General Forum (994)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What is wrong with the Residential Energy Efficiency industry (and how to fix it)

Howdy Home Energy Pros, Over the course of the last 5 years, I have seen a lot happen within the Residential Energy Efficiency industry. Wh…

Started by George Kopf

0 Sep 24, 2013

ASHRAE 62.2-2013 in an Easy-to-Use Method!

http://homeenergypros.lbl.gov/video/ashrae-62-2-2013-easy-peasy-ventilation-calculation-with-corbett Here you go, dudes: 7.5 cfm per person…

Started by Corbett Lunsford

3 Sep 23, 2013
Reply by Todd Hoener

Aeroseal duct Sealant

Does anyone have experience or an opinion on Aeroseal duct leakage sealing system?

Started by Ed Ballard

10 Sep 22, 2013
Reply by Luis Hernandez

What About DIY Geothermal Heat Exchangers for Heat Pumps?

Many of our pros here are also DIY experts. You may have done or plan to do some geothermal projects. Do you favor a contractor or you…

Started by Perry Ning

2 Sep 14, 2013
Reply by Perry Ning

Consumer Reports recommends BPI credentialed contractors!

In their latest issue, which hits newsstands this October, Consumer Reports unequivocally recommends BPI certified contractors as the profe…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Sep 10, 2013

Check it out! The video every HVAC contractor should see.

Here’s an inside look at incorporating home performance into your HVAC business from two of the industry's leading contractors. Learn how s…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Sep 3, 2013

Know Your House Facts

Faced with Home Manager retirement, what should a homeowner do? Know your House Facts.  By design, “Variable Air Volume” is the foundation…

Started by Gary LaForge

4 Sep 1, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

How Do We Make Energy Efficiency Sexy, or at Least Interesting?

I was reading my local newspaper and a photo showing a man and his electric bill caught my attention. His electric bill was more than $7,00…

Started by Jim Gunshinan

2 Aug 29, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

Congratulations to NYSERDA for completing 50,000 projects under Home Performance with ENERGY STAR!

After more than 12 years of hard work and dedication to the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program, NYSERDA is celebrating the completio…

Started by Mike Kandel

1 Aug 29, 2013
Reply by tedkidd

Are Energy Pros the OB-GYNs of the Real Estate Industry?

I was just looking over ACCA's new revised standard out for comment: Existing Homes Evaluation and Performance Improvement - ANSI/ACCA 12 Q…

Started by Tom Conlon

4 Aug 26, 2013
Reply by Tom Conlon

RSS

Forum Discussions

Investigating 3257KWH monthly usage issue.

Started by Brent Shapiro in General Forum. Last reply by Don Hynek 38 minutes ago. 10 Replies

What made this chimney fall down?

Started by Eric Kjelshus in General Forum. Last reply by Eric Kjelshus Jun 15. 5 Replies

Studies on Home Energy Audit Energy Savings Potential?

Started by Julie Saporito in General Forum. Last reply by Danielle Sass Byrnett Jun 15. 5 Replies

Latest Activity

Don Hynek replied to Brent Shapiro's discussion Investigating 3257KWH monthly usage issue.
"First of all (as has been noted) it's good you are getting an electrician in there. The…"
38 minutes ago
Margaret Okuzumi liked Home Energy Magazine's blog post The Results Are In: These Are The Most Energy-Efficient Utilities in the US
3 hours ago
Caleb Hill is now a member of Home Energy Pros
20 hours ago
Mike Pagozalski replied to Brent Shapiro's discussion Investigating 3257KWH monthly usage issue.
"I would strongly recommend having an actual licensed electrician come out evaluate the entire…"
yesterday

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service