General Forum (872)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Adding Value for Energy Efficient Features During the Appraisal Process

Recently, I was asked to manage another realtors' listings and buyer clients while she went on vacation out of the country.  One of her lis…

Started by Jan Green

4 Mar 29, 2013
Reply by Jan Green

Affordable, effective and easy to install HRV?

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a whole house ventilation solution that I can recommend to clients. I have no experience installing these, so…

Started by Andrew Aliferis

7 Mar 28, 2013
Reply by John Nicholas

NC Attempting 2012 IECC Rollback

NC is trying to roll back the 2012 IECC to 2006 IECC. That will effectively put NC at the back of the pack and we won't get another update…

Started by Michael Matthews

0 Mar 28, 2013

One of the many green, energy efficiency websites I am subscribed to sent out an email last week that had an article and talked about a pap…

Started by Elizabeth Guinn

0 Mar 26, 2013

Heat Pump Problem - Aux mode

All, This question is about my own home (I work in energy policy and have only a passing knowledge so far of actually working on home equip…

Started by Austin Brown

5 Mar 25, 2013
Reply by Austin Brown

Installing asphalt shingle roofing around dormers – a how-to primer

Here is an article I wrote about Installing asphalt roofing. I've attached the text here, and the link is within the body. Sorry if this is…

Started by Dale Eklund

1 Mar 25, 2013
Reply by Bradley Wiesneth

Retrofit insulation on the roof over cathedral ceiling

I have an under-insulated roof above a "cathedral ceiling".  The shingles need to be replaced this year.  It occurred to me that this could…

Started by George Whiting

24 Mar 25, 2013
Reply by R Higgins

I never had anything good to say about crappy LED Retrofits....

Here is why-- I can speak about 3 instances where manufacturers of LED retrofits have had  faulty stuff recalled - the latest Lighting Scie…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

1 Mar 24, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

Free Energy Audit Sales Flyer / Brochures

copy and paste this for your web browser

Started by Damien Herold

1 Mar 15, 2013
Reply by Damien Herold

BPI's Home Performance-Related Data Standards Released for Public Comment

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is pleased to announce that its BPI-2100-S-2013: Standard for Home Performance-Related Data…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Mar 12, 2013

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Walter Ahlgrim replied to Rod Fox's discussion Utility Meter Accuracy
"The more I think about it if the problem cannot be the current transformers reading small loads,…"
48 minutes ago
Dennis Heidner replied to Rod Fox's discussion Utility Meter Accuracy
"Note to readers 0.5A instead of 5A for reading with A/D.... the edit to correct that didn't…"
1 hour ago
"Rod, I have some of the CT's that you referenced in the openenergymonitor system.  They…"
2 hours ago
Tauran Ivall replied to Tauran Ivall's discussion Energy Efficient Entry Door options out there?
"Graham, How did this Plasproinc door cost?  Do you have any photos you can share a link to?"
2 hours ago
"1200A service... really?  or did you mean 200A.  That size service would likely result in…"
3 hours ago
tedkidd replied to Rod Fox's discussion Utility Meter Accuracy
"That's great news! Guess that means there are a bunch of blower doors getting used in Jackson…"
4 hours ago
Ben Haas replied to Rod Fox's discussion Utility Meter Accuracy
"Teton County and the Town of Jackson Adopted the 2014 IRC energy code.... With that, inspectors now…"
4 hours ago
tedkidd replied to Rod Fox's discussion Utility Meter Accuracy
"Lol. Bigger is better, and better to have more than you need? My Aunt and Uncle put two central…"
5 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service