General Forum (728)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pinterest for Energy Efficiency

I've been experimenting with Pinterest for a few weeks, and am increasingly falling in love with it. While many consider it to be primarily…

Started by Peter Troast

14 Jun 17, 2012
Reply by John Brooks

Insulating rooftop ducts with spray foam - retro - hot/dry climate

Here in Tucson, AZ we have a lot of ducts on the rooftop. This is because many older homes are flat roofs and only had swamp coolers when t…

Started by Craig Bird

15 Jun 15, 2012
Reply by Pat Dundon

Trick for those who have ever input the wrong range on their gauge - blower door tech

I switched the Range Ring, but forgot to change the Range setting on my gauge. I recorded the Flow and left the site – do I have to re-test…

Started by Silvie Votrubova

2 Jun 14, 2012
Reply by Silvie Votrubova

In Memoriam: Doris Iklé, Energy Efficiency Innovator and Entrepreneur

On June 1, energy efficiency advocates lost a visionary. Doris M. Iklé, a pioneer in home energy efficiency and one of the first members o…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

1 Jun 14, 2012
Reply by Jim Mikel

Support a Green Real Estate Company Doing Good Work

Hey energy-efficiency colleagues, Our affiliate real estate company, GreenSpot Real Estate, is qualifying for a small-business grant, and…

Started by Melissa Baldridge

1 Jun 13, 2012
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

2 inherent defects

honesty and integrity do not work in today's system

Started by randy tolowski

0 Jun 11, 2012

Got Whacked

They didn't like my comments FIRED 5 minutes ago. Do whats right or get last check for speaking out on poor installation, OUCH

4 Jun 11, 2012
Reply by randy tolowski

LBL map for determining "n" values

I am curious about the zone map developed by LBL that is used for calculating Building Tightness Limits (BTL)  The map is ubiquitous, but p…

Started by Jim Baerg

3 Jun 8, 2012
Reply by Max Sherman

Chicago misses opportunity to Air seal 2800 homes

Good morning I have recently started working on the Sound abatement project around O'hare airport. People who live in the flight paths of t…

3 Jun 8, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

n-ZEB in warm climate without heat recovery system?

I'm an Italian architect and I'm planning an experimental bioclimatic nZEB for Mediterranean climate with high thermal mass  and capacity i…

Started by Bart Conterio

0 Jun 3, 2012

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Susan E. Buchan posted a status
"EEBA's Conference in St. Louis last week was a great success! Presentations at http://www.eeba.org/conference/2014-presentations."
9 hours ago
Jan Green replied to George Kopf's discussion Real Estate Professionals need our support - but how?
"It helps for companies to understand what the public wants and to educate them so that realtors are…"
9 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion An example of what an RCC can do with no R- insulation in the walls.
"Hi Bret and thans for the offer.   I sent you a friend request so I can send you a…"
10 hours ago
Kevin Jordan shared George Kopf's discussion on Facebook
10 hours ago
Kevin Jordan replied to George Kopf's discussion Real Estate Professionals need our support - but how?
"so who funds the greening of the inventory? would this be company by company?"
10 hours ago
Don Fitchett commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post A Day in the Life of Learning
"This is a great addition to the July edition. Our PLC training uses the three areas too, but more…"
10 hours ago
Bret Curry replied to Hal Skinner's discussion An example of what an RCC can do with no R- insulation in the walls.
"Hal, Not sure if you serve the Little Rock market, or know of a company who does. If you know of…"
10 hours ago
Robert Cameron's discussion was featured

Air duct testing questions.

Many towns are now adopting the 2012 code about duct testing.  This is a great thing. However I…See More
11 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service