General Forum (919)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Home performance pro Corbett Lunsford underlines the importance of home performance testing in the aftermath of Indiana home explosion.

"The real tragedy is that if this was a faulty furnace it could have been prevented. Cleaning and servicing your furnace is not a bad idea,…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Nov 16, 2012

Doggy Doors...What to do?

I did an audit yesterday and found out that a single doggy door was responsible for 1,300 CFM50 of air leakage (in an already-leaky house..…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

14 Nov 16, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

thinking in 3 dimensions

I had a Eureka moment about 10 years ago. Folks like us who look at buildings tend to simplify them and miss too much.  Not only are buildi…

Started by Pat Dundon

3 Nov 13, 2012
Reply by Pat Dundon

What Air Conditioning unit should you choose?

If you have a false ceiling you can use Ceiling mounted cassette system. If you have hard ceiling but still want a unit on the ceiling you…

Started by Caan Soloman

0 Nov 12, 2012

Dense pack cellulose in enclosed rim joist

Hey all, We recently hired a new tech that has previously done a bunch of Home Performance work on the East coast and he has turned me on…

Started by Tom Walther

24 Nov 9, 2012
Reply by Tom Walther

Over 150 Programs Nationwide Specify BPI Credentials for Quality Assurance

Malta, NY, November 7, 2012 - Demand for BPI's core certifications continues to grow as 150+ government, utility and manufacturer energy ef…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Nov 7, 2012

Winter condensation on windows in a house that is very well insulated.

This is my first post and I hope I have the formate correct, I live and build in central Pennsylvania. I built a house in 2004 using what I…

Started by Eric M. Fletcher

53 Nov 5, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

Victims of Hurricane Sandy in CT- Free Energy Assessments

Although we would like to reach out to the entire Northeast area of those affected by Hurricane Sandy, it is simply too big of a geographic…

Started by Gary Baggett

0 Nov 4, 2012

In Sandy's Wake, Lend a Hand

It is our greatest hope that you and your families have come away unscathed by Hurricane Sandy, but the reality is that millions of people…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Nov 2, 2012

Questioning W.C.C.

We've been discussing this around the Saturn water cooler for a while now and figured an article was in order. Sound off and let us know wh…

Started by Darrel Tenter

4 Oct 26, 2012
Reply by Darrel Tenter

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

R Higgins replied to Energy Wise Solutions's discussion No Utility Homes, Are we ready to start building Homes that are not connected to traditional utilities ?
"First off, check the laws in your area.  Drought prone areas often prohibit on site collection…"
3 hours ago
R Higgins commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

Building Science Insights -- To Vent or Not to Vent

"Great lecture, kept thinking, but what about existing buildings.  Too little room at eaves for…"
3 hours ago
Luis Imery added a discussion to the group Job Board
Thumbnail

Hiring: Construction Manager with High Performance Custom Home Experience

POSITION DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Construction ManagerDepartment: Construction –…See More
23 hours ago
Profile IconLuis Imery and Quinn Korzeniecki joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Job Board

This group is for posting jobs related to all aspects of the home performance industry including…See More
23 hours ago
Colin Genge posted an event

Retrotec is attending the NEBB Testing and Balancing (Tab) Certified Professional Review Seminar in Chicago, IL at Hilton Chicago O’Hare Airport

June 6, 2016 at 8am to June 8, 2016 at 5pm
Building owners and tenants are concerned that the environmental performance of buildings must be…See More
yesterday
Colin Genge updated an event
Thumbnail

Retrotec is exhibiting at the NFPA Conference & Expo-Booth 1355 at Mandalay Bay Convention Center

June 13, 2016 at 8am to June 16, 2016 at 5pm
NFPA's Conference & Expo is widely regarded as the most comprehensive industry event for…See More
yesterday
Tom White posted a video

Hayward Healthy Home Principles and Products

Bill Hayward discusses the principles that were used to build the first Hayward Healthy Home and how the products were evaluated for toxicity before they wer...
yesterday
Tom White's video was featured

Building Science Insights -- To Vent or Not to Vent

Building Science Presentation with Dr. Joseph Lstiburek.
yesterday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service