General Forum (828)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What is the best energy auditing software?

Hi:   I have been using TREAT software to do my energy auditing reports. While this software is a powerful tool, its seems that it is desig…

Started by Kevin Eigel

7 Apr 6
Reply by Kalvis

'YGRENE' super fund for energy upgrade financing

‘Ygrene’ energy superfund financing.   First off I want to state I know next to nothing about financing projects for energy upgrades.  That…

Started by Hal Skinner

10 Apr 3
Reply by Hal Skinner

Ancient (70's) wall foam insulation, now a powder.

I just found a neighborhood of this stuff, degraded to a fine powder, can be disturbed by BD, This foam (back East) was urea/formaldehyde b…

Started by Tom Strumolo

6 Apr 2
Reply by tedkidd

Another unvented roof question

I have a gable roof that is now part of the conditioned space. can I use 8" of polyiso directly under the roof sheathing, foamed around the…

Started by randy tolowski

4 Mar 28
Reply by randy tolowski

NRG-1 polyiso

Hello fellow energy geeks.Does anyone have any information on a polyiso board named NRG-1? Johns- Manville produced NRG-2And now produces N…

Started by randy tolowski

0 Mar 27

BPI Introduces New BPI.org for Consumers

BPI has a new home on the web! BPI.org is a new interactive website designed to educate homeowners on the value of home performance energy…

Started by Mike Kandel

1 Mar 19
Reply by Ben Jacobs

Vented cathedral ceiling construction advice...

Had been planning on building an unvented cathedral ceiling, but have since realized I need to vent it! Here's where I'm at so far on my co…

Started by Tony Rigdon

8 Mar 11
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

Green Mortgage Appraisal Roundtable

For an overview of the March 11, 2014, roundtable at the White House Conference Center, take a look at my blog.  http://adomatis.wordpress.…

Started by Sandra K. Adomatis, SRA

1 Mar 8
Reply by Crosbey Archery

Tax Time Blues

There is a tax credit available to homeowners who have walls insulated. The credits were continued last year in a budget deal to cover tax…

Started by Jim Gunshinan

1 Mar 6
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

Should your local weatherization company be required to have someone BPI certified on their staff?

Hello, 9 out of ten 10 homes visited were supposed to have been weatherized. Upon inspection, I found air leakage around heating and domest…

Started by robert jones

6 Mar 5
Reply by Michael Dunseith

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Tom White's blog post was featured

Embodied Energy: Minimizing Waste with Off-Site Construction

Matthew Wadlund is adding infill housing stock to the Oceanview neighborhood of Berkeley,…See More
5 hours ago
Home Energy Magazine's blog post was featured
5 hours ago
Profile IconRavi Malhotra, Andrew Schnizel, Tyrone Fagin and 4 more joined Home Energy Pros
5 hours ago
Jason Szumlanski posted a blog post
10 hours ago
Andrew Schnizel posted a blog post

Energy shortage and HVAC business in Canada!!

Being a country of highest life expectancy, how much self reliant is Canada in power sector??? HVAC…See More
10 hours ago
Jennifer Stutzman commented on James P. Weingardt's photo
Thumbnail

Can anyone see what is going on here?

"Was there any dampness? Did the cable guy drill a hole all the way through the exterior wall…"
11 hours ago
Jennifer Stutzman commented on Michael Dunseith's photo
Thumbnail

WT*

"Beer can radiator?"
11 hours ago
Scott Stubbs added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
Thumbnail

Retrotec Commercial & Residential Blower Doors $4800

My business no longer has the need for my Retrotec blower door equipment so I am selling both the…See More
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service