General Forum (664)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Energy Savings Guarantees

Andy Frank of Sealed has a nice series of posts going on home energy guarantees. The concept first captured when I saw Perry Bigelow start…

Started by Mike Rogers

0 Feb 25

Determining CDD's and savings from AC downsize/upgrade.

After running calculations on my furnace upgrade with inconclusive results I figure I would look at how much my AC upgrade really saved. ye…

Started by Bob Blanchette

5 Feb 25
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Ductless Heat Pump vs Radiant

Location Seattle Winter design temp 28 Heating Degree days 4797 Design Temp 80/64 South facing with lots of windows u28 My question is I ha…

Started by James Murray

11 Feb 24
Reply by Joachim Preiss

The end of Innovation and beginning of Commoditization of Home Performance

Does anyone else feel that Home Performance is becoming commoditized?  The final nail for me is BPI requiring BA candidates to be capble of…

Started by Pat Dundon

4 Feb 20
Reply by tedkidd

Contractors teaming up with financial lenders

I ran this subject line past a few of the administrators.  They and I could not recall this subject getting discussed here. To start off I…

Started by Hal Skinner

0 Feb 19

Solid State Relay Boards

I am very interested in learning more on what all I can do with SSR boards. If anybody is better educated on all the different things these…

Started by Michelle Phillips

2 Feb 17
Reply by Michelle Phillips

Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .

Yet more from the realm of LED lighting-  Many folks are seeing LEDs - it's hard to avoid contact with 'em. A growing proportion of cars u…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

3 Feb 16
Reply by Dennis Heidner

Urea Formaldehyde Foam Insulation (UFFI)

Has anyone had the pleasure of dealing with urea formaldehyde foam insulation (UFFI)?  I've just peformed an audit on a home with the stuff…

Started by Steve Burke

10 Feb 13
Reply by Thomas Varney

In store displays

Hey all, I'm looking to showcase the energy efficiency offerings we have.  We want to showcase some of our common solutions in our area, w…

Started by daniel manriquez

3 Feb 13
Reply by Michael Dunseith

The growing need for lighting auditors

AS many of you know the acceptance of solid state lighting is on the rise. Across the nation(s) the lighting retrofit market is growing by…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

13 Feb 10
Reply by Dennis Heidner

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Christopher Morin's blog post was featured

5 Things New Energy Efficiency HVAC Contractors Need to Know

1. Do not sell on Price! Use 'Simple Payback'The price of High-efficient equipment will undoubtedly…See More
14 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan's blog post was featured
14 hours ago
Profile IconDan Liska and Rob Moreno joined Home Energy Pros
14 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan posted a blog post
17 hours ago
Kim Tanner commented on Diane Chojnowski's group Home Energy Pros on Twitter
"Follow The Energy Conservatory on Twitter! We'll follow…"
19 hours ago
Kim Tanner joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Home Energy Pros on Twitter

We've created a twitter list of members of Home Energy Pros who tweet!See More
19 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hi Kaushal, First step is to understand where you are in terms of energy costs.  If current…"
22 hours ago
Kaushal Bharath Raju posted a discussion

Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

We have a small 1940s single level house (1005sqf) in Berkeley, California that is in need of a…See More
yesterday
Christopher Morin posted a blog post

5 Things New Energy Efficiency HVAC Contractors Need to Know

1. Do not sell on Price! Use 'Simple Payback'The price of High-efficient equipment will undoubtedly…See More
yesterday
David Eggleton commented on David Eggleton's group Considering Permaculture &/or Transition
"In August 2014, in Minnesota, there's another unprecedented opportunity to meet and mix with a…"
yesterday
Glen Gallo commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post Energy Upgrade California—Up Close and Personal
"Nate, RE: Duct test On my own home and a rental I have tested more than once over the last many…"
yesterday
Profile Iconangela hines and Charles Goldman joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service