General Forum (698)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Article on Energy Audits

I just read an interesting article written by Kenneth Harvey on energy audits and their value to selling a home more quickly and for a high…

Started by Sandra K. Adomatis, SRA

7 May 24, 2012
Reply by Dennis Cheslik

Vignettes of tools and technologies circa 1979

Check out this series of vignettes of weatherization and retrofit tools and technologies circa 1979, courtesy of my colleague Max Sherman h…

Started by Evan Mills

0 May 24, 2012

SRA International seeks an Analyst - Energy Efficiency (Residential) in Rockville, MD

The SRA Sustainable Buildings Team is looking for an Analyst to support the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Home Performance with ENER…

Started by Hannah C. Wood

0 May 23, 2012

Does anyone have any experience with an Owens Corning product called "Energy Complete" ?

I am interested in any comments about this product, pros and cons. Does this product have a future as a hybrid insulating system for new co…

Started by Mark Bradley

21 May 23, 2012
Reply by Bruce Navin

Community action Residential Solar energy

I have been talking with neighbors in my community about supplementing their energy needs by either installing solar arrays or by joining a…

Started by Steve Leombruno

1 May 18, 2012
Reply by Bruce Navin

Indoor Humidity Levels

I am going to meet with a homeowner this after noon and he is concerned about Humidity levels in the house. This is what he has shared with…

Started by Timothy Renz

5 May 18, 2012
Reply by Robert H

Evergreen Home Performance named Small Business of the Year

Congratulations to Evergreen Home Performance of Rockland, Maine for being named Small Business of the Year by the Penobscot Bay Regional C…

Started by Cierra Mooney

1 May 18, 2012
Reply by Michael J. Mayhew

Funky Duct Test

Last week I was doing a rough-in w/air handler installed duct test.  I taped all the supply boots and installed the fan to the return grill…

Started by Bill Bennett

8 May 18, 2012
Reply by Matt Marshall

Help Build Industry Excellence: Join BPI's Accreditation Management Board

Make a difference! BPI is seeking applications from individuals interested in serving on its Accreditation Management Board (AMB). The AMB…

Started by Cierra Mooney

0 May 15, 2012

BPI's April Stump the Chump: What’s Wrong with this Picture?

We know, we know. There’s a lot right with this picture, such as the gorgeous view of Lake Tahoe in the background and the awesome powder f…

Started by Cierra Mooney

3 May 15, 2012
Reply by Cierra Mooney

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Tom Conlon commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"I just checked the site Guidelines Kurt, and any true "promotions" should be posted in…"
20 hours ago
Tom Conlon posted a discussion

Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

I just searched this forum for "Whole House Fan", but I didn't find much about them (except …See More
20 hours ago
Richard Beyer replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Don, Thank you for the praise! I only wish that some of these profiteers could answer my questions…"
23 hours ago
Richard Beyer replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Todd, This report (attached link) below on poor people living in subsidized housing show's…"
23 hours ago
Mike Kandel added 4 discussions to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
yesterday
Mike Kandel posted discussions
yesterday
Nate Adams commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Jim, Glad to help! OK, a touch of soap box. So long as we don't tell people EE is free and…"
yesterday
Kurt Shafer commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Bob, Good idea. I see that you are a window energy reduction expert. You might consider adding…"
yesterday
Robert (Bob) Bacon commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Kurt, I would explain what energy/efficiency problem this device solves and explain the science the…"
yesterday
Ben Jacobs replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"I agree that in many homes the indoor air sucks.  However, a lot of this problem is caused…"
yesterday
Kurt Shafer commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Tom, thank you for your odd reference to a leaky duck. It is a bit off topic since I was not asking…"
yesterday
Tom Delconte commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Shameless self promotion here sucks like a leaky duck!"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service