General Forum (818)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

CO poisoning in Yarmouth Maine

A news headline caught my attention, "Man hospitalized for signs of carbon monoxide poisoning at Yarmouth home".  Not all of the details, b…

Started by Bud Poll

8 Feb 19
Reply by Stan Kuhn

Giving credit when disagreeing

It seems simple, if you quote someone you should give them credit and note the source.  But should you provide credit when you are assignin…

Started by Bud Poll

0 Feb 19

For Sale: Bacharach Combustion Gas Analyzer, Minneapolis Blower Door, Bacharach Gas Leak Detector

All the equipment is basically brand new, never been used.  I bought the equipment less then 2 years ago.  I'm BPI certifie…

Started by mark richichi

0 Feb 17

Have Gas Meter fees/deliver charges got out of hand?

Last month my meter/delivery charges were MORE than the cost of fuel. I expect this in in the summer, but now it's happening in winter also.

Started by Bob Blanchette

12 Feb 8
Reply by Kurt Albershardt

RESNET Forms SDC 200 – Education and Training

Congratulations to those selected for the committee! Check it out: http://conta.cc/1D5mlQz

Started by Everblue Training

0 Feb 6

Educating New York Licensed Real Estate Agents About Home Energy Score

New York-licensed real estate agents can attain free Continuing Education by taking InterNACHI's free, online "Home Energy Score Course."…

Started by Benjamin Gromicko

1 Feb 6
Reply by Everblue Training

Flickering LED lights

I was at a home last week where the customer showed me what happens when her she turns on her 4" LED lights. These were bulbs that were ins…

Started by Jamie Kaye

22 Feb 5
Reply by nakeme

One Knob and the Pain That Inspired It

Tom White asked me to post this up, it's a distillation of 6 articles on our blog that Stephen Lacey of GreenTech Media did about the On…

Started by Nate Adams

3 Feb 5
Reply by tedkidd

Needed: Gas Detector and CO Detector. What do you recommend?

Hi All   I never planned or wanted to do the BPI Combustion testing but now have too.    What products do you recommend? I obviously want t…

Started by Matthew P

6 Jan 29
Reply by Windzer Pierre-Louis

Mold on exterior walls

I have been doing a good deal of research into the topic of mold that has grown on exterior walls (and appears to be spreading).   I have h…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

11 Jan 27
Reply by David Snell

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Rick Karg replied to Carly@AirCycler's discussion The (Small) Cost of Ventilation Without Recovery
"As a member of the ASHRAE 62.2 committee (and president of Residential Energy Dynamics, the author…"
yesterday
Bradford E. White replied to Elizabeth Guinn's discussion ERV in need of backflow preventer.
"I would use an in-line backdraft damper such as Artis Industries or the ones made by Fantech and…"
yesterday
Kim Tanner posted a video

Wireless Air Leakage Testing

This webinar will discuss the use of WiFi technology to conduct and document blower door and duct leakage tests for compliance with local energy codes. The s...
yesterday
Profile IconPerry Grossman, Daniel Pate and Ottawa Furnace Filters joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Kirsten Richnavsky added a discussion to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
Thumbnail

Breaking the link between unhealthy homes and unhealthy kids

Listen in on IAQ Radio to a discussion on reducing the household triggers that cause asthmaattacks…See More
yesterday
Kirsten Richnavsky posted a discussion

Breaking the link between unhealthy homes and unhealthy kids

Listen in on IAQ Radio to a discussion on reducing the household triggers that cause asthmaattacks…See More
yesterday
Kim Tanner posted events
yesterday
Ottawa Furnace Filters posted a blog post

Some Useful Information about Furnace Air Filters

There is not much we can do about the air pollution outside of a house in Ottawa, Canada, but we…See More
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service