General Forum (995)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I say to-may-toes and you say to-mah-toes

I like that song but I'm showing my age. We often talk about the general public's need to be educated about energy efficiency to increase t…

Started by Bud Poll

6 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Bud Poll

How to keep mice, critters from getting into duct insulation that is under a house that is on piers.

How do you keep mice, critters from getting into duct insulation that is under a house that is on piers?

Started by Craig McManus

5 Mar 13, 2014
Reply by Charles Cormany

How well does airkrete work and can it be sprayed under roof decks using the webbing. is there a safer spray foam

How well does airkrete work and can it be sprayed under roof decks using the webbing. Is there a safer spray foam ?

Started by Craig McManus

1 Mar 10, 2014
Reply by tedkidd

BPI Launches Home Rating Program Using DOE's Home Energy Score

BPI is excited to announce the launch of its Rating Program. Participants in the BPI Rating Program will provide customers with an affordab…

Started by Mike Kandel

2 Mar 6, 2014
Reply by Tom Conlon

Comparing energy cost break even points

I'm trying to calculate the heat loss "breakpoints" for going all electric with heat pump, dual fuel system, or conventional gas heat. A wh…

Started by Bob Blanchette

11 Feb 28, 2014
Reply by Kurt Albershardt

Energy Savings Guarantees

Andy Frank of Sealed has a nice series of posts going on home energy guarantees. The concept first captured when I saw Perry Bigelow start…

Started by Mike Rogers

0 Feb 25, 2014

Determining CDD's and savings from AC downsize/upgrade.

After running calculations on my furnace upgrade with inconclusive results I figure I would look at how much my AC upgrade really saved. ye…

Started by Bob Blanchette

5 Feb 25, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Ductless Heat Pump vs Radiant

Location Seattle Winter design temp 28 Heating Degree days 4797 Design Temp 80/64 South facing with lots of windows u28 My question is I ha…

Started by James Murray

11 Feb 24, 2014
Reply by Hans Joachim Preiss

The end of Innovation and beginning of Commoditization of Home Performance

Does anyone else feel that Home Performance is becoming commoditized?  The final nail for me is BPI requiring BA candidates to be capble of…

Started by Pat Dundon

4 Feb 20, 2014
Reply by tedkidd

Contractors teaming up with financial lenders

I ran this subject line past a few of the administrators.  They and I could not recall this subject getting discussed here. To start off I…

Started by Hal Skinner

0 Feb 19, 2014

RSS

Forum Discussions

BPI is Hiring!

Started by Quinn Korzeniecki in General Forum 14 minutes ago. 0 Replies

Building envelope and mechanical interactive effects

Started by Rob Buchanan in General Forum. Last reply by Eric Kjelshus 30 minutes ago. 1 Reply

Investigating 3257KWH monthly usage issue.

Started by Brent Shapiro in General Forum. Last reply by Don Hynek on Monday. 10 Replies

Latest Activity

Quinn Korzeniecki added a discussion to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
Thumbnail

BPI is Hiring!

BPI is seeking a Florida-based individual to be a Technical Relations Representative.This…See More
13 minutes ago
Quinn Korzeniecki posted a discussion

BPI is Hiring!

We're hiring! BPI is seeking a Florida-based individual to be a Technical Relations…See More
14 minutes ago
Ed Minch replied to Martin Newmark's discussion Best Practice for Retrofit Insulation on Modern Knee Walls in Attics
"There are 3 problems you are trying to solve.  First, that the face of the insulation is not…"
27 minutes ago
Dan Phillips replied to Martin Newmark's discussion Best Practice for Retrofit Insulation on Modern Knee Walls in Attics
"It is important to also remember the key junctures where the top of the kneewall meets the roof,…"
30 minutes ago

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service