General Forum (938)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hot air language

One of the objectives of my many discussions on "why hot air rises" has been to change the way we describe that process.  The reason I beli…

Started by Bud Poll

14 Oct 25, 2013
Reply by Ed Minch

Implementing ASHRAE 62.2

I work with a C.A.O. here in Ohio under the W.A.P. now that D.O.E. requires implementing ASHRAE 62.2  2010 as of PY 13 and 62.2  2013 in PY…

Started by billy g pinnick jr

14 Oct 19, 2013
Reply by Thom Knoll

Range Hood Draft

Recently we purchase a combination Samsung microwave / range hood. The venting system is 4-speed using 2 backward impeller fans. I measured…

Started by Roman

22 Oct 18, 2013
Reply by Roman

BPI Announces National Rollout of Advanced HEP Certifications

BPI is proud to announce the rollout of four new Home Energy Professional certifications - the only home performance certifications that ar…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Oct 14, 2013

Does infiltration really reduce the r-value of our insulation?

Previously posted at: http://www.energyauditortalk.org/index.php?topic=1959.msg11251#new But Sean and I couldn't come to a full agreement.…

Started by Bud Poll

14 Oct 11, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

Unvented Roof Assembly

Hello Pros. I am seriously considering going with unvented roof assemblies for a couple of houses that may not offer viable\thorough attic…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

5 Oct 4, 2013
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

Does adding drill-and-fill insulation to uninsulated exterior walls without re-cladding lead to moisture issues in the wall cavities?

Are you hesitant to add insulation to exterior walls of existing homes without also adding an exterior vapor barrier?  -OR- Have you been…

Started by Chris Stratton

6 Oct 4, 2013
Reply by Jesse Erbel

Searching for suggestions

I did an energy audit on a client and I would like to get some suggestions please. This is my main "problem": 11 year-old home, about 2,00…

Started by Luis Hernandez

1 Oct 4, 2013
Reply by Ed Minch

Upcoming TEC webinar

Join Frank Spevak, TEC Sales and Marketing Manager, as he demonstrates the power and versatility of using the TEC WiFi Link and the iTEC-70…

Started by Kim Tanner

0 Sep 27, 2013

BPI Earns ANSI ISO 17024 Accreditation for Advanced HEP Certifications

BPI's four new Home Energy Professional Certifications have earned ANSI's ISO 17024 accreditation, and have become the only credentials ava…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Sep 27, 2013

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Rob Madden, Solar Home Broker replied to Rob Madden, Solar Home Broker's discussion Indoor Air Quality Monitors and Meters
"With a Foobot, are you able to recalibrate the sensors?  While I like the price and the…"
5 hours ago
Steve Mann replied to Steve Mann's discussion Eliminator EF400 Smoke Machine in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Yes it is. Steve"
8 hours ago
Laurie DiDonato updated an event
Thumbnail

Become a HERS Rater with the NE HERS Alliance this fall! at Classroom Component at Energize Connecticut Center

September 19, 2016 at 9am to October 21, 2016 at 5pm
Online Component: September 19th-30th - Weekdays 9am-12pm5-Day Classroom/Field Training:October…See More
10 hours ago
Melissa Baldridge posted a discussion

IECC 2012 & 2015 Compliance & HRVs

I’m failing IECC 2012 with the HRVs we’ve been using – Honeywell .  (See specs below that I…See More
10 hours ago
Chris Woods replied to Steve Mann's discussion Eliminator EF400 Smoke Machine in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Is this still available?"
11 hours ago
Melissa Baldridge replied to Melissa Baldridge's discussion ENERGY STAR - Slab Insulation
"Thanks, John.  That's helpful.  And yes - I've seen projects with perimeter…"
11 hours ago
Jan Green commented on Diane Chojnowski's group Facebook Pages
"Great to see FB pages here!   "
11 hours ago
Brett Little replied to Rob Madden, Solar Home Broker's discussion Indoor Air Quality Monitors and Meters
"Great! Email me at Brett.Little@greenhomeinstitute.org"
13 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service