General Forum (718)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Energy Center and WBA team up to offer WI B4 conference in March 2015

For more than a decade, the Energy Center of Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Builders Association have designed and delivered premier conferenc…

Started by Energy Center University

0 Jun 26

Concrete floor insulation details

Greetings everyone!     I was hoping I could get some feedback with a building I am working on. The existing concrete was a 3 inch "homeow…

Started by Luis Hernandez

2 Jun 24
Reply by Hal Skinner

On the Question of Airtightness and Energy Performance

It is my understanding that you need an airtight envelope (let's say less than or equal to 0.6 ACH) along with super insulation (whatever R…

Started by Kaushal Bharath Raju

28 Jun 20
Reply by Brennan Less

Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

I cannot find any conversion table that translates the BTU/hr heat loss in a Manual J report to the amount of fuel required to heat the bui…

Started by Dan Wise

13 Jun 19
Reply by eric anderson

Supply ventilation via inline fan and return duct

I am looking for a mechanical ventilation solution that is a step above the single supply or exhaust fan which is set to the required 62.2…

Started by Craig Bird

6 Jun 13
Reply by Air Track Inc

Successful Window Companies in EE

Hello everyone!  I'm looking for a window company, preferably in the SE, that has been really successful in the EE market. One of our partn…

Started by Daniel Tait

3 Jun 13
Reply by Tom Delconte

Where did you buy your LED lights?

I'm shopping around for LED lights and want to know about your experience if you bought LED lights before. Where did you buy them and why?…

Started by King Rosales

19 Jun 13
Reply by Thorfiredirect

DOE feedback on rooftop units

Our energy efficient coating has been applied to rooftop AC units for around 30 years.  I see those units by the hundreds everywhere as I a…

Started by Hal Skinner

0 Jun 11

What would be your preference?

Suppose a customer calls you about a split heat pump system which is leaking condensate from a hole in the evaporator pan during the summer…

Started by Tom Delconte

7 Jun 7
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

For decades tankless water heaters haven't been worth the effort to install due to our artificially low cost of natural gas in the USA and…

Started by Bob Blanchette

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Steven Lewis replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"It looks better on paper than in real life applications.  Both Amana and Lennox came out with…"
15 hours ago
Dennis Heidner replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"Rinnai has application note on how to use their tankless hot water heater with a Rinnai water to…"
yesterday
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"I found the buildingscience article interesting.  Interesting that they noted the wet bottom…"
yesterday
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"With conduction that ends at the bottom of the joists and convection that is naturally suppressed…"
yesterday
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Good morning Bud, Took a quick look at the site and a couple others listed on the Yahoo…"
yesterday
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Hi Hal, Search "Basecalc basement heat loss".  From memory Canada (nrcan) has/had a…"
yesterday
Michael Dunseith posted photos
Saturday
"II just remembered seeing a report by a federal adency, many years ago, that basically said …"
Saturday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service