General Forum (808)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Help Build Industry Excellence: Join BPI's Accreditation Management Board

Make a difference! BPI is seeking applications from individuals interested in serving on its Accreditation Management Board (AMB). The AMB…

Started by Cierra Mooney

0 May 15, 2012

BPI's April Stump the Chump: What’s Wrong with this Picture?

We know, we know. There’s a lot right with this picture, such as the gorgeous view of Lake Tahoe in the background and the awesome powder f…

Started by Cierra Mooney

3 May 15, 2012
Reply by Cierra Mooney

Spray Foam and 2009 IRC codes? Your interpretation?

We are looking at spray foam and whether we will be able to use it without an ignition barrier in crawlspaces or attics. The initial opinio…

Started by Caleb Simon

8 May 14, 2012
Reply by Timothy Renz

Your thoughts on wiring fiberglass batts to the roof deck (hot dry climate)

I have seen many failed attempts at doing this method. I know it is not optimal, but many builders are still doing this as an upgrade to ce…

Started by Craig Bird

8 May 10, 2012
Reply by Craig Bird

Multi Family Auditing

I'm curious to hear from anyone with experience in Multi Family Auditing what your thoughts on the muti-point blower door test are, and if…

Started by Thomas Price

38 May 10, 2012
Reply by Tim Marlett

The Short-Circuit Theory, Keep or Remove Those Gable Vents?

When a ridge vent is added to a house that already has gable and soffit vents, you may hear advice that goes something like this. "You must…

Started by Bud Poll

21 May 8, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Leakage to outside on ducts fully within the envelope

I am just wondering if a lot of people are feeling the way I do on the subject of testing Duct Leakage To Outside on duct systems that are…

Started by Jack Baikoff

10 May 3, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

BPI Works with RSES to Expand Accreditation Options for the HVAC Contractor

BPI now accepts the Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES) certifications as prerequisite criteria for participation in our accredi…

Started by Cierra Mooney

0 May 1, 2012

Codes, codes & more codes

Come by to check out our latest newsletter featuring building code related stories.  If you're interested in receiving the newsletter on mo…

Started by Silvie Votrubova

0 Apr 30, 2012

R-19 Walls

Good afternoon, I am looking for cost effective insulating for a 1910 brick 2 story in Chicago. Demo starts today. Complete gut. 18" crawls…

Started by randy tolowski

1 Apr 30, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Paul Raymer's blog post was featured

What does it take to be a certified Home Energy Professional Quality Control Inspector (HEP QCI)?

A quality control program requires knowing a lot about a lot of different subjects.  A HEP (BPI…See More
14 hours ago
Bryan Pringle replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Can you tell me more about how the plastic makes the moisture worse?   I understand that in…"
16 hours ago
Profile IconMatthew Cooke, yasmine smith, myacand heat and 2 more joined Home Energy Pros
17 hours ago
Bryan Pringle replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"I like cellulose because of its air leakage reduction property and the ease of making a quality…"
17 hours ago
"This example is the reverse of my suggestion.  I would do high end vapor barrier against…"
17 hours ago
Al Heath replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Really?  Go back and read these posts again.... "play ground for mold."  I…"
17 hours ago
Mary Desilva posted blog posts
17 hours ago
Kim Tanner posted a video

Single Family Residential Air Leakage Testing

This session will cover the basics of air leakage testing on a single family home as well as issues that affect the accuracy and repeatability of the test. T...
18 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service