General Forum (719)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

BPI's April Stump the Chump: What’s Wrong with this Picture?

We know, we know. There’s a lot right with this picture, such as the gorgeous view of Lake Tahoe in the background and the awesome powder f…

Started by Cierra Mooney

3 May 15, 2012
Reply by Cierra Mooney

Spray Foam and 2009 IRC codes? Your interpretation?

We are looking at spray foam and whether we will be able to use it without an ignition barrier in crawlspaces or attics. The initial opinio…

Started by Caleb Simon

8 May 14, 2012
Reply by Timothy Renz

Your thoughts on wiring fiberglass batts to the roof deck (hot dry climate)

I have seen many failed attempts at doing this method. I know it is not optimal, but many builders are still doing this as an upgrade to ce…

Started by Craig Bird

8 May 10, 2012
Reply by Craig Bird

Multi Family Auditing

I'm curious to hear from anyone with experience in Multi Family Auditing what your thoughts on the muti-point blower door test are, and if…

Started by Thomas Price

38 May 10, 2012
Reply by Tim Marlett

The Short-Circuit Theory, Keep or Remove Those Gable Vents?

When a ridge vent is added to a house that already has gable and soffit vents, you may hear advice that goes something like this. "You must…

Started by Bud Poll

21 May 8, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Leakage to outside on ducts fully within the envelope

I am just wondering if a lot of people are feeling the way I do on the subject of testing Duct Leakage To Outside on duct systems that are…

Started by Jack Baikoff

10 May 3, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

BPI Works with RSES to Expand Accreditation Options for the HVAC Contractor

BPI now accepts the Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES) certifications as prerequisite criteria for participation in our accredi…

Started by Cierra Mooney

0 May 1, 2012

Codes, codes & more codes

Come by to check out our latest newsletter featuring building code related stories.  If you're interested in receiving the newsletter on mo…

Started by Silvie Votrubova

0 Apr 30, 2012

R-19 Walls

Good afternoon, I am looking for cost effective insulating for a 1910 brick 2 story in Chicago. Demo starts today. Complete gut. 18" crawls…

Started by randy tolowski

1 Apr 30, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

Who Knew Hot Air Could be So Controversial?

Well, after all, it is hot air, so perhaps it deserves a lot of discussion.  I really didn't expect so many people to come to the defense o…

Started by Bud Poll

2 Apr 30, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Profile IconCraig Bird and Kurt Shafer joined Hal Skinner's group
Thumbnail

The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)

A group where energy professionals can learn about all the different energy saving aspects of…See More
2 minutes ago
Tom Mallard commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"To those with coatings as products, my reaction is that you need spectral analysis by wavelength to…"
20 minutes ago
Hal Skinner commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Hi Kurt.  I am in Modesto.  If you have the grey comp shingled on your roof (Roofing…"
1 hour ago
Kurt Shafer commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"All, I have been trying out a radiant barrier from atticfoil.com (not my co.)  I see that you…"
1 hour ago
Hal Skinner replied to Aaren Stewart's discussion HVAC - Cooling and Heating Load Reduction
"Hi Aaren. Check out the group below.  Some RCCs are very versatile and can be used on…"
1 hour ago
Hannah Finch posted a blog post

Not too Late to Join the RaterFest! Party THIS Weekend!

RaterFest! kicks off this Friday, September 5, at Covenant Heights in Estes Park, CO. We still have…See More
1 hour ago
Hal Skinner replied to Kurt Shafer's discussion Where can I find the best radiant barrier to install under my roof?
"Hi Kurt, You can find some information on Radiant Control Coatings in the group listed…"
1 hour ago
Profile IconPing Wang, Whitney Cooper and Mike Burton joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service