General Forum (730)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Which one is better? Hi-Velocity vs traditional Forced Air sol'ns for the home

I am guessing this topic has come up before however I am hoping some HVAC folks out there would help me understand the advantages and dis-a…

Started by g.domenico

3 Jul 21, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Midwest energy professionals wanted

I live in the East but am part of well-financed movement in the Midwest, and I am interested in knowing who is active in Kansas, Nebraska,…

Started by Tom Strumolo

9 Jul 19, 2012
Reply by David Holtzclaw

The commercial side, are we missing big opportunities?

Most of what is discussed here involves lowing energy costs for residential customers, hence the name HOME energy pros. The commercial cust…

Started by Bob Blanchette

2 Jul 12, 2012
Reply by Bruce Navin

New Construction: Easing Builders into High Performance Construction

I've started a short video series to explain my work in high performance wall systems. Some quick background - my colleague Scott Hedges an…

Started by Greg La Vardera

21 Jul 11, 2012
Reply by Greg La Vardera

Call for residential building speakers - Proposals due August 1, 2012

The Better Buildings: Better Business Conference, March 6-8, 2013 in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, is North America's largest event dedicated…

Started by Anna Svensson

0 Jul 10, 2012

Simulate the fireplace during combustion safety testing or not???

Hello all, I have noticed that BPI Standards for combustion safety do not require the simulation of a fireplace using 300 cfm during worst…

Started by Johnny Mills

11 Jul 7, 2012
Reply by Gary Baggett

Home Energy Score Launch

Our company is a regional partner organization for Home Energy Score and we are getting ready to launch the program this month.  I wanted t…

Started by Zachary Popkin

53 Jul 6, 2012
Reply by James H. Bushart

Do Government and Utility Rebate Programs Help or Hurt?

I say ... they hurt.  What say you?

Started by James H. Bushart

41 Jul 6, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

BPI's Home Energy Auditing Standard Released for Public Comment

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is pleased to announce that its BPI-1100-T-2012: Home Energy Auditing Standard (formerly BPI…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Jul 5, 2012

BPI Issues Open Call for Volunteers to Serve on its Building Analyst Certification Scheme Committee

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) seeks volunteers to serve on a committee to update the Building Analyst (BA) certification s…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Jul 3, 2012

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Profile IconJuan Roca and Elizabeth Coe joined Home Energy Pros
4 hours ago
Casey Gesell posted videos
4 hours ago
Gerald Shechter posted videos
4 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion An example of what an RCC can do with no R- insulation in the walls.
"Bret,  here are the 2 reports I referred…"
7 hours ago
Craig Foley shared George Kopf's discussion on Twitter
7 hours ago
Jan Green replied to George Kopf's discussion Real Estate Professionals need our support - but how?
"Craig, I like your thinking!  With my new broker, I've been able to communicate more…"
8 hours ago
Craig Foley replied to George Kopf's discussion Real Estate Professionals need our support - but how?
"Thanks Jan, your insight, as always, is invaluable. Your suggestions regarding a top down approach…"
8 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion An example of what an RCC can do with no R- insulation in the walls.
"Brett, you just asked the million dollar question when it comes to OUR coating. Now I will let the…"
8 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service