General Forum (794)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Doggy Doors...What to do?

I did an audit yesterday and found out that a single doggy door was responsible for 1,300 CFM50 of air leakage (in an already-leaky house..…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

14 Nov 16, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

thinking in 3 dimensions

I had a Eureka moment about 10 years ago. Folks like us who look at buildings tend to simplify them and miss too much.  Not only are buildi…

Started by Pat Dundon

3 Nov 13, 2012
Reply by Pat Dundon

Ancient (70's) wall foam insulation, now a powder.

I just found a neighborhood of this stuff, degraded to a fine powder, can be disturbed by BD, This foam (back East) was urea/formaldehyde b…

Started by Tom Strumolo

3 Nov 12, 2012
Reply by Kari Sauder

What Air Conditioning unit should you choose?

If you have a false ceiling you can use Ceiling mounted cassette system. If you have hard ceiling but still want a unit on the ceiling you…

Started by Caan Soloman

0 Nov 12, 2012

Dense pack cellulose in enclosed rim joist

Hey all, We recently hired a new tech that has previously done a bunch of Home Performance work on the East coast and he has turned me on…

Started by Tom Walther

24 Nov 9, 2012
Reply by Tom Walther

Over 150 Programs Nationwide Specify BPI Credentials for Quality Assurance

Malta, NY, November 7, 2012 - Demand for BPI's core certifications continues to grow as 150+ government, utility and manufacturer energy ef…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Nov 7, 2012

Winter condensation on windows in a house that is very well insulated.

This is my first post and I hope I have the formate correct, I live and build in central Pennsylvania. I built a house in 2004 using what I…

Started by Eric M. Fletcher

53 Nov 5, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

Victims of Hurricane Sandy in CT- Free Energy Assessments

Although we would like to reach out to the entire Northeast area of those affected by Hurricane Sandy, it is simply too big of a geographic…

Started by Gary Baggett

0 Nov 4, 2012

In Sandy's Wake, Lend a Hand

It is our greatest hope that you and your families have come away unscathed by Hurricane Sandy, but the reality is that millions of people…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Nov 2, 2012

Questioning W.C.C.

We've been discussing this around the Saturn water cooler for a while now and figured an article was in order. Sound off and let us know wh…

Started by Darrel Tenter

4 Oct 26, 2012
Reply by Darrel Tenter

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Don Hynek replied to Luis Hernandez's discussion Non-continuous exterior insulation
"This is a matter of far more than R-values. Average exterior temp, heating load vs. cooling load,…"
15 hours ago
Patrick Michaelyan replied to Luis Hernandez's discussion Non-continuous exterior insulation
"Don, I'd like to ask you specifically about your comments on putting the structure at great…"
20 hours ago
Patrick Michaelyan replied to Casey Gesell's discussion Looking for home improvement companies to join our dealer network!
"Casey, Time frame for relocating is late spring to early summer. I am considering both counties…"
20 hours ago
Dennis Heidner replied to Patrick Michaelyan's discussion Vinyl Siding with Integral Insulation
"The observation about rot is important.   I agree. One of my complaints with some of the…"
Friday
Jennifer Schenk added a discussion to the group Job Board
Thumbnail

Job Opening - Energy Programs Manager - Frisco, CO

Energy Programs Manager - High Country Conservation CenterJob DescriptionGeneral Description of…See More
Friday
Jennifer Schenk joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Job Board

This group is for posting jobs related to all aspects of the home performance industry including…See More
Friday
Avi Yashchin posted a status
""Will Online Learning Replace the Classroom?" Read my full article on HuffPost. http://huff.to/1cNCOie"
Friday
Profile IconTerrell, Jennifer Schenk, Amina Lang and 3 more joined Home Energy Pros
Friday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service