General Forum (818)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hobo Data loggers for sale

I have recently retired and no longer have need of these, which are all in like new condition.  I have about $1300 invested,  I have more d…

Started by Larry Gorman

0 Mar 4

Home Energy's March/April issue is live!

The March/April issue is now live on www.homeenergy.org. This month's articles include: Editorial: At Home with the Internet of Annoying…

Started by Home Energy Magazine

0 Mar 3

Looking for home improvement companies to join our dealer network!

My name is Casey Gesell and I'm the Business Development Manager at Dr. Energy Saver, Inc. Dr. Energy Saver is the nation’s largest and fas…

Started by Casey Gesell

7 Mar 2
Reply by Casey Gesell

Non-continuous exterior insulation

Greetings everyone,      I have been asked to put 4 inches of closed cell rigid insulation in the first floor of a cottage, but not the se…

Started by Luis Hernandez

11 Mar 1
Reply by Don Hynek

Vinyl Siding with Integral Insulation

Hello Pros. I have a client for whom I'm about to engage in stage 3 of improving the comfort in his home. One of my partner contractors i…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

18 Feb 27
Reply by Dennis Heidner

Can someone recommend a whole home water filtration system?

Hi, I have some friends that recently purchased a home in the pacific northwest. Apparently there is a lot of iron in the water and they'r…

Started by Brady Mills

5 Feb 26
Reply by Glen Gallo

A WARNING ON VINYL SIDING

Back in 2003 I was called out to a home in Sacramento.  I was called there in the begining of summer.  The prior winter the home was painte…

Started by Hal Skinner

0 Feb 26

FLIR i-7 for sale

Hi, I have a very lightly used FLIR 1-7 for sale.   i-7, serial # 60101-4267.  Full hard case and everything. Asking $1400.

Started by Brian Clavette

0 Feb 25

smoky neighbor

Here's an odd one - in a suburban neighborhood one person constantly is burning wood to heat his home- the problem is the next door neighbo…

Started by Kent Mitchell

8 Feb 19
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Whole-house Ductless Mini-split install costs

Something I've been working on for a few months now is trying to get a reasonable cost range for a whole-house ductless mini-split heat pum…

Started by Rob Buchanan

4 Feb 19
Reply by Jose Macho

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Rick Karg replied to Carly@AirCycler's discussion The (Small) Cost of Ventilation Without Recovery
"As a member of the ASHRAE 62.2 committee (and president of Residential Energy Dynamics, the author…"
4 hours ago
Bradford E. White replied to Elizabeth Guinn's discussion ERV in need of backflow preventer.
"I would use an in-line backdraft damper such as Artis Industries or the ones made by Fantech and…"
19 hours ago
Kim Tanner posted a video

Wireless Air Leakage Testing

This webinar will discuss the use of WiFi technology to conduct and document blower door and duct leakage tests for compliance with local energy codes. The s...
19 hours ago
Profile IconPerry Grossman, Daniel Pate and Ottawa Furnace Filters joined Home Energy Pros
19 hours ago
Kirsten Richnavsky added a discussion to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
Thumbnail

Breaking the link between unhealthy homes and unhealthy kids

Listen in on IAQ Radio to a discussion on reducing the household triggers that cause asthmaattacks…See More
21 hours ago
Kirsten Richnavsky posted a discussion

Breaking the link between unhealthy homes and unhealthy kids

Listen in on IAQ Radio to a discussion on reducing the household triggers that cause asthmaattacks…See More
21 hours ago
Kim Tanner posted events
22 hours ago
Ottawa Furnace Filters posted a blog post

Some Useful Information about Furnace Air Filters

There is not much we can do about the air pollution outside of a house in Ottawa, Canada, but we…See More
23 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service