General Forum (726)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Software and Audits

Good afternoon,   Anyone out there using eQuest, EnergyPlus, Sketchup in retrofit audits? If so how. I know these programs are great for de…

Started by randy tolowski

9 Jul 26, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

Are we setting ourselves up for a huge liability?

I have been thinking about this for a few months now, and now that I am in the middle of a federal government Better Buildings program, it…

Started by John Redmond

12 Jul 26, 2012
Reply by Michael Matthews

Looking for Homes to Rent to use for BPI Training and Testing

Green Training USA is looking for homes to rent for BPI Training and Testing. The homes must have gas and preferably, a natural draft water…

Started by Green Training USA

0 Jul 24, 2012

Green Training USA is looking for Certified BPI Trainers and Proctors

Green Training USA is looking for people who are BPI certified to train and proctor students; opportunities are available throughout the U…

Started by Green Training USA

0 Jul 24, 2012

What is the expected lifetime of an LED?

Someone asked me how long LED last. I read in a LinkedIn group discussion ("Hot Buttons In Lighting") that EPA is considering lowering the…

Started by Jim Gunshinan

17 Jul 23, 2012
Reply by Joseph Lamy

So, you're a 1st time LED ( luminiare) buyer...

A growing number of people are buying LED luminiares ( Lamps, bulbs) - Great- but choose wisely . Learn how to discern LED quality from poo…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

5 Jul 21, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Which one is better? Hi-Velocity vs traditional Forced Air sol'ns for the home

I am guessing this topic has come up before however I am hoping some HVAC folks out there would help me understand the advantages and dis-a…

Started by g.domenico

3 Jul 21, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Midwest energy professionals wanted

I live in the East but am part of well-financed movement in the Midwest, and I am interested in knowing who is active in Kansas, Nebraska,…

Started by Tom Strumolo

9 Jul 19, 2012
Reply by David Holtzclaw

The commercial side, are we missing big opportunities?

Most of what is discussed here involves lowing energy costs for residential customers, hence the name HOME energy pros. The commercial cust…

Started by Bob Blanchette

2 Jul 12, 2012
Reply by Bruce Navin

New Construction: Easing Builders into High Performance Construction

I've started a short video series to explain my work in high performance wall systems. Some quick background - my colleague Scott Hedges an…

Started by Greg La Vardera

21 Jul 11, 2012
Reply by Greg La Vardera

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Sean Lintow Sr replied to Kevin Jordan's discussion air infiltration total
"Sorry I don't have anything handy but pull a search for EqLA equivalent leakage…"
19 hours ago
Erik Henson commented on Andrew Navolio's blog post MEEA assists with Home Energy Certification programs
"It seems to me like we are trying to re-invent the wheel.  There are several available…"
yesterday
Egr renovations posted a status
yesterday
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What this RCC will do on an exterior wall compared to standard paint. in the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Craig, It was a test on a refrigerated commercial building.  We used to take temperarure…"
yesterday
Craig Bird replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What this RCC will do on an exterior wall compared to standard paint. in the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Actually emissivity rating doesn't make much of a difference between coatings because almost…"
Saturday
Tom White posted videos
Saturday
BMI - Tami Svarfvar's 2 videos were featured
Saturday
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What this RCC will do on an exterior wall compared to standard paint. in the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Craig, here is a list of an index of reflectivity of different colors.  I did not see any…"
Saturday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service