General Forum (700)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Proper posting of commercial information

The original HEP Guidelines stated that the community is not to be used for promotional purposes. This was a natural way to begin, but as t…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

2 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

Free online training from EERE

I had forgotten about this site. Before you take a course in EE set up an account at https://trainingportal.ee.doe.gov/nwtp they have very…

Started by randy tolowski

4 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

To test or not to test that is the question.

To test, or not to test, that is the question: Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Protocols, Or…

Started by Glen Gallo

4 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Thomas Price

BPI Announces Year of Strong Growth in 2011 End of Year Report

BPI’s 2011 End of Year Report is out! Find charts on certification growth, expansion of our test center and proctor network, and other deta…

Started by Cierra Mooney

0 Mar 22, 2012

SF Bay Area Networking

Hi Guys:   I'm working more recently independently and know of a few groups in SF Bay Area that are looking for home energy audit / efficie…

Started by Jason Coolman

4 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Tom White

Will Materials Be Tied To Permits?

I'd like to begin by saying that I feel like I've found a niche of the construction industry that I'm excited about. I've worked for over t…

Started by Matt Bolado

4 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Glen Gallo

Please take a quick survey: How do YOU use Home Energy Pros?

We're preparing a presentation about Home Energy Pros for the ACEEE Summer Study and want to hear from you about how you use Home Energy Pr…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

16 Mar 21, 2012
Reply by Evan Mills

Looking for PHIL JEFFERS

It seems fishy that Phil Jeffers seems to have been erased from this site. For those of you who have been members for a while you will know…

Started by Ed Ballard

10 Mar 21, 2012
Reply by David Meiland

RESNET Energy Smart Home Performance Teams

Just read an article in IE3 magazine touting the benefits of RESNET Energy Smart Home Performance Teams. Does anyone have a firsthand accou…

Started by Adam Flowers

0 Mar 19, 2012

Local Utility Offering $50 Audits, Worth It?

Our local utility is offering a $350 energy audit' for $50. I've done some reading on here and already have fixed some issues with my 1600…

Started by Bob Blanchette

26 Mar 16, 2012
Reply by Dan Buell

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Kurt Shafer replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Glen,  You are the first person who has ever told me they prefer lower CFM. What you left out…"
5 hours ago
Glen Gallo replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Tamarack has lower CFM than typical fans and has a insulated lid that automatically closes when fan…"
5 hours ago
Tom Conlon's discussion was featured

Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

I just searched this forum for "Whole House Fan", but I didn't find much about them (except …See More
6 hours ago
Tom White shared Brandon Walton's blog post on Twitter
6 hours ago
Brandon Walton's blog post was featured

12 Things Every Home Performance Contractor Should Have on Their Work Truck

Every home is unique and differs from the last. It would be a perfect world (from a project…See More
6 hours ago
Griffin Hagle replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
8 hours ago
Griffin Hagle replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Kurt, Whoops, looks like I got my links mixed up. Thanks for pointing that out. Here's the…"
8 hours ago
Kurt Shafer replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Glen,  I went to Homepower.com and did a search for whole house fan. Could not find that…"
8 hours ago
Glen Gallo replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"I no longer have my subscription to the Home Power Magazine but these figures were pulled from the…"
8 hours ago
"Glen,  I read your blog with some interest.  You say  " Per the Home…"
9 hours ago
tedkidd commented on Scott Mellberg's blog post Lessons from Energy Efficiency Advisors: Getting Homeowners Onboard with Home Performance
"OMG, you are one of those myopic thinkers are you? Others do it better therefore drastic action is…"
9 hours ago
"I do not like them and I am in Southern California. I think the whole house fan in prescriptive…"
9 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service