General Forum (761)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What is the state of California's plan to have houses at ZNE by 2020?

Could someone in the know please clarify the State's (law or regs) position on a requirement for houses to be Zero Net Energy by 2020? I se…

Started by George M. Matthews

2 Mar 15, 2012
Reply by Hal Skinner

BPI Introduces Four New Home Energy Professional Certifications!

Registration Now Open for Pilot Exams to be Offered in June 2012 In June BPI will introduce four new certifications to the nation's weathe…

Started by Cierra Mooney

0 Mar 13, 2012

32,000 active BPI certifications = how many real jobs?

32,000 is a lot of certifications. HOW MANY REAL JOBS WERE ADDED? Training for a new and exciting career in Energy Efficiency might not be…

Started by randy tolowski

3 Mar 12, 2012
Reply by jerry gentile

Empirical evidence that missing refrigerant suction line insulation decreases efficiency therefore increasing energy costs.

Does anyone have any access to actual dollar figures for the cost of missing/ torn/ broken refrigerant suction line insulation?   For the…

Started by Michael Matthews

4 Mar 9, 2012
Reply by Michael Matthews

Cree CR6 inserts

Hi, After installing a Cree CR6 insert, does the canister still needs to be boxed out to keep insulation from covering the fixture? Thanks…

Started by Paul Lasicki

5 Mar 1, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

Soffit Overhang Spray Foam

I have proposed spray foam for my clients soffits after showing him the blue region with my infrared camera.  The client wants additional r…

Started by Matthew Stewart

11 Feb 29, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

What problems has HEP helped you solve?

We've posted a survey to gather feedback from HEP members as input to a paper we're writing.  Just over half of the respondents so far have…

Started by Evan Mills

0 Feb 28, 2012

Equipment Reviews: Blower Doors and IR Cameras

We are relatively new to this Residential Home Assessment industry and while we have all the needed certifications, we still need to buy eq…

Started by Caroline Hawkins

14 Feb 28, 2012
Reply by Joel Greenberg

DOE Home Energy SCORE

Does anyone have any information about the SCORE program?  It was scheduled to start in summer 2011.  Part of V.P. Biden's "Recovery throug…

Started by John Webb

83 Feb 26, 2012
Reply by Gary Baggett

Energy Modeling Software - what works??

I first learned in my BPI class of 2008 was that we would not be using or taught to use any energy modeling software.  The story was that t…

Started by Al Heath

48 Feb 23, 2012
Reply by Jim Baerg

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Profile IconWes Anderson, Jean-Paul and Bryan joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Dennis Heidner commented on Dale Stephens's blog post LED Lighting 24-month update 18,240 hours & counting
"Dale, good write up. For the landscaping bulbs,  if they had been T3 12V wedge bulbs,  I…"
Friday
Brett Little commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

The Future of Housing - And How Airtightness Can Help

"It's very true! So many people and contractors have tons of insulated attics but no air seal…"
Thursday
Chris Leach replied to Richard Beyer's discussion "The Dangers of Using Spray Foam Insulation"
"The problems will surface soon enough . Why don't we take a second look at this over rated…"
Thursday
Don Fitchett commented on Tom White's video
Thursday
tedkidd replied to Bob Blanchette's discussion How does Cycles Per Hour affect real world AFUE?
"Want to spot a simpleton? It's a guy who thinks EE and comfort are disconnected.  Want…"
Thursday
tedkidd commented on Tom White's blog post Clean Energy Works Oregon: Total Home Performance
"Nice post Tom! I really like how he puts that. Leveraging interests so they can optimize…"
Thursday
Kent Mitchell commented on Tom White's blog post Clean Energy Works Oregon: Total Home Performance
"As a contractor in the region - we frequently wonder how/why you can be a non-profit?  Oregon…"
Thursday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service