General Forum (714)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Will it ever be against the law to install a window that reflects sunlight?

Woman Claims Neighbor’s Energy Efficient Windows Are Melting Her Toyota Prius http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/01/25/woman-claims-neigh

Started by Chris Heenan

3 Jan 27, 2012
Reply by David Meiland

CAZ make-up air options

I've encountered an install of 6" duct directly connected to the outside through the rim joist and covered by a simple mess screen on the e…

Started by Jerry Huelsenbeck

5 Jan 27, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Small Water Heater leak, exploring replacement options.

Noticed a pool of water in my water heater "safety spill pan", it's 12 yrs old so I figure I'm due for a new one. Not leaking real bad righ…

Started by Bob Blanchette

3 Jan 26, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Has anyone been working with Hancock software for auditing?

I just got off the phone with a rep from Hancock, and I'm thinking about purchasing their software for running audits. I'm curious if anyon…

Started by Gary Baggett

2 Jan 26, 2012
Reply by Randy Swartz

The BER is Offering a HERS rater training in conjunction with NEHERS Alliance

The BER is presenting a HERS rater training March 5 - 10 in Springfield, MA. See link below for more details or to sign up.  http://www.ene

Started by Jason Belmont

0 Jan 26, 2012

Nashville Weatherization Program Fraud?

Hi Everyone,   Just caught this from one of my RSS feeds.  Not sure how old the story is: http://www.thermalimagingscan.com/energy-audit-we

Started by Matt Schwoegler

18 Jan 26, 2012
Reply by Dale Sherman

So have you experienced the New TEC Trainer?

Just curious if any trainers/students have experienced the new TEC Trainer form The Energy Conservatory.  If so, we'd loved to hear feedbac…

Started by Tracy & Matt

0 Jan 26, 2012

New house with way too much condensation build up!

ok, my fellow energy geeks, i need some help here. i just visited a house built just last year. it has condensation and frost on every sing…

Started by Chad Smith

5 Jan 26, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

ERV in humid climate zone (CZ-2A)

What do you think about putting an Whisper-Green FV-04VE1exhaust-only ERV in CZ-2A (Houston, or Austin?). Concerns about long-term efficacy…

Started by Kristof Irwin

1 Jan 23, 2012
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

Smart Meters

There doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion in forums such as this one about Smart Meter technology and where the industry is at this poin…

Started by Eric Sperline

12 Jan 22, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Christopher Talarico posted a discussion

Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace

Hi,I've looked around online and haven't found a lot of good information on home heating with…See More
9 hours ago
Profile IconSara Sabol, Christopher Talarico and Aaren Stewart joined Home Energy Pros
12 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Andy Gostisha's discussion Disguising Ductless Heat Pump Units
"Hi Andy. The bare metal units on a roof stick out like a sore thumb .  Coating them with our…"
12 hours ago
Paul Morin replied to Stephen Standley's discussion Which reading is more reliable on a Minneapolis Duct Blaster?
"Sorry for chiming in so late.  Sean’s comment early on in the discussion was the closest…"
15 hours ago
jerry gentile posted a status
"hello- anyone challenge the written QCI exam?"
18 hours ago
Kevin Jordan posted photos
23 hours ago
Susan E. Buchan's event was featured

EEBA Excellence in Building Conference at Doubletree Union Station Hotel

September 23, 2014 at 8am to September 25, 2014 at 2pm
yesterday
Susan E. Buchan posted an event

EEBA Excellence in Building Conference at Doubletree Union Station Hotel

September 23, 2014 at 8am to September 25, 2014 at 2pm
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service