General Forum (720)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Vent Cap Systems for Duct Testing

Has anyone had any experience using the Vent Cap Systems product for duct pressure testing vs. conventional perforated register tape? Thank…

Started by Stefan Peter-Contesse

13 Feb 23, 2012
Reply by Corey Breed

Google +

Is anyone using Google +? Join my Google + circle. https://plus.google.com/107173402267783257363/posts Post your Google + page and I will c…

Started by Rob Novak

1 Feb 22, 2012
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

Heat Recovery Ventilator - Iced Up

Greetings.  This is my first post/question - many more to follow, I'm sure.  I live in a rental house that has radiant floor heat and a hea…

Started by Sue Davis

13 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

Thermostat Wars

Honeywell strikes back at the Nest,and alleges patent infringement on seven counts.  http://slate.me/ywdfSW

Started by Melissa Baldridge

1 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Learning Thermostat

Just installed my first Nest learning thermostat.  Really easy and affordable.  Check it out and let me know what you think: http://www.nes

Started by Classic Residential, Inc.

33 Feb 17, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

Crawlspace (and Spray Foam) from Hell

People always say that Hell is “below”, I just never realized it was right below the floorboards.  We all know how many holes can be drille…

Started by Evan Mills

9 Feb 16, 2012
Reply by Dmitri A Martin

Fix this leakage?

What sort of leakage reduction could I expect if I try to plug all these tiny gaps? This is a typical cathedral ceiling around these parts…

Started by David Meiland

2 Feb 16, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

ACI has extended Early Bird pricing!

Deadline Extended! ACI has extended Early Bird pricing for an additional 48 hours for the National Home Performance Conference, March 26-30…

Started by Cierra Mooney

0 Feb 14, 2012

Spray Foam Liability

According to the EPA, exposures to spray foam's key ingredient, isocyanates, and other SPF chemicals in vapors, aerosols, and dust during a…

Started by Dmitri A Martin

10 Feb 14, 2012
Reply by Bruce Navin

Is LEED Lip Stick on a Pig?

http://bit.ly/yA52MU Is LEED lip stick on a pig?   I like the concept of LEED however the acronym is probably in need of adjustment that w…

Started by Glen Gallo

6 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by William H Nickerson

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Kurt, check your emails.  Sent you a friend request you need to confirm then I can send you a…"
3 hours ago
Kevin Jordan replied to Kevin Jordan's discussion Does anyone have pointers on approaching real estate induatry.
"thank you sir!! If you have any other tips Id appreciate. I am new in this industry and I go and…"
3 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Kurt Shafer's discussion Where can I find the best radiant barrier to install under my roof?
"Hi Kurt, You mentioned "On a RESNET discussion some insulation experts agreed that insulation…"
4 hours ago
Kurt Shafer commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Wow, I am very sad to hear about your eyes.  Would have been super to do that comparison. Good…"
5 hours ago
Hal Skinner commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"My dads house has an attached garage.  It was converted to living space around 20 years…"
5 hours ago
Kurt Shafer commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Hal, do I see a terrific chance for you to show us all the power of your RCC? Your father's…"
6 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Kevin Jordan's discussion Does anyone have pointers on approaching real estate induatry.
"Kevin, Several years ago I worked closely with a general contractor and a real estate…"
6 hours ago
"That same RCC, used as paint on the ceiling of living space, will do the same as if it was applied…"
6 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service