General Forum (961)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Real World Ceiling Fan CFM

Has anybody done testing on delivered CFM of ceiling fans? Energy star has a test room where the blades are 40 5/8" from the ceiling, but t…

Started by Bob Blanchette

3 Jul 3
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Five Retrotec Products Added to BPI Product List

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) has recognized five new products in its Product Listing Program that meet or exceed industry…

Started by Quinn Korzeniecki

0 Jul 1

Small video we created to promote Home Performance

I thought this would be a good way to introduce ourselves to this group.  https://www.facebook.com/RUPCOGJGNY/posts/874612379327361?pnref=s

Started by Michael D'Arcy

7 Jun 30
Reply by tedkidd

BPI Phrase of the Month: Building Envelope

What is a home's building envelope? Is the attic part of it? Does the entire area consist of conditioned space? Learn more about one of the…

1 Jun 28
Reply by Tom White

Follow conference action on Twitter

There's a lot going on this week in the home performance world. Follow conference action on twitter: ASHRAE 2016: #ASHRAEStLouis 2016 Habi…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

0 Jun 28

Apartment tax credit qualifying?

We are having a hard time getting apartments to qualify for the federal tax credit.  It seems that it requires so much more efforts over a…

Started by Kent Mitchell

3 Jun 13
Reply by John Nicholas

BPI's John Jones Discusses Ways to Save on Cooling Costs in Kiplinger Article

BPI's national technical director, John Jones, discusses ways to help homeowners lower their cooling bills, including caring for air condit…

0 Jun 8

Inventions that save energy, licensing to a US manufacturer?

We have an invention, patent and prototype and want to find someone to test and license it to a US manufacturer. It would cost effectively…

Started by Craig McManus

4 Jun 2
Reply by Colin Genge

Airsealing an old basement ceiling

Greetings everyone,     I have a weird question... On a non conditioned basement, many times I find tongue in groove pine strips on ceilin…

Started by Luis Hernandez

16 May 26
Reply by Ed Minch

Any feedback on Advanced Energy Panels (window insulation panels)?

Hi - Has anyone heard or or used Advanced Energy Panels (http://www.advancedenergypanels.com)?  I wanted to see what others thought of this…

Started by Kari Riedel

35 May 19
Reply by Bryan Gabriel

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Kelly replied to Colin Genge's discussion What is the value of using a pressure pan to test outlets?
"Hi Colin, I like using the pressure pans at outlets to guide my inspections once I'm in the…"
5 hours ago
Leo Klisch commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Natural Gas is Becoming Less Attractive
"It seems a bit wasteful to use NG for such a low temperature application as space heat. If a heat…"
6 hours ago
HomeWiz posted photos
6 hours ago
Kobus Niemand commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post A Healthy Home and a Healthy Bottom Line
"Thanks for the download! Great paper,  Homes receiving EE can experience increases in radon…"
7 hours ago
Jan Green replied to Rob Madden's discussion DOE Home Energy Score
"Agreed Sandy on all counts!   HES and HERS will be confusing to everyone that doesn't…"
8 hours ago
Steven Lefler replied to David Eakin's discussion A Growing American Problem In Search Of Valid Answers
"Modular Lifestyles has developed proven Net Zero factory built as a modular or his HUD code…"
8 hours ago
Joshua Fletcher posted a blog post

Are low-E glass windows good to install on desert homes?

Energy Efficient Windows That Lower Energy BillsThe technology used in windows continues to deliver…See More
8 hours ago
tedkidd commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Natural Gas is Becoming Less Attractive
"We are taking people off of natural gas. It is making sense financially, and has unpriced health,…"
9 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service