General Forum (919)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

R-values for Code Performance Path - Fiberglass

A Builder in Michigan was using Rescheck to demonstrate 2009 IECC energy code compliance as part of the permit application process.  I was…

Started by John Kuiper

4 Jul 11, 2013
Reply by Robert DV

BPI's Home Performance-Related Data Standards Published as BPI Standards

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is proud to announce that its BPI-2100-S-2013: Standard for Home Performance-Related Data Tr…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Jul 8, 2013

Changing 80 Percent Furnaces to 90+

Can someone weigh in on what's involved to change out an 80 percent furnace (or worse) to a 90 percent (or better)?  In terms of both work…

Started by Melissa Baldridge

17 Jul 4, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Temperature Control Problems with Vision Thermostats

Temperature Control Problems with Vision Thermostats . The smoking gun is found! Plain old temperature control beats crazy electronic heat…

Started by Tom DelConte

5 Jun 28, 2013
Reply by Tom DelConte

Electrical system data loggers

A few years ago I was shopping for some sort of data logging electrical system monitor and came across some really interesting solid state…

Started by peter chang

19 Jun 22, 2013
Reply by William H Nickerson

Looking for residential building and remodeling experts

Making sure you residential building and remodeling professionals out there are aware of the call for presenters for the Wisconsin Better B…

Started by Anna Svensson

0 Jun 18, 2013

June's Stump the Chump: What's Wrong with this Picture?

Come check out BPI's monthly newsletter, Performance Matters! The image below was taken by Matt Schwoegler, a thermographer and infrared in…

Started by Mike Kandel

7 Jun 15, 2013
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

How to Add a Passively Cooled Wine Cellar?

I am working with a client on a home addition, and one element of the design is a wine cellar. Here are some basic facts about the existing…

Started by Nick Helmholdt

11 Jun 9, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

INTERVIEW: C.R. Herro of Meritage Homes on the Building Performance Podcast

http://buildingperformancepodcast.com (or on iTunes) Today Corbett bounces off the walls with C.R. Herro of Meritage Homes as they discuss…

Started by Corbett Lunsford

0 Jun 7, 2013

5 Must-Haves for any Energy Audit Report

Alright, I think we've all seen enough confusing, unreadable reports (and written some).  Let's talk about the messaging more!  Here's my s…

Started by Corbett Lunsford

0 Jun 7, 2013

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Crosbey Archery liked Crosbey Archery's blog post How to improve the air quality in your home ?
yesterday
Crosbey Archery replied to Don Hynek's discussion Testing "Magic Pak" units?? in the group Multifamily Buildings
"second-floor (and higher) units without humping a ladder all the way around the building is a very…"
yesterday
Colin Genge posted events
yesterday
Profile IconJon Turnbaugh, Lights N More and John Kamas joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Amber Vignieri posted a blog post

Relay Network Targets Multifamily Housing Upgrades Nationwide

Affordable apartment buildings are home to more than 10 million American households, making them a…See More
yesterday
Tom White's video was featured

Robby Schwarz on Builder Collaboration

Hear Robby Schwarz, of EnergyLogic discuss the value Owens Corning brings to Thrive Home Builders.
yesterday
Crosbey Archery liked Don Hynek's discussion Testing "Magic Pak" units??
yesterday
Crosbey Archery joined Norm Bourassa's group
Thumbnail

Multifamily Buildings

For too long there has been relatively little EE focus on multifamily, but some new programs have…See More
yesterday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service