General Forum (743)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ambient Combustable Gas

I recently audited a home and found my gas leak detector (TIF 8800A) went off when I entered the home.  This was the first time I noticed i…

Started by Dmitri A Martin

6 Jan 6, 2012
Reply by Tom Barrett

New 25e TAX CREDIT BILL - Good or Bad for Biz?

Hey Everyone! Please take a moment and check our the new 25e TAX CREDIT bill and let me know what you think.  http://www.efficiencyfirst.…

Started by Kiaya Schnellmann

8 Jan 5, 2012
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

Vinyl batt to metal frame ware house

I have a strange question that has never come up before.  I have a customer that would like vinyl batts adhered to the wall of a metal fram…

Started by Timothy Renz

3 Jan 4, 2012
Reply by Ed Ballard

Help from other states concerning Combustion Safety Testing.

I'm searching for information from other states that have ammended policies concerning who can do combustion safety testing and the license…

Started by Gary Baggett

10 Dec 29, 2011
Reply by Gary Baggett

Ventilation for Spray Foam retrofit

I have a flat roof home with 3 feet of clearance from attic floor to ceiling. It is 1920 square feet, existing home. The space is unvented,…

Started by Craig Bird

3 Dec 15, 2011
Reply by tedkidd

D.I.Y. Services to Homeowners. Do they make sense?

Here is a scenario:   You are a home performance contractor. Sales are down (slightly or significantly). Homeowners in your area just don't…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

9 Dec 9, 2011
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

Mold on exterior walls

I have been doing a good deal of research into the topic of mold that has grown on exterior walls (and appears to be spreading).   I have h…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

10 Dec 7, 2011
Reply by David Meiland

Energy Upgrade California

Does anyone have a good disclosure about NOT hitting your target on the test out ?

Started by Dave Loperena

0 Dec 7, 2011

Energy Prices Will Only Climb, Says One Brazilian Oil Exec

Oil and gas prices are only due to climb, says Petrobas chief.  And that's OUR opportunity to make homes and commercial buildings more ener…

Started by Melissa Baldridge

2 Dec 4, 2011
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

Radiant barrier over blown in insulation

I have seen mold growing under a radiant barrier installed over blown in insulation.  I am looking for any articles, etc.... about this pro…

Started by Rob Wright

21 Nov 28, 2011
Reply by Ed Minch

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Ethan Bukowiec replied to Ethan Bukowiec's discussion Thoughts on energy startup's new propane smart meter
"Wanted to give everyone an update on how things are doing with our Kickstarter campaign. We have…"
2 hours ago
Tom White's video was featured

Unlocking the Power of Grey Water in a Living Building Challenge Home

Rob Nicely, President of Carmel Building & Design talks with Tom Wood, Nexus eWater System's Chief Technology Officer, about Unlocking the Power of Grey Water.
2 hours ago
Griffin Hagle's discussion was featured

You're designing a Home Performance dashboard. Which 6 metrics do you include?

Credit Karma got me thinking about this. For those who are unfamiliar, it's a free* online credit…See More
2 hours ago
Bud Poll's discussion was featured

Inconsistant Local Authority

It becomes frustrating to give people modern advice and then have to backtrack and tell them to do…See More
2 hours ago
w d's discussion was featured

Managing Solar Energy

What's the state of the art on managing solar energy (esp. at the home)?There's surely no…See More
2 hours ago
Ethan Bukowiec's discussion was featured

Thoughts on energy startup's new propane smart meter

Hello,I wanted to introduce you all to a new energy startup I am working with called …See More
2 hours ago
George Kopf's discussion was featured
2 hours ago
John Porterfield replied to Dave Robinson's discussion Can We PLEASE Stop Calling Them “Ductless” in the group 1000 Home Challenge
"Any update on this work?  Seems manufacturers would provide an indoor coil that would…"
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service