General Forum (700)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Strategies for insulating on top of & around heat sources in attics (such as recessed light fixtures).

I have been going by the rules of the program admins in my region when it comes to how to treat heat sources in attics when preparing to in…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

5 Jan 19, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

HOT Summers = Big profits!

Do any of you live in parts of the country where the summesr get hot? If you do, then you might want to check out this timely and proven pr…

Started by Alan Floyd

2 Jan 19, 2012
Reply by Alan Floyd

New digital meters... were the old ones S L O W ?

The local electric co-op has now installed new digital meters for 100% of members, and some folks are being surprised by higher-than-normal…

Started by David Meiland

2 Jan 19, 2012
Reply by David Meiland

Dense pack wall insulation in old Victorians and stucco homes

Here's a question for you in two parts: We do a lot of dense pack wall insulation in these old Victorian homes (most are 70+ years old, som…

Started by George Kopf

0 Jan 19, 2012

CFL Torchiere Lamps: What's out there on the market?

Does anybody know of an adjustable CFL torchiere lamp with a dimmer switch (a built-in rheostat)? From what I can find on the net, all the …

Started by Dennis Cheslik

2 Jan 19, 2012
Reply by Barbara Smith

Pool Pumps

If the customer has a controller with thier pool equipment, aqualink, jandy, compool most of the better controllers have freeze protection…

Started by mitchell smith

0 Jan 18, 2012

Ceiling Register Upgrades

If you have the typical builder grade ceiling/sidewall registers, replacing those with commercial models will make a huge improvement. Comf…

Started by Bob Blanchette

2 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Is partnership a bad word?

Hello all. I've been reading many of the posts made over the past month or so, and I see a trend. Times are getting tougher for auditors,…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

7 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by phil jeffers

US vs EU

Five years ago, I moved back to the US after spending eleven years in Europe as a craftsman.  My plan in moving back was to build my own ho…

Started by Thomas Price

20 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by Thomas Price

Manual J Report

I have designed a 4920 sf house in Dallas with a sealed crawl space. The crawl space walls are concrete and a have 2x10 floor joist system…

Started by Armando Cobo

29 Jan 14, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Kurt Shafer replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Glen,  You are the first person who has ever told me they prefer lower CFM. What you left out…"
1 hour ago
Glen Gallo replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Tamarack has lower CFM than typical fans and has a insulated lid that automatically closes when fan…"
1 hour ago
Tom Conlon's discussion was featured

Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

I just searched this forum for "Whole House Fan", but I didn't find much about them (except …See More
2 hours ago
Tom White shared Brandon Walton's blog post on Twitter
2 hours ago
Brandon Walton's blog post was featured

12 Things Every Home Performance Contractor Should Have on Their Work Truck

Every home is unique and differs from the last. It would be a perfect world (from a project…See More
2 hours ago
Griffin Hagle replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
4 hours ago
Griffin Hagle replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Kurt, Whoops, looks like I got my links mixed up. Thanks for pointing that out. Here's the…"
4 hours ago
Kurt Shafer replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Glen,  I went to Homepower.com and did a search for whole house fan. Could not find that…"
4 hours ago
Glen Gallo replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"I no longer have my subscription to the Home Power Magazine but these figures were pulled from the…"
4 hours ago
"Glen,  I read your blog with some interest.  You say  " Per the Home…"
5 hours ago
tedkidd commented on Scott Mellberg's blog post Lessons from Energy Efficiency Advisors: Getting Homeowners Onboard with Home Performance
"OMG, you are one of those myopic thinkers are you? Others do it better therefore drastic action is…"
5 hours ago
"I do not like them and I am in Southern California. I think the whole house fan in prescriptive…"
5 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service