General Forum (755)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Building Performance Forum Q&A with Larry Zarker

If you haven't signed up for the 3rd Annual Building Performance Forum, what are you waiting for!? It's just around the corner, and the c…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Sep 23

Extremely long wait for hot water

Hello Home Energy Pros, I have a customer I am advising who complains of extremely long wait times for hot water.  He has a rather large ho…

Started by George Kopf

4 Sep 18
Reply by Steven Lewis

Plenum Pressure Match

I'm seeking an explanation on how to do a plenum pressure match using the Retrotec Duct Blaster. The user manual isn't very clear on contro…

Started by Matt Bolado

0 Sep 18

air infiltration total

I remember during training a description of the total amount of air leakage in a home is equaled to a 2 ft by 2ft hole in your wall year ro…

Started by Kevin Jordan

2 Sep 16
Reply by Kevin Jordan

3 PG&E Execs fired - 1 Chief of Staff at the CPUC Resigns

In case you missed this article, I highly recommend you read it.   Is the relationship between PG&E and the CPUC too cozy?  I will leav…

Started by George Kopf

0 Sep 16

Does anyone have pointers on approaching real estate industry?

Hello All!! I am figuring on approaching the real estate and low income housing industries here in Phenix City, Alabama, Columbus, Georgia…

Started by Kevin Jordan

11 Sep 12
Reply by Kevin Jordan

Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?

I'm a science writer, as opposed to an energy professional, and I joined this group to try to keep tabs on the reality of energy efficiency…

Started by richard gaughan

10 Sep 11
Reply by richard gaughan

Has Lead Based Paint ever stopped you on an energy upgrade?

In the process of determining all the different things that a home energy rater suggests to a homeowner, if an LBP issue arises, is this a…

Started by Hal Skinner

2 Sep 10
Reply by Hal Skinner

4,000 home energy pros build a community of practice

Congratulations to all active members of Home Energy Pros on recently passing the 4,000 membership mark! You've helped to build a community…

Started by Tom White

1 Sep 10
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

'See through' Radiant Barrier window attachment?

Liteline companies ‘In’Flector’ I was introduced to this product around a month ago, however, it apperently has been around many years.  I…

Started by Hal Skinner

15 Sep 9
Reply by Hal Skinner

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bob Blanchette posted a discussion

Dual Fuel Systems, at what point do they make sense?

Heat Pump with furnace backup. These make no sense in our area with local NG rates, but they do…See More
10 hours ago
Bob Blanchette joined Hal Skinner's group
Thumbnail

The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)

A group where energy professionals can learn about all the different energy saving aspects of…See More
10 hours ago
Shashank Kirloskar posted a blog post

Important Facts about Solar Energy

“I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait…See More
yesterday
reflintorm replied to Dennis McCarthy's discussion Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .
"In my observation, In most of the lightning appliances led bulbs are used because of their…"
yesterday
Chad Mcaulife posted photos
Wednesday
Bob Blanchette commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Calculation
"Infiltration makes a HUGE difference. Look at the heat loads on a windy day vs. a calm one. On a…"
Wednesday
Bob Blanchette commented on Everblue's blog post Poor HVAC Installation Leads to Increased Energy Use
"That explains a LOT of why HVAC system continue to be sized by the same "rule of thumb"…"
Wednesday
Profile IconChristian Asdal and Shashank Kirloskar joined Home Energy Pros
Wednesday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service