General Forum (664)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Did you know that changes have been made to BPI's BA certification upgrade criteria?

In response to industry feedback regarding our Building Analyst (BA) certification upgrade announcement of last November, BPI is adapting c…

Started by Mike Kandel

7 Feb 7
Reply by Mike Kandel

Google Nest Acquisition- Where the Home Energy Market is Going

The financial news has talked about the recent 3.2 billion acquisition of  Nest, so what does that mean to the home energy market? I believ…

Started by Jose Macho

16 Feb 7
Reply by Tom Delconte

Home Performance U.S. Tour: PROOF IS POSSIBLE

Hey home performance heroes: Great news: Dow Building Solutions is sponsoring the kickoff of my Proof Is Possible U.S. Tour.  Each stop is…

Started by Corbett Lunsford

2 Feb 7
Reply by Blaine W Fox

Efficiency First Chapter - ideas

Arizona is starting an Efficiency First Chapter to have a unified voice for the local home performance market. I'd like to see what other H…

Started by David Byrnes

0 Feb 7

LED use in the summer

As  the use of LED lighting becomes typical or commonplace there are a few benefits that apply to their use during the hot summer months; B…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

3 Feb 5
Reply by Eric Wu

LEDs Magazine's comparision of some A-19 LED choices

There are occasions to point out a good cache of knowledge - or information - this relates to the task of buying LED lights for your home o…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

19 Feb 5
Reply by Eric Wu

Hiring BPI-Certified Energy Auditors

Thorpe Services is looking to hire a BPI-certified Energy Auditor and Auditor Supervisors in IN, OH, KY, NC, and SC. Look for more details…

Started by Everblue

0 Feb 5

Calculating BTU lost per cfm leaks

Hi everyone,     A couple of my colleagues were discussing the benefits of air sealing, when I was asked if I could quantify the actual va…

Started by Luis Hernandez

23 Feb 1
Reply by Dmitri A Martin

Energy Savings that Are Hot Air!

Energy Savings that Are Hot Air! : why doesn't this surprise me? The brits are able to do the real calculations, but we aren't. This articl…

Started by Tom Delconte

13 Jan 27
Reply by Tom Mallard

Remote temperature sensor for wired thermostat

This is a tricky one to google because "remote" is overshadowed by remote control apps for things like Nest thermostats. My problem is this…

Started by Tom S

5 Jan 23
Reply by dale conner

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Christopher Morin's blog post was featured

5 Things New Energy Efficiency HVAC Contractors Need to Know

1. Do not sell on Price! Use 'Simple Payback'The price of High-efficient equipment will undoubtedly…See More
13 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan's blog post was featured
13 hours ago
Profile IconDan Liska and Rob Moreno joined Home Energy Pros
13 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan posted a blog post
16 hours ago
Kim Tanner commented on Diane Chojnowski's group Home Energy Pros on Twitter
"Follow The Energy Conservatory on Twitter! We'll follow…"
19 hours ago
Kim Tanner joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Home Energy Pros on Twitter

We've created a twitter list of members of Home Energy Pros who tweet!See More
19 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hi Kaushal, First step is to understand where you are in terms of energy costs.  If current…"
22 hours ago
Kaushal Bharath Raju posted a discussion

Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

We have a small 1940s single level house (1005sqf) in Berkeley, California that is in need of a…See More
yesterday
Christopher Morin posted a blog post

5 Things New Energy Efficiency HVAC Contractors Need to Know

1. Do not sell on Price! Use 'Simple Payback'The price of High-efficient equipment will undoubtedly…See More
yesterday
David Eggleton commented on David Eggleton's group Considering Permaculture &/or Transition
"In August 2014, in Minnesota, there's another unprecedented opportunity to meet and mix with a…"
yesterday
Glen Gallo commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post Energy Upgrade California—Up Close and Personal
"Nate, RE: Duct test On my own home and a rental I have tested more than once over the last many…"
yesterday
Profile Iconangela hines and Charles Goldman joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service