General Forum (961)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How accurate do you think some of the program and policy energy improvement pricing suggestions are?

Ever wonder why some customers think your prices are too high? Might it be because some of them heard prices that where way too low from ou…

Started by Mike Rogers

4 Jan 3, 2014
Reply by tedkidd

BPI CEO Joins 2013 HVACR Industry Newsmakers of the Year

BPI is proud to announce that CEO Larry Zarker has been chosen by ACHR the News as one of six HVACR Industry Newsmakers of 2013. The public…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Dec 31, 2013

Which trends do you see as being particularly relevant to home performance, and your business, in 2014?

Technology trends? Market trends? Policy? What do you see heading our way in 2014? http://omstout.com/7-home-performance-trends-to-watch-i

Started by Mike Rogers

0 Dec 23, 2013

How Tankless Water Heaters Help You in A Budget cut?(Energy Efficient)

One of the most important reasons why many are turning to tank-less heaters is because of how cost efficient they are. Tank-less units only…

Started by Nancy shirley

0 Dec 19, 2013

Basic CAZ instructions may not provide the correct number.

When you measure the worst case depressurization of a CAZ are you measuring the pressure in the appliance room or the room above it?  When…

Started by Bud Poll

0 Dec 19, 2013

Gas meter "constant" charge.

Can anybody tell me what the 1.0920 "constant" charge is?

Started by Bob Blanchette

5 Dec 19, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Basement weatherization and interior moisture management.

Please share your favorite products, ideas and links for managing basement moisture intrusion before weatherizing.  I'm not looking for inf…

Started by Kris Grube

16 Dec 17, 2013
Reply by Corey Johnson

Vampire load surprise - garage door openers

I've been on a tear of late to eliminate or minimize standby loads. This arises from data revealing that during spring and fall, when HVAC…

Started by Curt Kinder

90 Dec 15, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

Water Water Everywhere

I am new to the business.  Went to a residence that has a mobile home that has an addition and metal roof.  This roof is about 8ft above th…

Started by James Murray

4 Dec 14, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

Third party testing rqmt

I'm interested to know if the State you live in requires Blower door testing of the residential building envelope on new construction? Here…

Started by Eric Sperline

2 Dec 13, 2013
Reply by Eric Sperline

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Amber Vignieri posted a blog post
yesterday
Barbara Smith's video was featured

Weatherization: Crawl Spaces

Crawl Spaces - Training for Weatherization Installers. Re-posted from Seventhwave.org
yesterday
Kelly replied to Colin Genge's discussion What is the value of using a pressure pan to test outlets?
"Hi Colin, I like using the pressure pans at outlets to guide my inspections once I'm in the…"
yesterday
Leo Klisch commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Natural Gas is Becoming Less Attractive
"It seems a bit wasteful to use NG for such a low temperature application as space heat. If a heat…"
yesterday
HomeWiz posted photos
yesterday
Kobus Niemand commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post A Healthy Home and a Healthy Bottom Line
"Thanks for the download! Great paper,  Homes receiving EE can experience increases in radon…"
yesterday
Jan Green replied to Rob Madden's discussion DOE Home Energy Score
"Agreed Sandy on all counts!   HES and HERS will be confusing to everyone that doesn't…"
Thursday
Steven Lefler replied to David Eakin's discussion A Growing American Problem In Search Of Valid Answers
"Modular Lifestyles has developed proven Net Zero factory built as a modular or his HUD code…"
Thursday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service