General Forum (856)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

ASHRAE 55 Tool

Sorry if we're late to the game on this, but UC Berkeley has a tool to calculate compliance with ASHRAE Standard 55-2010 Thermal Environmen…

Started by Green Iowa AmeriCorps

0 Jan 17, 2013

Federal Energy Tax Credit Paperwork?

I was pleased to learn that the Feds extended the energy tax credit for 2012 and 2013.  Now, I need a reminder on what I need to supply my…

Started by Kris Grube

4 Jan 13, 2013
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

BPI Issues Open Call for Volunteers to Serve on its Whole House HVAC Quality Maintenance Certification Scheme Committee

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) seeks volunteers to serve on a scheme committee for its Whole House HVAC Quality Maintenance…

Started by Mike Kandel

2 Jan 11, 2013
Reply by Mike Kandel

If You Knew Don...

Mike Rogers and I have secured pledges totaling over $4000 toward ACI's Memorial Scholarship Fund by completing feats of strength and going…

Started by Courtney Moriarta

0 Jan 11, 2013

Duct Testing High Velocity Systems

Dose anyone have experience testing high velocity duct systems? I've been asked to duct test a Zhender HRV with comfoducts (2" homerun duct…

Started by George J. Nesbitt

2 Jan 10, 2013
Reply by Paul Morin

Passive House Documentary Project

For those familiar with the Passivhaus Institut concepts for super-efficient building design, there is a kickstarter project to help finish…

Started by Powell Smith

3 Jan 9, 2013
Reply by Jack Hampton

Mold Growth & Draftiness Post Energy Improvements

Hello energy pros. I need your combined wisdom before I proceed to help a client of mine address what appears to be mold growth and drafti…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

15 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Robert D York Jr

BPI Launches Building Science Principles Certificate for Home Performance and Energy Upgrade Industry

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) launched its Building Science Principles (BSP) Certificate of Knowledge and companion Refere…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Jan 7, 2013

Are efficient LED bulbs worth the price?

Right now I can get a small supply of Philips L Prize 60w Led bulbs at an attractive price. Is it worth switching my home and business over…

Started by Tom DelConte

58 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Tom DelConte

Home Energy Magazine and BPI Launch HVAC-2-HP

Home Energy magazine (HEM) and the Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) are proud to announce the launch of HVAC-2-HP, a joint e-news…

Started by Mike Kandel

2 Dec 31, 2012
Reply by Allan Mullaly

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Robyn Smith replied to Chris Woods's discussion Looking to purchase Minneapolis Blower door system- Model 3 with DG-700 in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Hi Chris, I replied to you via email yesterday. I have what you are looking for!! Minneapolis…"
14 hours ago
Profile IconJohn Gillis, William C Gilbert, Brian Breckin and 4 more joined Home Energy Pros
16 hours ago
Paul Scheckel posted a blog post

Energy Ambassadors: Cuba and Vermont

Last winter i had the pleasure of hosting a Cuban colleague for a week in Vermont. We toured the…See More
18 hours ago
Linda Wigington commented on David Eggleton's group 1000 Home Challenge
"Two more projects have recently been approved as 1000 Home CHallenge candidates. We welcome Eric…"
Colin Genge posted events
Craig McManus replied to Timothy Renz's discussion Vinyl batt to metal frame ware house
"How can I air seal a metal building in the south to keep out humid air which is causing mold? Will…"
Tom White posted a video
Profile IconJeshurun and Chris Woods joined allen p tanner's group

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service