General Forum (744)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Leakage to outside on ducts fully within the envelope

I am just wondering if a lot of people are feeling the way I do on the subject of testing Duct Leakage To Outside on duct systems that are…

Started by Jack Baikoff

10 May 3, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

BPI Works with RSES to Expand Accreditation Options for the HVAC Contractor

BPI now accepts the Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES) certifications as prerequisite criteria for participation in our accredi…

Started by Cierra Mooney

0 May 1, 2012

Codes, codes & more codes

Come by to check out our latest newsletter featuring building code related stories.  If you're interested in receiving the newsletter on mo…

Started by Silvie Votrubova

0 Apr 30, 2012

R-19 Walls

Good afternoon, I am looking for cost effective insulating for a 1910 brick 2 story in Chicago. Demo starts today. Complete gut. 18" crawls…

Started by randy tolowski

1 Apr 30, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

Who Knew Hot Air Could be So Controversial?

Well, after all, it is hot air, so perhaps it deserves a lot of discussion.  I really didn't expect so many people to come to the defense o…

Started by Bud Poll

2 Apr 30, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

Hot water re-circ systems

For those of you who are conducting residential energy assessments; are you recommending "on demand"  hot water re-circ. systems?  I'm find…

Started by Eric Sperline

18 Apr 28, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

Handling An Interesting Crawl Space

I am convinced that a client of mine is the victim of a shoddy crawl space ceiling insulation job, and that he should have it done right. H…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

16 Apr 26, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

Building Sales with Certification: Part Two - Retrofit Installer Technician

Join Sustainable Ideas for the second in this four-part webinar series on the value that the Building Performance Institute's (BPI's) new H…

Started by Cierra Mooney

0 Apr 24, 2012

New BPI certifications re-visited

So what is final verdict on all this? I'm located in NY, my BA and Envelope is due this June. I need to get re-certified  and what to do w…

Started by Paul Lasicki

7 Apr 23, 2012
Reply by David Eggleton

Background checks

Would you hire someone to work in clients homes who have a criminal background? With the change in BPI criteria (no background check) This…

Started by randy tolowski

4 Apr 23, 2012
Reply by Leslie McDowell, BPI

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Profile IconMarc and Darren Clayton joined Home Energy Pros
43 minutes ago
Tom White posted a video
5 hours ago
Darren Clayton posted a status
"I like having a place where I can learn & refer the public to if I don't have the answer !"
6 hours ago
Tom DelConte replied to Kurt Shafer's discussion Where can I find the best radiant barrier to install under my roof?
"Google it"
7 hours ago
Benjamin Gromicko's 2 events were featured
8 hours ago
Energy Center University posted an event

Better Buildings: Better Business Conferences at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center and Kalahari Resort and Convention Center

February 26, 2015 to March 13, 2015
Better Buildings: Better Business ConferencesFebruary 26−27, 2015 │ Rosemont, ILMarch 11−13, 2015 │…See More
yesterday
Kris Grube added a discussion to the group Job Board
Thumbnail

Good Energy Retrofit, Portland, Or. Hiring Home Performance Salesperson.

Good Energy Retrofit is a small and focused, woman owned and operated, specialty residential…See More
yesterday
Benjamin Gromicko posted events
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service