General Forum (715)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Crawlspace (and Spray Foam) from Hell

People always say that Hell is “below”, I just never realized it was right below the floorboards.  We all know how many holes can be drille…

Started by Evan Mills

9 Feb 16, 2012
Reply by Dmitri A Martin

Fix this leakage?

What sort of leakage reduction could I expect if I try to plug all these tiny gaps? This is a typical cathedral ceiling around these parts…

Started by David Meiland

2 Feb 16, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

ACI has extended Early Bird pricing!

Deadline Extended! ACI has extended Early Bird pricing for an additional 48 hours for the National Home Performance Conference, March 26-30…

Started by Cierra Mooney

0 Feb 14, 2012

Spray Foam Liability

According to the EPA, exposures to spray foam's key ingredient, isocyanates, and other SPF chemicals in vapors, aerosols, and dust during a…

Started by Dmitri A Martin

10 Feb 14, 2012
Reply by Bruce Navin

Is LEED Lip Stick on a Pig?

http://bit.ly/yA52MU Is LEED lip stick on a pig?   I like the concept of LEED however the acronym is probably in need of adjustment that w…

Started by Glen Gallo

6 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by William H Nickerson

ACI is the "Can't Miss" Event of the Year...Agree or Disagree?

As many people here know, the annual ACI conference can be a life-changing--and business changing--event. It is the best darned home energy…

Started by Mike Rogers

1 Feb 7, 2012
Reply by David Eggleton

The end of profits for Auditors/raters

90% of all my new energy audit customers now expect reduced or 'free' service. BPI has sites listing participating contractors who offer fr…

Started by allen p tanner

100 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

Help Me Program Open Source Energy Software

Austin, TX will be hosting a 48 hr "Code-a-thon"April 14-15, 2012.  The goal is to jumpstart development for non-profits.   I have started…

Started by Joel Greenberg

1 Feb 2, 2012
Reply by Evan Mills

Capping/air sealing, insulating dropped ceilings

Here in the desert southwest, most of our ducts are in attic spaces. A large majority of those are rigid in dropped ceilings that are open…

Started by Craig Bird

4 Jan 31, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

Duct Testing

When using the Duct Blaster I have found it necessary to seal the combustion air grilles on the furnace door and flue on an 80% afue gas fu…

Started by Damien Herold

2 Jan 28, 2012
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bud Poll replied to richard gaughan's discussion Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?
"Hi Richard, Being a science writer and this being rental units, here is a moral dilemma you…"
1 hour ago
richard gaughan posted a discussion

Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?

I'm a science writer, as opposed to an energy professional, and I joined this group to try to keep…See More
5 hours ago
Christopher Talarico posted a discussion

Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace

Hi,I've looked around online and haven't found a lot of good information on home heating with…See More
15 hours ago
Profile IconSara Sabol, Christopher Talarico and Aaren Stewart joined Home Energy Pros
18 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Andy Gostisha's discussion Disguising Ductless Heat Pump Units
"Hi Andy. The bare metal units on a roof stick out like a sore thumb .  Coating them with our…"
18 hours ago
Paul Morin replied to Stephen Standley's discussion Which reading is more reliable on a Minneapolis Duct Blaster?
"Sorry for chiming in so late.  Sean’s comment early on in the discussion was the closest…"
21 hours ago
jerry gentile posted a status
"hello- anyone challenge the written QCI exam?"
yesterday
Kevin Jordan posted photos
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service