General Forum (913)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The science of hot air rising

Evan, I'm hoping you will comment on this. Since energy myths are front and center at the moment I would like to discuss a single myth, the…

Started by Bud Poll

141 Sep 26, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

Work in cold climate? Come to WI to check out Joe Nagan's cold climate homes course

Minimize lost profit, time and resources while improving the performance, efficiency and durability of the homes you build. Discover exactl…

Started by Anna Svensson

0 Sep 24, 2012

I was asked - Hey , LED guy do you have any recommendations...

So these day's I get asked that question either posed by friends & associates or in my role in solid state lighting sales. The question…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

3 Sep 21, 2012
Reply by Roch Naleway

BPI Signs MoU with Zehnder America to Provide Quality Assurance Commissioning Services

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) and Zehnder America are pleased to announce a Memorandum of Understanding allowing BPI's Qua…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Sep 19, 2012

Locating the Neutral Pressure Plane

I am not an energy Rater .. I am an architect I am curious if any "Home Energy Pros" make an effort to locate the Neutral Pressure Plane (N…

Started by John Brooks

49 Sep 18, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

Consumer Energy Scam Watch

Open4Energy publishes lists of products that we believe make unreasonable claims in how they save consumers energy - which we define as "sc…

Started by Alexander Bischoff

15 Sep 15, 2012
Reply by Curt Kinder

Rick Gerardi's case for a "Performance Registry"

In NY, HPwES is in serious risk of collapse.  While short term triage "solutions" seem de rigueur, vision for sustainable long term cures,…

Started by tedkidd

23 Sep 14, 2012
Reply by Pat Dundon

Can HP programs afford to keep subsidizing all these free-riders?

First some facts: 1. The ARRA bubble era is over. Efficiency First has a webinar coming up next week that will claim that contractors don't…

Started by Tom Conlon

7 Sep 13, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

Everblue Interviews BPI CEO Larry Zarker

Read Everblue's interview with BPI CEO Larry Zarker, during which he discusses the future of the industry, his background and role in it, a…

Started by Mike Kandel

1 Sep 12, 2012
Reply by Dennis McCarthy

Fun with Neutral Pressure Planes (NPP)

Greetings First of all...... * As we upgrade and build new....   I think it is time to eliminate atmospherically vented appliances from the…

Started by John Brooks

87 Sep 9, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Joseph Frederick added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
Thumbnail

Blower door Equipment for sale

Minneapolis Blower Door model 700, DG with cruise control. Hoses and manuals, door frame. Used once…See More
11 minutes ago
Dan Antonioli replied to Dan Antonioli's discussion Net Zero Energy Hot Water
"For my particular application the heat pump heater would be integral to the tank and thus be…"
2 hours ago
Dennis Heidner replied to Dan Antonioli's discussion Net Zero Energy Hot Water
"What climate zone are you in?  Where would the hot water heater be set?  Northern…"
4 hours ago
Larry Weingarten replied to Dan Antonioli's discussion Net Zero Energy Hot Water
"Hello:  Looking for solid numbers,you might want to search "Martin Holladay solar thermal…"
4 hours ago
Profile IconGabriel Lieb, Beth Neri and Aaron Beck joined Home Energy Pros
5 hours ago
Kim Tanner posted a discussion

Game of Homes

Have you seen the new online game by EnergyLogic, Game of Homes? If not you should check it out!…See More
6 hours ago
Beth Neri liked John Gillis's discussion Tamarack Technologies Introduces First Intelligent Whole House Fan
6 hours ago
Steven Lefler replied to Dan Antonioli's discussion Net Zero Energy Hot Water
"Dan, I build "Net Zero" modular homes. I was given this company as a possible solution…"
6 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service