General Forum (754)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

CEM Preparation course

The Illinois Green Economy Network (IGEN) is offering a number of FREE courses check out their website. Funded by Utility Companies

Started by randy tolowski

1 Mar 29, 2012
Reply by Jim Peck

#BestBuy selling kilowatt hours in Chicago

Is this a good thing or not?  http://bit.ly/GRHBNt

Started by Melissa Baldridge

1 Mar 26, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Free 2012 Green Technology Summit April 26-27

In 2008 California introduced the nation's first green building code, known as CALGreen. Published initially as a voluntary code, i…

Started by Ronald L. Stevens

0 Mar 23, 2012

Proper posting of commercial information

The original HEP Guidelines stated that the community is not to be used for promotional purposes. This was a natural way to begin, but as t…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

2 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

Free online training from EERE

I had forgotten about this site. Before you take a course in EE set up an account at https://trainingportal.ee.doe.gov/nwtp they have very…

Started by randy tolowski

4 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

To test or not to test that is the question.

To test, or not to test, that is the question: Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Protocols, Or…

Started by Glen Gallo

4 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Thomas Price

BPI Announces Year of Strong Growth in 2011 End of Year Report

BPI’s 2011 End of Year Report is out! Find charts on certification growth, expansion of our test center and proctor network, and other deta…

Started by Cierra Mooney

0 Mar 22, 2012

SF Bay Area Networking

Hi Guys:   I'm working more recently independently and know of a few groups in SF Bay Area that are looking for home energy audit / efficie…

Started by Jason Coolman

4 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Tom White

Will Materials Be Tied To Permits?

I'd like to begin by saying that I feel like I've found a niche of the construction industry that I'm excited about. I've worked for over t…

Started by Matt Bolado

4 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Glen Gallo

Please take a quick survey: How do YOU use Home Energy Pros?

We're preparing a presentation about Home Energy Pros for the ACEEE Summer Study and want to hear from you about how you use Home Energy Pr…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

16 Mar 21, 2012
Reply by Evan Mills

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bob Blanchette replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?
"The landlords don't want the improvements done even if they don't have to pay for it?…"
13 hours ago
Hal Skinner posted a discussion
13 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?
"Hi Bob, The tenants all say they cant do anything to the building.  We would get referred…"
14 hours ago
Tom White commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

The Future of Housing - And How Airtightness Can Help

"Ben's Kickstarter documentary, The Future of Housing, was fully funded. The grand premiere…"
23 hours ago
Tom White's video was featured

Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action

TED Talks Simon Sinek has a simple but powerful model for inspirational leadership all starting with a golden circle and the question "Why?"
23 hours ago
peter chang's discussion was featured

Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?

Ok, just want to throw this out there. I live in the high desert, 6800' or so. My house is pretty…See More
23 hours ago
Tom White posted a video

Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action | Video on TED.com

TED Talks Simon Sinek has a simple but powerful model for inspirational leadership all starting with a golden circle and the question "Why?" His examples include Apple, Martin Luther King, and the Wright brothers ... (Filmed at TEDxPugetSound.)
23 hours ago
Michael Dunseith posted a photo
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service