General Forum (998)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

We are past the point of who's fault is it....

A client had a new double wide set (27x56) in1997 a couple years later had an addition (27x20) to the west side with 27x20 attached garage…

Started by billy g pinnick jr

1 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Another Window Question

We all know windows are cold in winter and do a poor job of keeping the heat in.  Unfortunately, the calculations that show the potential s…

Started by Bud Poll

1 Jan 9, 2014
Reply by Bud Poll

BPI Establishes Partnership with BBB; Prepares for Consumer Focused Marketing Campaign

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is proud to announce it has been selected by the Council of Better Business Bureaus (CBBB) a…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Jan 9, 2014

Crawlspaces in Bay Area

Does anyone have any info/thoughts on the effectiveness of crawlspace vapor barriers over the soil in a vented crawlspace in the bay area,…

Started by Blake Shurtz

5 Jan 9, 2014
Reply by tedkidd

Selling your energy consumption back to the grid

Hi Everyone, I've been working on a product called Ohmconnect, which allows you to sell your electricity consumption back to the grid witho…

Started by Curtis Tongue

4 Jan 9, 2014
Reply by Dan Buell

Phased Deep Retrofit Project in Florida

Dear Pros, How much could be saved in retrofits that blanketed a large group of homes with simple measures collected detailed audit informa…

Started by Danny S. Parker

14 Jan 8, 2014
Reply by Curt Kinder

A new home energy calculator, please share your thoughts

We've recently launched a home energy calculator to help home owners and professionals alike estimate the heat energy gain and loss of home…

Started by HB

14 Jan 8, 2014
Reply by HB

bogus mail on Boilers?

I received this e mail today and i have an Oil Boiler in my home, so I was concerned about it.  New%20EPA%20Small%20Boiler%20Mandate%20%20J…

Started by Pat Dundon

1 Jan 5, 2014
Reply by Dennis Heidner

How accurate do you think some of the program and policy energy improvement pricing suggestions are?

Ever wonder why some customers think your prices are too high? Might it be because some of them heard prices that where way too low from ou…

Started by Mike Rogers

4 Jan 3, 2014
Reply by tedkidd

BPI CEO Joins 2013 HVACR Industry Newsmakers of the Year

BPI is proud to announce that CEO Larry Zarker has been chosen by ACHR the News as one of six HVACR Industry Newsmakers of 2013. The public…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Dec 31, 2013

RSS

Forum Discussions

When is it too windy to use blower door?

Started by Brandon Walton in General Forum. Last reply by Kent Browning 12 hours ago. 10 Replies

Electro Magnetic Fields (EMF)

Started by Barry L NewDelman in General Forum. Last reply by Arnie Katz yesterday. 2 Replies

Affordable Housing Funding

Started by SUZETT MOFFITT in General Forum. Last reply by Diane Chojnowski on Wednesday. 4 Replies

Latest Activity

Profile IconEmily Rhea, Spray-on Foam and Keith Flores joined Home Energy Pros
12 hours ago
Kent Browning replied to Brandon Walton's discussion When is it too windy to use blower door?
"I found this post thru a Google search. I was already a member and have posted a few times. I am a…"
12 hours ago
Home Energy Magazine's video was featured

2017 U.S. Department of Energy Race to Zero Student Design Competition

The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Race to Zero Student Design Competition (Race to Zero) inspires collegiate students to become the next generation of buil...
20 hours ago
Dave Ransom joined James Sayers's group
Thumbnail

Marketing Energy Efficiency

Sharing ideas, tools and examples of promoting energy efficiency to consumersSee More
yesterday

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service