General Forum (730)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Foam over Batts -- Dry Climate??

So, I'm out of my weight on this one, and could use some advice...   Good friend of mine with a lot of construction experience is now in Re…

Started by Don Hynek

7 Jun 21, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

Application Deadline for Home Energy Professional Pilot Exams Extended!

BPI has extended its application deadline for candidates wishing to take BPI's pilot Home Energy Professional (HEP) certification exams. Al…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Jun 20, 2012

Type V Residential Fireblocks - One part FOAM

I am concerned that HandiFoam, and other Fireblocks rated to Type V Residential Fireblocks are being used as high temp silicone caulk. I sp…

Started by Tim Marlett

5 Jun 18, 2012
Reply by Tim Marlett

Pinterest for Energy Efficiency

I've been experimenting with Pinterest for a few weeks, and am increasingly falling in love with it. While many consider it to be primarily…

Started by Peter Troast

14 Jun 17, 2012
Reply by John Brooks

Insulating rooftop ducts with spray foam - retro - hot/dry climate

Here in Tucson, AZ we have a lot of ducts on the rooftop. This is because many older homes are flat roofs and only had swamp coolers when t…

Started by Craig Bird

15 Jun 15, 2012
Reply by Pat Dundon

Trick for those who have ever input the wrong range on their gauge - blower door tech

I switched the Range Ring, but forgot to change the Range setting on my gauge. I recorded the Flow and left the site – do I have to re-test…

Started by Silvie Votrubova

2 Jun 14, 2012
Reply by Silvie Votrubova

In Memoriam: Doris Iklé, Energy Efficiency Innovator and Entrepreneur

On June 1, energy efficiency advocates lost a visionary. Doris M. Iklé, a pioneer in home energy efficiency and one of the first members o…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

1 Jun 14, 2012
Reply by Jim Mikel

Support a Green Real Estate Company Doing Good Work

Hey energy-efficiency colleagues, Our affiliate real estate company, GreenSpot Real Estate, is qualifying for a small-business grant, and…

Started by Melissa Baldridge

1 Jun 13, 2012
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

2 inherent defects

honesty and integrity do not work in today's system

Started by randy tolowski

0 Jun 11, 2012

Got Whacked

They didn't like my comments FIRED 5 minutes ago. Do whats right or get last check for speaking out on poor installation, OUCH

Started by randy tolowski

4 Jun 11, 2012
Reply by randy tolowski

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Juan Roca commented on Dale Stephens's blog post LED Lighting - Garage Door opener interference
"Hi,There is a real problem with remote controls and LED lights. However, there is a solution in the…"
2 hours ago
Profile IconJuan Roca and Elizabeth Coe joined Home Energy Pros
12 hours ago
Casey Gesell posted videos
12 hours ago
Gerald Shechter posted videos
12 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion An example of what an RCC can do with no R- insulation in the walls.
"Bret,  here are the 2 reports I referred…"
14 hours ago
Craig Foley shared George Kopf's discussion on Twitter
15 hours ago
Jan Green replied to George Kopf's discussion Real Estate Professionals need our support - but how?
"Craig, I like your thinking!  With my new broker, I've been able to communicate more…"
15 hours ago
Craig Foley replied to George Kopf's discussion Real Estate Professionals need our support - but how?
"Thanks Jan, your insight, as always, is invaluable. Your suggestions regarding a top down approach…"
16 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service