don’t get it why would we want to make the house so tight that you would need ventilation?”

“I don’t get it why would we want to make the house so tight that you would need ventilation?”   I was asked this question by a potential c…

Started by Glen Gallo

45 Sep 8, 2012
Reply by Jim Shankle

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

David Ware added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
Thumbnail

Weatherization and Testing Equipment for sale - Wisconsin

2000 Chev. W-4500 Tiltmaster Truck           Outfitted with shelving specific to insulation…See More
26 minutes ago
David Ware joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
39 minutes ago
Kobus Niemand commented on Alfie Davis's blog post Ways to Give Your Kitchen a Beautiful Makeover
"I got some new black and white granite tops to replace the old laminated stuff. They really change…"
3 hours ago
Kobus Niemand commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Natural Gas is Becoming Less Attractive
"Well after the greatest natural disaster in human history, who can blame…"
3 hours ago
Kobus Niemand commented on Alfie Davis's blog post Chic New Trends in Kitchen Renovation
"Nice tips! Thanks for the recommendations! With tiles for the kitchen, do you go with dark or light…"
3 hours ago
Alfie Davis posted a blog post
8 hours ago
Profile IconAlfonso Scott, Susan Benford, HomeWiz and 2 more joined Home Energy Pros
21 hours ago
Hannah Wood added a discussion to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
Thumbnail

Healthy Home Evaluator (HHE) certification + recorded webinar

Thanks to those of you who joined BPI's webinar on the Healthy Home Evaluator certification…See More
21 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service