General Forum (753)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

BPI Releases Initial Results of Quality Assurance Procedures for Proctors and Test Centers

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is pleased to release the initial results of its Quality Assurance procedures for proctors a…

Started by Mike Kandel

1 Aug 8, 2012
Reply by Tom Conlon

Installing additional supply runs from the main trunk.

Here is a new area for me: The wisdom (or lack thereof) of adding supply duct runs in order to improve airflow to rooms that are uncomforta…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

16 Aug 8, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

Cost of foam installation

I'm looking for some foam installation prices. I know each company is different and have there own overhead and all, and I also realize the…

Started by Paul Lasicki

4 Aug 7, 2012
Reply by Paul Lasicki

Thoughts on advertising through Angie's List and\or Service Magic.

Hello all my fellow champions of better buildings. I am strongly considering dropping some significant cash to begin advertising on Angie'…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

10 Aug 6, 2012
Reply by John Redmond

BPI Announces Quality Assurance Field Inspection Standard

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is pleased to announce that its new Standard for Residential Building Quality Assurance Rela…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Aug 3, 2012

portable AC units--EdgeStar AP12000

First time I've come across these units-- vents with 5" hose thru window , exhaust only ! located in 2nd fl bath of 1.5 srory with can lig…

Started by ken schaal

8 Aug 2, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Apply Now to Take the Home Energy Professional Pilot Exams

Due to strong contractor participation in BPI’s pilot Home Energy Professional certification exam program, BPI will hold an open applicatio…

Started by Mike Kandel

1 Aug 1, 2012
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

NYSERDA Announces Workforce Training Contract to Increase Involvement of Oilheat Industry in ‘Whole House’ Energy Efficiency Assessments

The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) today announced a $290,000 contract with Community Power Network of…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Aug 1, 2012

Green Training USA is looking for Certified BPI Trainers and Proctors - Colorado

Green Training USA is looking for people who are BPI certified to train and proctor students; opportunities are available in Colorado. If…

Started by Green Training USA

0 Aug 1, 2012

Green Training USA is looking for Certified BPI Trainers and Proctors - Maryland

Green Training USA is looking for people who are BPI certified to train and proctor students; opportunities are available in Maryland.   I…

Started by Green Training USA

0 Aug 1, 2012

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

peter chang replied to peter chang's discussion Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?
"Yes, in fact I did just that for my kitchen toe-kick heater because the original thermostat was on…"
3 hours ago
Bob Blanchette replied to peter chang's discussion Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?
"Savings depends a LOT on how it's programmed. I've even done a setup with a contactor,…"
10 hours ago
Bob Blanchette replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?
"Sell utility subsidized services to the tenants. It has to pay back within a year though."
10 hours ago
Tom Mallard replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Thx, Robert. Being a PNWester where crawl spaces are moist or wet seasonally & some sites never…"
13 hours ago
Hal Skinner added a discussion to the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
13 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"I can only speak for the one I have worked with over t6he years.  We have a certification for…"
13 hours ago
Chad Mcaulife replied to Chad Mcaulife's discussion BPI QCI Cert.
"Thanks for the reponses.  I have a 40 hr class staring 12-8-2014 which should prepare me for…"
14 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Hi George, I can see where this could be a HUGE issue in Canada.   We spray our RCC directly…"
15 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service