General Forum (810)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Whole-house Ductless Mini-split install costs

Something I've been working on for a few months now is trying to get a reasonable cost range for a whole-house ductless mini-split heat pum…

Started by Rob Buchanan

4 Feb 19
Reply by Jose Macho

CO poisoning in Yarmouth Maine

A news headline caught my attention, "Man hospitalized for signs of carbon monoxide poisoning at Yarmouth home".  Not all of the details, b…

Started by Bud Poll

8 Feb 19
Reply by Stan Kuhn

Giving credit when disagreeing

It seems simple, if you quote someone you should give them credit and note the source.  But should you provide credit when you are assignin…

Started by Bud Poll

0 Feb 19

For Sale: Bacharach Combustion Gas Analyzer, Minneapolis Blower Door, Bacharach Gas Leak Detector

All the equipment is basically brand new, never been used.  I bought the equipment less then 2 years ago.  I'm BPI certifie…

Started by mark richichi

0 Feb 17

Have Gas Meter fees/deliver charges got out of hand?

Last month my meter/delivery charges were MORE than the cost of fuel. I expect this in in the summer, but now it's happening in winter also.

Started by Bob Blanchette

12 Feb 8
Reply by Kurt Albershardt

RESNET Forms SDC 200 – Education and Training

Congratulations to those selected for the committee! Check it out: http://conta.cc/1D5mlQz

Started by Everblue Training

0 Feb 6

Educating New York Licensed Real Estate Agents About Home Energy Score

New York-licensed real estate agents can attain free Continuing Education by taking InterNACHI's free, online "Home Energy Score Course."…

Started by Benjamin Gromicko

1 Feb 6
Reply by Everblue Training

Flickering LED lights

I was at a home last week where the customer showed me what happens when her she turns on her 4" LED lights. These were bulbs that were ins…

Started by Jamie Kaye

22 Feb 5
Reply by nakeme

One Knob and the Pain That Inspired It

Tom White asked me to post this up, it's a distillation of 6 articles on our blog that Stephen Lacey of GreenTech Media did about the On…

Started by Nate Adams

3 Feb 5
Reply by tedkidd

Needed: Gas Detector and CO Detector. What do you recommend?

Hi All   I never planned or wanted to do the BPI Combustion testing but now have too.    What products do you recommend? I obviously want t…

Started by Matthew P

6 Jan 29
Reply by Windzer Pierre-Louis

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Steven Lewis replied to William Fisher's discussion Can tankless water heaters provide hot water even when the groundwater is fairly cold?
"Look at reducing the ambient humidity in the home.  The dew point is the key to the…"
11 hours ago
Olivia Taylor posted blog posts
21 hours ago
norman farwell replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Ha, we're on the same wavelength.  That's the big question--I'm still thinking…"
yesterday
Bryan Pringle replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Thanks Norm, we'll have a couple of case studies when all is said and done. Just curious, do…"
yesterday
norman farwell replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Bryan,  I am trying the same thing for most of the same reasons and also against advice to the…"
yesterday
Morgan M Audetat commented on Sean McLoughlin's blog post Programming in-floor electric radiant heat, is it worth it?
"You would need a large bathroom to see the difference. We install them both ways depending on the…"
yesterday
Dennis Heidner commented on Sean McLoughlin's blog post Programming in-floor electric radiant heat, is it worth it?
"The key is that this is the bathroom.  Occupancy is not constant.  It is more likely used…"
yesterday
Charles Cormany commented on Sean McLoughlin's blog post Programming in-floor electric radiant heat, is it worth it?
"I have seen resistance floor heaters add nearly $100 per month to an electric bill. Since most…"
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service