General Forum (985)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to keep mice, critters from getting into duct insulation that is under a house that is on piers.

How do you keep mice, critters from getting into duct insulation that is under a house that is on piers?

Started by Craig McManus

5 Mar 13, 2014
Reply by Charles Cormany

How well does airkrete work and can it be sprayed under roof decks using the webbing. is there a safer spray foam

How well does airkrete work and can it be sprayed under roof decks using the webbing. Is there a safer spray foam ?

Started by Craig McManus

1 Mar 10, 2014
Reply by tedkidd

BPI Launches Home Rating Program Using DOE's Home Energy Score

BPI is excited to announce the launch of its Rating Program. Participants in the BPI Rating Program will provide customers with an affordab…

Started by Mike Kandel

2 Mar 6, 2014
Reply by Tom Conlon

Comparing energy cost break even points

I'm trying to calculate the heat loss "breakpoints" for going all electric with heat pump, dual fuel system, or conventional gas heat. A wh…

Started by Bob Blanchette

11 Feb 28, 2014
Reply by Kurt Albershardt

Energy Savings Guarantees

Andy Frank of Sealed has a nice series of posts going on home energy guarantees. The concept first captured when I saw Perry Bigelow start…

Started by Mike Rogers

0 Feb 25, 2014

Determining CDD's and savings from AC downsize/upgrade.

After running calculations on my furnace upgrade with inconclusive results I figure I would look at how much my AC upgrade really saved. ye…

Started by Bob Blanchette

5 Feb 25, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Ductless Heat Pump vs Radiant

Location Seattle Winter design temp 28 Heating Degree days 4797 Design Temp 80/64 South facing with lots of windows u28 My question is I ha…

Started by James Murray

11 Feb 24, 2014
Reply by Hans Joachim Preiss

The end of Innovation and beginning of Commoditization of Home Performance

Does anyone else feel that Home Performance is becoming commoditized?  The final nail for me is BPI requiring BA candidates to be capble of…

Started by Pat Dundon

4 Feb 20, 2014
Reply by tedkidd

Contractors teaming up with financial lenders

I ran this subject line past a few of the administrators.  They and I could not recall this subject getting discussed here. To start off I…

Started by Hal Skinner

0 Feb 19, 2014

Solid State Relay Boards

I am very interested in learning more on what all I can do with SSR boards. If anybody is better educated on all the different things these…

Started by Michelle Phillips

2 Feb 17, 2014
Reply by Michelle Phillips

RSS

Featured Forum Discussions

What causes a temperature plane in a home

Started by Energy Wise Solutions in HVAC. Last reply by Peter Krych on Friday. 4 Replies

Velocity Pressure Testing

Started by Horace Douglas Hunt, Jr. in General Forum. Last reply by Horace Douglas Hunt, Jr. Apr 15. 2 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Latest Activity

Efficiency First California posted a blog post

Building a Clean Energy Future, Respect for the People Who Will Build It

You don’t need to spend a great of time deal in the policy world before you hear a conversation…See More
15 hours ago
Profile IconDavid G. Tamutus and Sharon Block joined Home Energy Pros
15 hours ago
Gary Reed added a discussion to the group Job Board
Thumbnail

HOME ENERGY ADVISORS WANTED (NEW YORK STATE: Saratoga & Glens Falls Region)

We are currently seeking experienced HOME ENERGY ADVISEOS to join the Jack Hall Plumbing &…See More
yesterday
Profile IconGary Reed and Kurt Shafer joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Job Board

This group is for posting jobs related to all aspects of the home performance industry including…See More
yesterday
Ron Sarrick liked Energy Wise Solutions's discussion What causes a temperature plane in a home
yesterday
Kurt Shafer added a discussion to the group Job Board
Thumbnail

Installers for Whole House Fans in Various Cities

Invisco Whole House Fan Company in Temecula CA sells the highest performance fans in history. The…See More
yesterday
Kurt Shafer posted a blog post

First Rooftop Whole House Fan for Homes without Attics

Eichler was one of the most famous Mid Century Modern home builders in the 50s and 60s. His homes…See More
yesterday
Travis Lundberg replied to angela stanzione's discussion Used Weatherization and auditing equipment for sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Do you still happen to have a blower door fan, frame and fabric still for sale?  If so please…"
yesterday

Home Energy Pros

Welcome to Home Energy Pros – the unique digital community by and for those who work in the home energy performance arena.

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (supported by the U.S. Department of Energy) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network. Please honor our Guidelines

© 2017   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service