General Forum (700)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The BER is Offering a HERS rater training in conjunction with NEHERS Alliance

The BER is presenting a HERS rater training March 5 - 10 in Springfield, MA. See link below for more details or to sign up.  http://www.ene

Started by Jason Belmont

0 Jan 26, 2012

Nashville Weatherization Program Fraud?

Hi Everyone,   Just caught this from one of my RSS feeds.  Not sure how old the story is: http://www.thermalimagingscan.com/energy-audit-we

Started by Matt Schwoegler

18 Jan 26, 2012
Reply by Dale Sherman

So have you experienced the New TEC Trainer?

Just curious if any trainers/students have experienced the new TEC Trainer form The Energy Conservatory.  If so, we'd loved to hear feedbac…

Started by Tracy & Matt

0 Jan 26, 2012

New house with way too much condensation build up!

ok, my fellow energy geeks, i need some help here. i just visited a house built just last year. it has condensation and frost on every sing…

Started by Chad Smith

5 Jan 26, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

ERV in humid climate zone (CZ-2A)

What do you think about putting an Whisper-Green FV-04VE1exhaust-only ERV in CZ-2A (Houston, or Austin?). Concerns about long-term efficacy…

Started by Kristof Irwin

1 Jan 23, 2012
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

Smart Meters

There doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion in forums such as this one about Smart Meter technology and where the industry is at this poin…

Started by Eric Sperline

12 Jan 22, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Out of Square Door, How to Fix ?

Is there a relatively simple way to resolve doors that have leaks due to the door frame being slightly out of square/ The door opens/shuts…

Started by Bob Blanchette

7 Jan 20, 2012
Reply by Jeff Warner

Problem Room on North Side of House

I have a north facing bedroom on the "hit list" with 3 exterior walls and a cathedral ceiling. The room also has 30 or so sq ft of North gl…

12 Jan 20, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

The Coming Energy Implosion

I got this idea from my good friend Mike Nelson, the Obi-Wan Kenobi of solar in Washington state, who predicts that new technologies and be…

Started by James White

17 Jan 20, 2012
Reply by James White

Controlling heat gain/loss Through Windows

How effective are things like window tinting and thermal curtains? Gimmick or worth the money?

3 Jan 20, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

reflintorm replied to Jamie Kaye's discussion Flickering LED lights
"I think, Better to replace the dimmer switch if it is not recovered then once go through the…"
29 minutes ago
Kurt Shafer replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Glen,  You are the first person who has ever told me they prefer lower CFM. What you left out…"
10 hours ago
Glen Gallo replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Tamarack has lower CFM than typical fans and has a insulated lid that automatically closes when fan…"
11 hours ago
Tom Conlon's discussion was featured

Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

I just searched this forum for "Whole House Fan", but I didn't find much about them (except …See More
12 hours ago
Tom White shared Brandon Walton's blog post on Twitter
12 hours ago
Brandon Walton's blog post was featured

12 Things Every Home Performance Contractor Should Have on Their Work Truck

Every home is unique and differs from the last. It would be a perfect world (from a project…See More
12 hours ago
Griffin Hagle replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
13 hours ago
Griffin Hagle replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Kurt, Whoops, looks like I got my links mixed up. Thanks for pointing that out. Here's the…"
14 hours ago
Kurt Shafer replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Glen,  I went to Homepower.com and did a search for whole house fan. Could not find that…"
14 hours ago
Glen Gallo replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"I no longer have my subscription to the Home Power Magazine but these figures were pulled from the…"
14 hours ago
"Glen,  I read your blog with some interest.  You say  " Per the Home…"
15 hours ago
tedkidd commented on Scott Mellberg's blog post Lessons from Energy Efficiency Advisors: Getting Homeowners Onboard with Home Performance
"OMG, you are one of those myopic thinkers are you? Others do it better therefore drastic action is…"
15 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service