General Forum (803)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Needed: Gas Detector and CO Detector. What do you recommend?

Hi All   I never planned or wanted to do the BPI Combustion testing but now have too.    What products do you recommend? I obviously want t…

Started by Matthew P

6 Jan 29
Reply by Windzer Pierre-Louis

Mold on exterior walls

I have been doing a good deal of research into the topic of mold that has grown on exterior walls (and appears to be spreading).   I have h…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

11 Jan 27
Reply by David Snell

Media Reports Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation spontaneously combusted a $5M Connecticut Home... "The Conclusion"

OFFICE OF THE FIRE MARSHAL 1212 WHITTEMORE RD MIDDLEBURY, CONNECTICUT   Fire Investigation Report – JANESKY Fire Incident Location:      …

Started by Richard Beyer

1 Jan 25
Reply by Hal Skinner

UV lights on filters

I recently saw UV bulb installations in 2 HVAC systems in a home. Each system had the Lennox Healthy Climate filter box that has 2 UV-A bul…

Started by Howard Katzman

14 Jan 20
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Utility death spiral = higher taxes? Perhaps...

If you are in the energy industry and not familiar with the utility death spiral, you should be. It's real, it's big and it's gaining speed…

Started by George Kopf

9 Jan 19
Reply by Dennis Heidner

Solar objection and response sharing

For all those in the solar industry, we hear many objections from customer. Most of them are misconceptions, but I find that almost can be…

Started by Elvin Frost

17 Jan 19
Reply by Dennis Heidner

Have you heard!? BPI's Building Science Principles Certificate of Knowledge exam and Reference Guide are now available in Spanish!

"BPI recognizes that there are many Spanish speaking professionals in the home performance industry, or looking to develop their careers he…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Jan 19

Green feature values in Real Estate

Does anyone know of a resource which gives a simple estimated dollar value for green home features? For example, a solar hot water heater a…

Started by George Kopf

16 Jan 16
Reply by Jeffrey Gephart

BPI Energy Auditors Carry the Banner for Dominion East Ohio's Highly Successful Energy Efficiency Program

GoodCents energy auditors, certified by the Building Performance Institute, are the gatekeepers to an incredibly successful Home Performanc…

Started by Mike Kandel

8 Jan 15
Reply by Nate Adams

Long term average

When doing a blower door test, do you ever use long term average? Why or why not? Digital pressure and flow gauges have an option for time…

Started by Kim Tanner

4 Jan 15
Reply by Tom Nicholson

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Kim Tanner posted videos
10 hours ago
Positive Energy posted videos
15 hours ago
Profile IconErnesto , Positive Energy, Cristy Kraus and 3 more joined Home Energy Pros
16 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion 'YGRENE' super fund for energy upgrade financing
"Thanks Susan.  It is appreciated."
yesterday
Adin Maynard commented on Corbett Lunsford's video
Thumbnail

Beyond Blower Doors: Zonal Pressure Testing

"Great video. Your approach of simplifying the reading as X/50 = percent leaking to outside (with…"
yesterday
Chris Dorsi posted an event
Thumbnail

2015 Habitat X Summer National Conference at Big Sky Resort

July 21, 2015 to July 23, 2015
The 2015 Habitat X Summer National Conference will take place at Big Sky Resort, just down the road…See More
yesterday
Royce Gleason posted a status
"The passion to learn and gain more advanced energy efficiency techniques, news, videos and much more from home energy pros across the globe."
yesterday
Susan Davison replied to Hal Skinner's discussion 'YGRENE' super fund for energy upgrade financing
"Hal,   With the above questions, let me first state 'let the buyer beware'. All of…"
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service