General Forum (704)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Community action Residential Solar energy

I have been talking with neighbors in my community about supplementing their energy needs by either installing solar arrays or by joining a…

Started by Steve Leombruno

1 May 18, 2012
Reply by Bruce Navin

Indoor Humidity Levels

I am going to meet with a homeowner this after noon and he is concerned about Humidity levels in the house. This is what he has shared with…

Started by Timothy Renz

5 May 18, 2012
Reply by Robert H

Evergreen Home Performance named Small Business of the Year

Congratulations to Evergreen Home Performance of Rockland, Maine for being named Small Business of the Year by the Penobscot Bay Regional C…

Started by Cierra Mooney

1 May 18, 2012
Reply by Michael J. Mayhew

Funky Duct Test

Last week I was doing a rough-in w/air handler installed duct test.  I taped all the supply boots and installed the fan to the return grill…

Started by Bill Bennett

8 May 18, 2012
Reply by Matt Marshall

Help Build Industry Excellence: Join BPI's Accreditation Management Board

Make a difference! BPI is seeking applications from individuals interested in serving on its Accreditation Management Board (AMB). The AMB…

Started by Cierra Mooney

0 May 15, 2012

BPI's April Stump the Chump: What’s Wrong with this Picture?

We know, we know. There’s a lot right with this picture, such as the gorgeous view of Lake Tahoe in the background and the awesome powder f…

Started by Cierra Mooney

3 May 15, 2012
Reply by Cierra Mooney

Spray Foam and 2009 IRC codes? Your interpretation?

We are looking at spray foam and whether we will be able to use it without an ignition barrier in crawlspaces or attics. The initial opinio…

Started by Caleb Simon

8 May 14, 2012
Reply by Timothy Renz

Your thoughts on wiring fiberglass batts to the roof deck (hot dry climate)

I have seen many failed attempts at doing this method. I know it is not optimal, but many builders are still doing this as an upgrade to ce…

Started by Craig Bird

8 May 10, 2012
Reply by Craig Bird

Multi Family Auditing

I'm curious to hear from anyone with experience in Multi Family Auditing what your thoughts on the muti-point blower door test are, and if…

Started by Thomas Price

38 May 10, 2012
Reply by Tim Marlett

The Short-Circuit Theory, Keep or Remove Those Gable Vents?

When a ridge vent is added to a house that already has gable and soffit vents, you may hear advice that goes something like this. "You must…

Started by Bud Poll

21 May 8, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Rooftop A/C units and exposed ductwork in the group Radiant Control Coatings
"Tom, sorry for having to break this up but my responses I guess are too long. You talking about the…"
9 minutes ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Rooftop A/C units and exposed ductwork in the group Radiant Control Coatings
" "
1 hour ago
"I guess I got too mlong winded ther, it cut me off. 1.  Spray the coating on the ducts, plenum…"
1 hour ago
Kurt Shafer replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Jan, Here are some facts. the 30 inch fan from Home Depot (not one I would recommend) is rated at…"
2 hours ago
"Hi Tom. It looks like I will have to start off most of my answers to questions with this…"
2 hours ago
Everblue posted a video

Retrofitting Your Home for Energy Efficiency

Building Science: What is an Energy Audit? Using a Blower Door Test. Retrofitting Your Home for Energy Efficiency
3 hours ago
Profile IconTimothy Blair and Tomás León joined Home Energy Pros
3 hours ago
Home Energy Magazine's discussion was featured

Let's Talk Gender

It’s no secret that home performance is a male-dominated industry. Attend any industry conference…See More
3 hours ago
Diane Chojnowski replied to Home Energy Magazine's discussion Let's Talk Gender
"ACI has a webpage for their Women in Home Performance initiative:…"
3 hours ago
Hal Skinner commented on Hal Skinner's group Radiant Control Coatings
"Hi Ryan and welcome aboard. No doubt we can learn from each other for sure, I am the proverbial…"
3 hours ago

Kenneth Brooks just added their location.
(via Member Map)

4 hours ago
Tom Mallard replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Rooftop A/C units and exposed ductwork in the group Radiant Control Coatings
"I'm interested in these coatings, have seen something in trade mags and know it's $$$ off…"
6 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service