General Forum (720)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Low-Rise Multifamily Infiltration Data

A couple of weeks ago at the ACI Conference I was afforded the opportunity to present at a Building America Expert Meeting for the discussi…

Started by Chase Counts

13 Apr 19, 2012
Reply by Ryan Moore

How to help new energy pros migrate into our new career as fresh students right out of class

Hello, My name is Ronald Stevens I'm a student enrolled in the BPI program at Consumnes River College in Sacramento California. I just pass…

Started by Ronald L. Stevens

13 Apr 18, 2012
Reply by Bill Bradbury

Blower door testing on multi bi-folds

Have anyone performed a blower door test on a new home that has a multi bi-fold door installed on an exterior wall? (As in NanaWall, Lanai…

Started by Armando Cobo

14 Apr 17, 2012
Reply by Armando Cobo

Smartgrids, Smartstats, and Variable Peak Pricing

We're on a project installing "smartstats" for customers. I'd like to get some feedback to what other Building Science guys thought about t…

Started by Bob Blanchette

1 Apr 8, 2012
Reply by Tom Delconte

'See through' Radiant Barrier window attachment?

Liteline companies ‘In’Flector’ I was introduced to this product around a month ago, however, it apperently has been around many years.  I…

Started by Hal Skinner

12 Apr 5, 2012
Reply by Hal Skinner

Applied Passive-solar Structural Design

Passive-solar has been known to work well but certain things about our architecture fail the thermodynamic efficiency test and there are re…

Started by Tom Mallard

48 Apr 2, 2012
Reply by Bill Bradbury

Follow the ACI National Home Performance Conference on Twitter at #ACI12

Looks like a lot of pros are at ACI National! Follow the ACI National Home Performance Conference on Twitter using #ACI12. Here's what they…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

9 Mar 30, 2012
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

CEM Preparation course

The Illinois Green Economy Network (IGEN) is offering a number of FREE courses check out their website. Funded by Utility Companies

Started by randy tolowski

1 Mar 29, 2012
Reply by Jim Peck

#BestBuy selling kilowatt hours in Chicago

Is this a good thing or not?  http://bit.ly/GRHBNt

Started by Melissa Baldridge

1 Mar 26, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Free 2012 Green Technology Summit April 26-27

In 2008 California introduced the nation's first green building code, known as CALGreen. Published initially as a voluntary code, i…

Started by Ronald L. Stevens

0 Mar 23, 2012

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"OK.  This might be rudamentary here.  I want to make sure everyone understands how SOLAR…"
20 minutes ago
Craig Bird commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Hal - I would disagree that radiant heat "goes through" fibrous insulation. Radiant heat…"
29 minutes ago
Hal Skinner commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Hi KLurt. I would isagree with the comment that the attic floor is heated by the…"
50 minutes ago
Craig Bird commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Now back to your question - the best data for radiant barriers is the DOE studies from the ORNL.…"
1 hour ago
Kevin Jordan posted a discussion

Does anyone have pointers on approaching real estate induatry.

Hello All!!I am figuring on approaching the real estate and low income housing industries here in…See More
1 hour ago
"Kurt - Radiant heat transfer does not heat the air. It is the passing heat directly from hot object…"
1 hour ago
Steven Turetsky replied to John Shillito's discussion Fixing a water heater?
"Hello John (and everyone else in the forum), I'm a new visitor at this forum and it this is my…"
1 hour ago
Kevin Jordan posted a status
"I have questions about approaching the real estate industry? I need help."
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service