General Forum (857)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hello everyone. I am new in the business , can you folks please tell me what software I can get to help with REM RATE calculations and what…

Started by Benny hani

5 Jul 27
Reply by Benny hani

Role of Quoting Software in New Age Business

Quoting Software  has unique significance in current business age and it is an unavoidable entity. It is an effective method which offers…

Started by Richardson Fred

0 Jul 26

AERC testing and Solar Grates update

AERC of WCMA has been created to test the effectiveness of window attachments and to design an Energy Star type rating system to cover thes…

Started by w d

6 Jul 26
Reply by romeo traian

Alternative building methods comparison

Evening, First post- pardon any mis-steps. I need some advice on how polyiso foam placed outside of a stick built house performs compared…

Started by Kurt Ruark

0 Jul 25

Blower Door Testing for Code Compliance

I am interested to know how those who include blower door testing of new homes as a part of their business are able to maintain that servic…

Started by Eric Sperline

13 Jul 23
Reply by Donald Jahnke

The Real Women of Home Performance

Amy Beley started the Women in Home Performance initiative because she saw a need. Our industry is still small, and trying to find the tipp…

Started by Home Energy Magazine

0 Jul 22

Crawl spaces and attics: OSHA to implement new rule on confined spaces

OSHA’s new rule designed to protect workers in confined spaces takes effect on August 3rd, 2015. Routine tasks like installing spray-foam i…

Started by Kirsten Richnavsky

4 Jul 9
Reply by John Nicholas

Whole-house Ductless Mini-split install costs

Something I've been working on for a few months now is trying to get a reasonable cost range for a whole-house ductless mini-split heat pum…

Started by Rob Buchanan

6 Jun 29
Reply by Robert Bass

Home Energy's July/August issue is live!

The July/August issue is now live on This month's articles include: Editorial: Water Conservation Features HVAC Contr…

Started by Home Energy Magazine

0 Jun 29

Big Data Analytics - Don't Believe the Hype

Check out this bogus claim from that one of our residential clients just sent us, along with the scathingly concise co…

Started by Tom Conlon

8 Jun 25
Reply by Steve Schmidt

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Profile IconWilliam Smith and Juan Jose Palacios joined Home Energy Pros
6 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus replied to John Gillis's discussion Energy Savings of Whole House Fans vs. Air Conditioners in SoCal Featured on New 'Ask This Old House' Season in the group News & Announcements
"2000 SF house in Kansas City needs a 36" whole house fan or about 8,000 CFM takes a 1/4 HP fan…"
8 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus joined Diane Chojnowski's group

News & Announcements

Share your news and announcements with the community in this group.See More
8 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus replied to David Byrnes's discussion Insulation machine preferences
"If you find over heating look at voltage/amp draw very hard.    I find if you have…"
8 hours ago
Colin Genge posted events
10 hours ago
Adrienne DeAngelo posted an event

GreenPoint Rated CORE Training at Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel

October 15, 2015 to October 17, 2015
Increase your certifications or get to know the GreenPoint Rated system so that you can work more…See More
11 hours ago
Colin Genge replied to John Carton's discussion Smoke Puffer stick
"Retrotec Smoke Puffer is available for pickup from Energy Federation. They will not ship them due…"
11 hours ago
Colin Genge updated an event

Retrotec is exhibiting at the ACI National Home Performance Conference & Trade Show at Austin Hilton

April 4, 2016 at 8am to April 7, 2016 at 5pm
The 2016 ACI National Home Performance Conference and Trade Show is coming to Austin, TX April…See More
11 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service