General Forum (763)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Placement of 5/8" firewall, over or under foam board insulation?

I'm adding onto my personal residence and since the house is within five feet of the property line, I'm being required to install 5/8" dryw…

Started by Tony Rigdon

16 Oct 2
Reply by Hal Skinner

BPI to Co-Host First Ever Home Performance Pavilion at 2014 Remodeling Show & DeckExpo

Register Today for a Free Two-Day Exhibit Hall Admission and 20% Discount on All-Access Conference Pass BPI Booth #4129 Join BPI at the Rem…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Oct 2

Looking for home improvement companies to join our dealer network!

My name is Casey Gesell and I'm the Business Development Manager at Dr. Energy Saver, Inc. Dr. Energy Saver is the nation’s largest and fas…

Started by Casey Gesell

0 Oct 1

EEBA 2014 Conference Presentations

EEBA has posted many of the presentations from their conference in St. Louis last week. Check them out here: http://www.eeba.org/conference

Started by Diane Chojnowski

0 Oct 1

Air duct testing questions.

Many towns are now adopting the 2012 code about duct testing.  This is a great thing. However I have been looking around for answers to que…

Started by Robert Cameron

1 Sep 30
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

An example of what an RCC can do with no R- insulation in the walls.

I have had a handful of folks on this forum tell me, in effect,  that an RCC can do a very good job of insulating a wall with no R-rated in…

Started by Hal Skinner

17 Sep 29
Reply by Hal Skinner

And the powers that be push back

These are some disturbing articles I read this week: http://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/as-hawaii-demands-utility-reform-thousands

Started by George Kopf

0 Sep 25

BPI and Porch.com Announce Collaborative Partnership

Today the Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) and Porch.com announced a new partnership that will provide BPI GoldStar Contractors a…

Started by Mike Kandel

1 Sep 25
Reply by Robert Cameron

Join BPI at the 2014 Remodeling Show & DeckExpo

BPI is honored to be co-hosting the first ever Home Performance Pavilion on the exhibit floor of 2014 Remodeling Show and DeckExpo in Balti…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Sep 23

Building Performance Forum Q&A with Larry Zarker

If you haven't signed up for the 3rd Annual Building Performance Forum, what are you waiting for!? It's just around the corner, and the c…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Sep 23

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Mike Kandel added a discussion to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
Thumbnail

BPI's Home Energy Auditing Standard Published as ANSI Standard

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is proud to announce that BPI-1100-T-2014: Home…See More
4 hours ago
Mike Kandel posted a discussion

BPI's Home Energy Auditing Standard Published as ANSI Standard

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is proud to announce that BPI-1100-T-2014: Home…See More
4 hours ago
Hal Skinner posted a discussion
5 hours ago
Todd St.Clair joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
7 hours ago
Todd St.Clair replied to Jim Falakos's discussion Treat Software in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"How long ago did you buy this, if it was good for 5 months? And how much would you take for this."
7 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Bud Poll's discussion Basing air exchange on house volume??
"Hi Sean, yes I am struggling with this and that is why I opened the discussion, so a definite…"
9 hours ago
Lynda Wright is now a member of Home Energy Pros
10 hours ago
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Bud Poll's discussion Basing air exchange on house volume??
"Sorry Bud but I think you need to clarify your issues with using volumes to calculate ACH As for…"
21 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service