General Forum (743)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What happened to Home Energy Pro's website?

I assume it is because Windows no longer supports the old version of Internet Explorer that we use here at work, and to possibly work on mo…

Started by James White

11 Aug 28
Reply by Walter Ahlgrim

Earn BPI CEUs at 3rd Annual Building Performance Forum

If you're searching for BPI CEUs, you'll find plenty at the 3rd Annual Building Performance Forum in Charlotte, North Carolina on October 7…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Aug 26

Sprinkler Mandate Debated.. What do you think should be done?

Sprinkler Mandate Debated An article in the San Francisco Chronicle ("Sprinkler mandate debated," by Matthew Hamilton, 8/4/14) outlines a c…

Started by Richard Beyer

13 Aug 24
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

Disguising Ductless Heat Pump Units

Hi all, I am looking for strategies others have seen or used to disguise the interior units of ductless heat pumps or AC units from being t…

Started by Andy Gostisha

11 Aug 22
Reply by Hal Skinner

Which reading is more reliable on a Minneapolis Duct Blaster?

I have recently switched to using a Minneapolis Duct Blaster and have noticed that switching the rings has been resulting in varying result…

Started by Stephen Standley

19 Aug 22
Reply by Paul Morin

Database of zip code or county by climate zone

HI.  I'm looking for a database that could help me assess the average energy use of a home (per square foot, probably), separated by climat…

Started by Scott Katznelson

4 Aug 21
Reply by Scott Katznelson

Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

I just searched this forum for "Whole House Fan", but I didn't find much about them (except this and this). I'm curious to hear what experi…

Started by Tom Conlon

73 Aug 14
Reply by Kurt Shafer

Spontaneous Combustion and Flash Fire regarding Spray Foam Insulation

Spontaneous Combustion and Flash Fire regarding Spray Foam Insulation / OSHA funded paper / page 39 https://www.osha.gov/dte/grant_material

Started by Richard Beyer

10 Aug 13
Reply by Richard Beyer

UV lights on filters

I recently saw UV bulb installations in 2 HVAC systems in a home. Each system had the Lennox Healthy Climate filter box that has 2 UV-A bul…

Started by Howard Katzman

12 Aug 11
Reply by Richard Beyer

3D Printable Disposable Homes.... Could this be the future in America too?

Blog after blog people are scrambling for answers about energy efficiency, how to build a stronger - lighter - greener home. What do you th…

Started by Richard Beyer

0 Aug 10

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Matthew Lutz commented on Kaplan Clean Tech's blog post The Difference Between Home Inspection and Energy Auditing [Infographic]
"I would have to agree with Steve on this.  I am a Certified Energy Manager and have performed…"
4 hours ago
Matthew Lutz joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Hall of Shame

In this group, members share an array of images from the field, showing the kinds of issues…See More
4 hours ago
Matthew Lutz replied to Kari Sauder's discussion Easy Water Heater Venting in the group Hall of Shame
"I have been in the HVAC trade since 1986. I have recently completed a Home or Real Estate…"
4 hours ago
Susan E. Buchan posted an event

EEBA Houses That Work at Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park

November 3, 2014 from 8am to 4:30pm
Registration: 8:00 amSession: 8:30 am to 4:30 pmWorkshop Covers:Introduction to EEBA and its…See More
8 hours ago
Susan E. Buchan posted a status
"EEBA has scholarships to our Houses That Work Sessionsfor Vets! Contact info@eeba.org for more info"
9 hours ago
EnergyLogic Academy posted events
10 hours ago
Andrew Peel posted an event

Using PHPP in Building Design and Certification at Queen's Quay

November 24, 2014 at 9am to November 25, 2014 at 5pm
In this two-day course, participants will learn how to use the PHPP for residential building design…See More
10 hours ago
Graham Irwin replied to George Kopf's discussion How does efficiency factor into a grid parity world?
"John, Interesting though, if you read this NREL article…"
11 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service