General Forum (718)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sealed Combustion Wood burning stove?

I am working on a design for a small, potentially off-grid, cabin with serious wall insulation (double wall construction) and air sealing. …

Started by Elizabeth Guinn

11 Oct 13, 2011
Reply by tedkidd

Open Hardware Appliance Waste Heat Exchanger

Hello,   I'm starting a project to make open source/open hardware home heat exchangers for appliances. There's a lot going for the concept…

Started by Christopher Suprock

0 Oct 6, 2011

Cost Effective Passive Solar Design

Greetings Home Energy Community,   Excited about joining. I just found out GBA published my Cost-Effective Passive Solar Design article. I…

Started by Brian Knight

4 Oct 5, 2011
Reply by Leo Klisch

How About an Energy Efficient Garage?

Greetings to my fellow home energy professionals...   I have been thinking about ways to work on one's garage to make it energy efficient a…

Started by Meni

14 Oct 2, 2011
Reply by Brian Knight

Folk Labeling of energy controls - request for photos

Hi Everybody,   I would like to ask your help in finding examples of folk labels on energy controls.   Some interfaces are so opaque that…

Started by Alan Meier

6 Sep 29, 2011
Reply by Tom

NEASI

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about NEASI, the National Energy and Sustainability Institute in Colorado Springs?  They are c…

Started by Paul Raymer

4 Sep 28, 2011
Reply by David Eggleton

Solar Decathlon 2011

Is anyone else visiting the Solar Decathlon this year?  I am in town until Wednesday.  There are some really fantastic houses down in West…

Started by Emily Kemper

1 Sep 26, 2011
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

A Boost for Energy Auditing from Consumer Reports

In the Oct 2011 issue, in an article titled "Energy savings (for real)":   What works: A home energy audit can identify low-tech, high-yiel…

Started by Karin Haerter

1 Sep 22, 2011
Reply by Walter Stachowicz

Securing soffit baffles in existing homes

I'd  like input from installers out there on the best way you have found for securing foam baffle extensions to the underside of the roof d…

Started by Ed Ballard

8 Sep 22, 2011
Reply by Jonathan Beers

Net Zero Families

Interesting.8 identical homes. Same area.Energy use varied from 3000 kWh/year less than the PV system produced to about 5000 kWh more....  …

Started by Evan Mills

1 Sep 22, 2011
Reply by David Eggleton

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"I found the buildingscience article interesting.  Interesting that they noted the wet bottom…"
2 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"With conduction that ends at the bottom of the joists and convection that is naturally suppressed…"
3 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Good morning Bud, Took a quick look at the site and a couple others listed on the Yahoo…"
5 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Hi Hal, Search "Basecalc basement heat loss".  From memory Canada (nrcan) has/had a…"
6 hours ago
Michael Dunseith posted photos
18 hours ago
"II just remembered seeing a report by a federal adency, many years ago, that basically said …"
22 hours ago
Don Fitchett commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

Alliant Energy's PowerHouse TV: Sealing Leaky Ductwork

"Very educational. thanks for sharing Tom."
yesterday
Hal Skinner posted a discussion

How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

I am asking this as I do not recall anyone speaking of any study to this end.  Many comments about…See More
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service