General Forum (835)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

BPI Certified Repairman Saves Woman's Life by Recognizing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

BPI recognizes the heroic efforts of BPI Certified Building Analyst Carl Harvey, who saved the life of a homeowner when he detected a poten…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Jan 31, 2013

The Energy Upgrade Project Manager as the Rater

In California the prevalent and rebate or incentive sanctioned model to perform a whole house performance upgrade usually requires places h…

Started by Bruce Helft

0 Jan 28, 2013

January's Stump the Chump

This month's head scratcher comes from Ken Tohinaka of the Vermont Energy Investment Corporation in Burlington, Vermont. Ken explains that…

Started by Mike Kandel

6 Jan 24, 2013
Reply by John Brooks

WAP Program Management/Administration

I'm in the process of performing a literature review of sorts collecting as much information about WAP program management and/or administra…

Started by Chase Counts

2 Jan 24, 2013
Reply by Fred Stratton

BPI Celebrates 20 Years of Raising the Bar!

More than 20 years ago a group of building tradesmen and weatherization program professionals had a vision for independent, third party ver…

Started by Mike Kandel

1 Jan 24, 2013
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

Check out the January issue of BPI's Performance Matters Newsletter!

In this issue: a letter from BPI CEO Larry Zarker announcing BPI's 20th anniversary; news from BPI and around the industry; Peter Troast ex…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Jan 24, 2013

Canadian Study of Gas Fireplace Utilization

Hello All:   Here's a copy of the email I just sent to Ms. Marianne Armstrong concerning the report she and John Burrows authored…

Started by Steve Waclo

5 Jan 22, 2013
Reply by Steve Waclo

Pros and Cons of Selling House

What are some important factors that need special attention when Sell House As Is ?

Started by John Murphy

3 Jan 22, 2013
Reply by Tim Hook

ASHRAE 55 Tool

Sorry if we're late to the game on this, but UC Berkeley has a tool to calculate compliance with ASHRAE Standard 55-2010 Thermal Environmen…

Started by Green Iowa AmeriCorps

0 Jan 17, 2013

Federal Energy Tax Credit Paperwork?

I was pleased to learn that the Feds extended the energy tax credit for 2012 and 2013.  Now, I need a reminder on what I need to supply my…

Started by Kris Grube

4 Jan 13, 2013
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Bachi Brunato joined Kyle Brown's group
Thumbnail

Wrightsoft - Manual J / Manual D

If you use Wrightsoft to calculate loads or design ducts, you likely have questions.  Get answers…See More
1 hour ago
Colin Genge commented on Greg Labbe's blog post Technical Tape Desecration
"i don't have a picture of it, but my Honda Accord's windshield was replaced and it leaked…"
6 hours ago
terry nordbye replied to Jim Gunshinan's discussion PHIUS+2015 Climate-Specific Passive Building Standard
"Both standards are good. Both standards win. PHI knows how to build a PH in the USA. The very…"
9 hours ago
Greg Labbe replied to Jim Gunshinan's discussion PHIUS+2015 Climate-Specific Passive Building Standard
""It’s important to note that the PHIUS+ 2015 metric is an optimization of the European…"
10 hours ago
Melissa Ulbricht posted a blog post
10 hours ago
David M Cohen added a discussion to the group Job Board
11 hours ago
David M Cohen joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Job Board

This group is for posting jobs related to all aspects of the home performance industry including…See More
12 hours ago
Profile IconSarah Mostafa, Michael Kelemen, Sean Maxwell and 3 more joined Home Energy Pros
12 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service