General Forum (780)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The BER is Offering a HERS rater training in conjunction with NEHERS Alliance

The BER is presenting a HERS rater training March 5 - 10 in Springfield, MA. See link below for more details or to sign up.  http://www.ene

Started by Jason Belmont

0 Jan 26, 2012

Nashville Weatherization Program Fraud?

Hi Everyone,   Just caught this from one of my RSS feeds.  Not sure how old the story is: http://www.thermalimagingscan.com/energy-audit-we

Started by Matt Schwoegler

18 Jan 26, 2012
Reply by Dale Sherman

So have you experienced the New TEC Trainer?

Just curious if any trainers/students have experienced the new TEC Trainer form The Energy Conservatory.  If so, we'd loved to hear feedbac…

Started by Tracy & Matt

0 Jan 26, 2012

New house with way too much condensation build up!

ok, my fellow energy geeks, i need some help here. i just visited a house built just last year. it has condensation and frost on every sing…

Started by Chad Smith

5 Jan 26, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

ERV in humid climate zone (CZ-2A)

What do you think about putting an Whisper-Green FV-04VE1exhaust-only ERV in CZ-2A (Houston, or Austin?). Concerns about long-term efficacy…

Started by Kristof Irwin

1 Jan 23, 2012
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

Smart Meters

There doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion in forums such as this one about Smart Meter technology and where the industry is at this poin…

Started by Eric Sperline

12 Jan 22, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Out of Square Door, How to Fix ?

Is there a relatively simple way to resolve doors that have leaks due to the door frame being slightly out of square/ The door opens/shuts…

Started by Bob Blanchette

7 Jan 20, 2012
Reply by Jeff Warner

Problem Room on North Side of House

I have a north facing bedroom on the "hit list" with 3 exterior walls and a cathedral ceiling. The room also has 30 or so sq ft of North gl…

12 Jan 20, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

The Coming Energy Implosion

I got this idea from my good friend Mike Nelson, the Obi-Wan Kenobi of solar in Washington state, who predicts that new technologies and be…

Started by James White

17 Jan 20, 2012
Reply by James White

Controlling heat gain/loss Through Windows

How effective are things like window tinting and thermal curtains? Gimmick or worth the money?

3 Jan 20, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Tom White's video was featured

Raising the Bar within the Weatherization and Home Performance Industry

The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) was created in 1976 to assist low-income families who lacked resources to invest in energy efficiency. This video not only shines a light on the existing success of the WAP, but it also takes a look at its…
20 minutes ago
Profile IconBarry Martin and David Snell joined Home Energy Pros
56 minutes ago
Shawna Henderson posted a blog post

Sales funnels are funny shaped things

One challenge seems to be at the forefront of a lot of the discussions I'm having with colleagues…See More
1 hour ago
Nate Adams joined Allison A. Bailes III's group
Thumbnail

HVAC

HVAC design, Manuals J, S, T, & D, Duct leakage, Air flow, ENERGY STAR new home requirements,…See More
1 hour ago
Nate Adams joined Evan Mills's group
Thumbnail

Home Energy Ratings

Calculating them; visualizing them; explaining them; selling them .... there is a lot to discuss…See More
1 hour ago
Nate Adams joined Michael Stuart's group
Thumbnail

INFRARED THERMOGRAPHY USERS

This group is dedicated to knowledge sharing and discussion of infrared thermography for building…See More
1 hour ago
Nate Adams joined James Sayers's group
Thumbnail

Marketing Energy Efficiency

Sharing ideas, tools and examples of promoting energy efficiency to consumersSee More
1 hour ago
Nate Adams joined David Eggleton's group
Thumbnail

1000 Home Challenge

Linda Wigington distinguished between deep retrofits & deep energy reductions, thus expanding…See More
1 hour ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service