General Forum (744)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

CEM Preparation course

The Illinois Green Economy Network (IGEN) is offering a number of FREE courses check out their website. Funded by Utility Companies

Started by randy tolowski

1 Mar 29, 2012
Reply by Jim Peck

#BestBuy selling kilowatt hours in Chicago

Is this a good thing or not?  http://bit.ly/GRHBNt

Started by Melissa Baldridge

1 Mar 26, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Free 2012 Green Technology Summit April 26-27

In 2008 California introduced the nation's first green building code, known as CALGreen. Published initially as a voluntary code, i…

Started by Ronald L. Stevens

0 Mar 23, 2012

Proper posting of commercial information

The original HEP Guidelines stated that the community is not to be used for promotional purposes. This was a natural way to begin, but as t…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

2 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

Free online training from EERE

I had forgotten about this site. Before you take a course in EE set up an account at https://trainingportal.ee.doe.gov/nwtp they have very…

Started by randy tolowski

4 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

To test or not to test that is the question.

To test, or not to test, that is the question: Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Protocols, Or…

Started by Glen Gallo

4 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Thomas Price

BPI Announces Year of Strong Growth in 2011 End of Year Report

BPI’s 2011 End of Year Report is out! Find charts on certification growth, expansion of our test center and proctor network, and other deta…

Started by Cierra Mooney

0 Mar 22, 2012

SF Bay Area Networking

Hi Guys:   I'm working more recently independently and know of a few groups in SF Bay Area that are looking for home energy audit / efficie…

Started by Jason Coolman

4 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Tom White

Will Materials Be Tied To Permits?

I'd like to begin by saying that I feel like I've found a niche of the construction industry that I'm excited about. I've worked for over t…

Started by Matt Bolado

4 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Glen Gallo

Please take a quick survey: How do YOU use Home Energy Pros?

We're preparing a presentation about Home Energy Pros for the ACEEE Summer Study and want to hear from you about how you use Home Energy Pr…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

16 Mar 21, 2012
Reply by Evan Mills

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Benjamin Gromicko posted events
25 minutes ago
Nate Adams joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Hall of Shame

In this group, members share an array of images from the field, showing the kinds of issues…See More
1 hour ago
tedkidd commented on Diane Chojnowski's group Hall of Shame
"Give this thread a bump - here's my "bad" album and some of the…"
1 hour ago
Eric Kjelshus commented on Adam Swain's blog post Top Worst Crawl Space Insulation Ideas
"6) Radiant barrier- under the gravel is just a barrier but with holes each square inch its not a…"
1 hour ago
tedkidd replied to Luis Hernandez's discussion Distribution Efficiency and heating safety factor in TREAT in the group TREAT Software
"It is very common to find equipment grossly oversized. I mean 1.5 - 2x Manual J and 2-3x the size…"
1 hour ago
tedkidd replied to Luis Hernandez's discussion Basic Heat loss information in the group TREAT Software
"Luis,  Click "selected reports, energy savings and use, design heating and cooling…"
1 hour ago
Ed Minch replied to Kurt Shafer's discussion Where can I find the best radiant barrier to install under my roof?
"The important thing here is the surface temperature of the ceiling against the attic as compared to…"
2 hours ago
Profile IconSharon DeRidder, Jason Hiep, Chris Chmiel and 4 more joined Home Energy Pros
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service