General Forum (872)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Solar hot water exterior pipes insulation

Hello everyone,     I was wondering if anyone has experience with insulating exterior pipes for maximum efficiency. Since there are some s…

Started by Luis Hernandez

1 Aug 15
Reply by Stephen Wierzbicki

Hot roof insulation opinion for North eastern area

Greetings everyone,     I has been a while and here I am again ready to pick your brains again. The more I read about the convenience of h…

Started by Luis Hernandez

3 Aug 13
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Ventilating Attics- Rafter Vents

There is a thorough literature on ventilating soffit vents correctly. In CA, many attic vents around the building perimeter are more vertic…

Started by Blake Shurtz

5 Aug 12
Reply by David Eakin

Duct blaster with asbestos?

I'd like to know if BPI has banned the use of the duct blaster in the presence of asbestos ductwork. Is this the case? If there is any docu…

Started by Blake Shurtz

7 Aug 7
Reply by Glen Gallo

Green Mortgage Appraisal Roundtable

For an overview of the March 11, 2014, roundtable at the White House Conference Center, take a look at my blog.  http://adomatis.wordpress.…

Started by Sandra K. Adomatis, SRA

9 Aug 6
Reply by Jan Green

Natural Insulation Poll

Natural Insulation Poll: Would you use it if it costs the same and has same R Value INSULATION POLL

Started by scottscontracting

2 Aug 3
Reply by scottscontracting

Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

I would like to know if you have experienced cost saving by switching to tankless? If you have a whole house or just one faucet? What brand…

Started by Damien Greenfield

84 Aug 1
Reply by tedkidd

PHIUS+2015 Climate-Specific Passive Building Standard

From Home Energy's July/August issue, written by Mike Knezovich, Director of Communications for PHIUS: In March, Passive House Institute US…

Started by Jim Gunshinan

6 Jul 30
Reply by terry nordbye

Hello everyone. I am new in the business , can you folks please tell me what software I can get to help with REM RATE calculations and what…

Started by Benny hani

5 Jul 27
Reply by Benny hani

Role of Quoting Software in New Age Business

Quoting Software  has unique significance in current business age and it is an unavoidable entity. It is an effective method which offers…

Started by Richardson Fred

0 Jul 26

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Profile IconDenise Cooper, Maren Cooke, Steven Antonini and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
Crosbey Archery joined Allison A. Bailes III's group

HVAC design, Manuals J, S, T, & D, Duct leakage, Air flow, ENERGY STAR new home requirements,…See More
Crosbey Archery commented on Ottawa Furnace Filters's blog post Some Useful Information about Furnace Air Filters
"This post is really helpful especially to those homeowners who are still confused on what to…"
Diane Chojnowski posted videos
Diane Chojnowski posted a discussion

Incentives & financing options for home energy upgrades has a useful database of incentives and financing options for home energy efficiency…See More
George Kopf commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post My Fall Into The Smart Home, Lazy Life
"Matt, Another way of looking at this is that by freeing up my time/brain power, I can give more…"
Chris Laumer-Giddens's blog post was featured

Sparky Doubled the Air Leakage in this Home!

Sparky Doubled the Air Leakage in this HomeThis is the home.This is the hole that Sparky…See More
Chris Laumer-Giddens posted a blog post

Sparky Doubled the Air Leakage in this Home!

Sparky Doubled the Air Leakage in this HomeThis is the home.This is the hole that Sparky…See More

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service