General Forum (969)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

LEDs Magazine's comparision of some A-19 LED choices

There are occasions to point out a good cache of knowledge - or information - this relates to the task of buying LED lights for your home o…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

19 Feb 5, 2014
Reply by Eric Wu

Hiring BPI-Certified Energy Auditors

Thorpe Services is looking to hire a BPI-certified Energy Auditor and Auditor Supervisors in IN, OH, KY, NC, and SC. Look for more details…

Started by Everblue Training

0 Feb 5, 2014

Calculating BTU lost per cfm leaks

Hi everyone,     A couple of my colleagues were discussing the benefits of air sealing, when I was asked if I could quantify the actual va…

Started by Luis Hernandez

23 Feb 1, 2014
Reply by Dmitri A Martin

Energy Savings that Are Hot Air!

Energy Savings that Are Hot Air! : why doesn't this surprise me? The brits are able to do the real calculations, but we aren't. This articl…

Started by Tom DelConte

13 Jan 27, 2014
Reply by Tom Mallard

Remote temperature sensor for wired thermostat

This is a tricky one to google because "remote" is overshadowed by remote control apps for things like Nest thermostats. My problem is this…

Started by Tom S

5 Jan 23, 2014
Reply by dale conner

Fun with Fluids

Greetings ... We live at the bottom of an Ocean of Air.Does anyone want to "play with fluids"?Here is an interesting Video about "Stack Eff…

Started by John Brooks

2 Jan 22, 2014
Reply by Bud Poll

Calculating heat loss

Could anyone help me calculate a breakdown that shows  heat loss in BTU/hour that adds up to 100% and shows % or subtotals for the sub-cate…

Started by Luis Hernandez

3 Jan 21, 2014
Reply by Bud Poll

Peak Energy Saver

Is any one familiar with the Peak Energy Saver from www.peakenergytech.com  The unit is intended to store energy from motors used in the ho…

Started by Paul Stevens

21 Jan 16, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Any good supply distributors in Ohio?

Is anyone aware of a few decent Ohio distributor/wholesaler of energy and weatherization products? As supposed to the other “Big box boys”?…

Started by John Wes

5 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by Bill Spohn

Insulating the "walls" of a mansard-style roof.

Hello pros. Please see the attached pictures. Any insights on how you would insulate the 2nd story walls of this house? The house is locate…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

20 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by Robert Haverlock

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Latest Activity

Brad Cook replied to Jim Tenhundfeld's discussion LED's and motion sensors
"I don't know what it stands for. See RAB.com"
14 hours ago
Jim Tenhundfeld replied to Jim Tenhundfeld's discussion LED's and motion sensors
"That makes sense since the same thing happened with dimmable CFL's.  I have never heard…"
15 hours ago
Brad Cook replied to Jim Tenhundfeld's discussion LED's and motion sensors
"My first thought is whether the motion sensor and/or the LED lamp is a cheap one. I had so many…"
yesterday
John Wagner joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
yesterday
Home Energy Magazine posted a blog post
yesterday
Jim Tenhundfeld posted a discussion

LED's and motion sensors

When completing an audit, a customer told me that when he installed a LED lamp in his outdoor…See More
yesterday
Barbara Smith posted videos
Thursday
CharlieK posted a discussion

Eco-Cottage Program Applauded By Housing Groups, Suppliers & Lenders

AmeriSus a leading player in the eco-kit home business kicked off a new program on MLK-day which…See More
Thursday

Home Energy Pros

Welcome to Home Energy Pros – the unique digital community by and for those who work in the home energy performance arena.

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (supported by the U.S. Department of Energy) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network. Please honor our Guidelines

© 2017   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service