General Forum (753)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Spray Foam Liability

According to the EPA, exposures to spray foam's key ingredient, isocyanates, and other SPF chemicals in vapors, aerosols, and dust during a…

Started by Dmitri A Martin

10 Feb 14, 2012
Reply by Bruce Navin

Is LEED Lip Stick on a Pig?

http://bit.ly/yA52MU Is LEED lip stick on a pig?   I like the concept of LEED however the acronym is probably in need of adjustment that w…

Started by Glen Gallo

6 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by William H Nickerson

ACI is the "Can't Miss" Event of the Year...Agree or Disagree?

As many people here know, the annual ACI conference can be a life-changing--and business changing--event. It is the best darned home energy…

Started by Mike Rogers

1 Feb 7, 2012
Reply by David Eggleton

The end of profits for Auditors/raters

90% of all my new energy audit customers now expect reduced or 'free' service. BPI has sites listing participating contractors who offer fr…

Started by allen p tanner

100 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

Help Me Program Open Source Energy Software

Austin, TX will be hosting a 48 hr "Code-a-thon"April 14-15, 2012.  The goal is to jumpstart development for non-profits.   I have started…

Started by Joel Greenberg

1 Feb 2, 2012
Reply by Evan Mills

Capping/air sealing, insulating dropped ceilings

Here in the desert southwest, most of our ducts are in attic spaces. A large majority of those are rigid in dropped ceilings that are open…

Started by Craig Bird

4 Jan 31, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

Duct Testing

When using the Duct Blaster I have found it necessary to seal the combustion air grilles on the furnace door and flue on an 80% afue gas fu…

Started by Damien Herold

2 Jan 28, 2012
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

Commercial Energy Auditing Software

I'm wondering if any of you Energy Pro's out there have experience with commercial energy auditing software that would include multi-family…

Started by Eric Sperline

2 Jan 27, 2012
Reply by Barry Kroeker

Will it ever be against the law to install a window that reflects sunlight?

Woman Claims Neighbor’s Energy Efficient Windows Are Melting Her Toyota Prius http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/01/25/woman-claims-neigh

Started by Chris Heenan

3 Jan 27, 2012
Reply by David Meiland

CAZ make-up air options

I've encountered an install of 6" duct directly connected to the outside through the rim joist and covered by a simple mess screen on the e…

Started by Jerry Huelsenbeck

5 Jan 27, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Michael Dunseith posted a status
"BPI Infiltration and Duct leakage (IDL) Certified"
3 hours ago
Jeremy Begley posted a blog post
7 hours ago
Kim Burnett joined Sean Lintow Sr's group
Thumbnail

Best Practices (Residential)

Best Building, Retrofitting, or even Auditing Practices - what are they, what should change, what…See More
7 hours ago
Kent Mitchell commented on Adam Swain's blog post Top Worst Crawl Space Insulation Ideas
"Hi Adam - It sounds like you may be referring to enclosed crawlspaces - Here in the NW we've…"
9 hours ago
peter chang replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"I think it is quite possible the greatest savings will be realized by the lowest volume users. I…"
10 hours ago
Marie Fuentes is now a member of Home Energy Pros
10 hours ago
peter chang replied to peter chang's discussion Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?
"Good plan, thanks. That looks pretty much like how I used to program mine (when I had one). Maybe…"
10 hours ago
Bob Blanchette replied to peter chang's discussion Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?
"Since the sun heats the house to 78f during the day, cutting the power from the time you leave for…"
12 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service