General Forum (728)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Empirical evidence that missing refrigerant suction line insulation decreases efficiency therefore increasing energy costs.

Does anyone have any access to actual dollar figures for the cost of missing/ torn/ broken refrigerant suction line insulation?   For the…

Started by Michael Matthews

4 Mar 9, 2012
Reply by Michael Matthews

Cree CR6 inserts

Hi, After installing a Cree CR6 insert, does the canister still needs to be boxed out to keep insulation from covering the fixture? Thanks…

Started by Paul Lasicki

5 Mar 1, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

Soffit Overhang Spray Foam

I have proposed spray foam for my clients soffits after showing him the blue region with my infrared camera.  The client wants additional r…

Started by Matthew Stewart

11 Feb 29, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

What problems has HEP helped you solve?

We've posted a survey to gather feedback from HEP members as input to a paper we're writing.  Just over half of the respondents so far have…

Started by Evan Mills

0 Feb 28, 2012

Equipment Reviews: Blower Doors and IR Cameras

We are relatively new to this Residential Home Assessment industry and while we have all the needed certifications, we still need to buy eq…

Started by Caroline Hawkins

14 Feb 28, 2012
Reply by Joel Greenberg

DOE Home Energy SCORE

Does anyone have any information about the SCORE program?  It was scheduled to start in summer 2011.  Part of V.P. Biden's "Recovery throug…

Started by John Webb

83 Feb 26, 2012
Reply by Gary Baggett

Energy Modeling Software - what works??

I first learned in my BPI class of 2008 was that we would not be using or taught to use any energy modeling software.  The story was that t…

Started by Al Heath

48 Feb 23, 2012
Reply by Jim Baerg

Vent Cap Systems for Duct Testing

Has anyone had any experience using the Vent Cap Systems product for duct pressure testing vs. conventional perforated register tape? Thank…

Started by Stefan Peter-Contesse

13 Feb 23, 2012
Reply by Corey Breed

Google +

Is anyone using Google +? Join my Google + circle. https://plus.google.com/107173402267783257363/posts Post your Google + page and I will c…

Started by Rob Novak

1 Feb 22, 2012
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

Heat Recovery Ventilator - Iced Up

Greetings.  This is my first post/question - many more to follow, I'm sure.  I live in a rental house that has radiant floor heat and a hea…

Started by Sue Davis

13 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Casey Gesell posted a video

Home Comfort Pays for Itself | Ideas Worth Sharing

http://www.myhomescience.com There are 88 million homes in the U.S. and Canada alone that burn twice as much fuel for heating and electricity for cooling tha...
1 hour ago
Profile IconRob Madden, Solar Home Broker, Alicia Hobbs, Rachel Scott and 2 more joined Home Energy Pros
2 hours ago
Don Fitchett posted a video

HVAC AC Compressors Training

This HVAC training sample is from the HVAC section of the Online Industrial Training Video Library (http://bin95.com/Industrial-Training-Videos/HVAC-Training...
2 hours ago
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Robert Cameron's discussion Air duct testing questions.
"#1 - outside "conditioned" space & really should not be allowed #2 - up to the AHJ if…"
4 hours ago
Susan E. Buchan posted a status
"EEBA's Conference in St. Louis last week was a great success! Presentations at http://www.eeba.org/conference/2014-presentations."
19 hours ago
Jan Green replied to George Kopf's discussion Real Estate Professionals need our support - but how?
"It helps for companies to understand what the public wants and to educate them so that realtors are…"
19 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion An example of what an RCC can do with no R- insulation in the walls.
"Hi Bret and thans for the offer.   I sent you a friend request so I can send you a…"
19 hours ago
Kevin Jordan shared George Kopf's discussion on Facebook
19 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service