General Forum (818)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pros and Cons of Selling House

What are some important factors that need special attention when Sell House As Is ?

Started by John Murphy

3 Jan 22, 2013
Reply by Tim Hook

ASHRAE 55 Tool

Sorry if we're late to the game on this, but UC Berkeley has a tool to calculate compliance with ASHRAE Standard 55-2010 Thermal Environmen…

Started by Green Iowa AmeriCorps

0 Jan 17, 2013

Federal Energy Tax Credit Paperwork?

I was pleased to learn that the Feds extended the energy tax credit for 2012 and 2013.  Now, I need a reminder on what I need to supply my…

Started by Kris Grube

4 Jan 13, 2013
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

BPI Issues Open Call for Volunteers to Serve on its Whole House HVAC Quality Maintenance Certification Scheme Committee

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) seeks volunteers to serve on a scheme committee for its Whole House HVAC Quality Maintenance…

Started by Mike Kandel

2 Jan 11, 2013
Reply by Mike Kandel

If You Knew Don...

Mike Rogers and I have secured pledges totaling over $4000 toward ACI's Memorial Scholarship Fund by completing feats of strength and going…

Started by Courtney Moriarta

0 Jan 11, 2013

Duct Testing High Velocity Systems

Dose anyone have experience testing high velocity duct systems? I've been asked to duct test a Zhender HRV with comfoducts (2" homerun duct…

Started by George J. Nesbitt

2 Jan 10, 2013
Reply by Paul Morin

Passive House Documentary Project

For those familiar with the Passivhaus Institut concepts for super-efficient building design, there is a kickstarter project to help finish…

Started by Powell Smith

3 Jan 9, 2013
Reply by Jack Hampton

Mold Growth & Draftiness Post Energy Improvements

Hello energy pros. I need your combined wisdom before I proceed to help a client of mine address what appears to be mold growth and drafti…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

15 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Robert D York Jr

BPI Launches Building Science Principles Certificate for Home Performance and Energy Upgrade Industry

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) launched its Building Science Principles (BSP) Certificate of Knowledge and companion Refere…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Jan 7, 2013

Are efficient LED bulbs worth the price?

Right now I can get a small supply of Philips L Prize 60w Led bulbs at an attractive price. Is it worth switching my home and business over…

Started by Tom DelConte

58 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Tom DelConte

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Fresh Air Duct Cleaning posted a blog post

KANATA DUCT CLEANING COMPANY

A duct cleaning in kanata is one of the best ways to improve your …See More
1 hour ago
Fresh Air Duct Cleaning posted a status
1 hour ago
Laura Palombi joined Norm Bourassa's group
Thumbnail

Multifamily Buildings

For too long there has been relatively little EE focus on multifamily, but some new programs have…See More
6 hours ago
Profile IconJerrad Pierce, tracylee, Nevada Heating and 4 more joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Shawn Weeks posted a blog post
yesterday
Kirsten Richnavsky's discussion was featured

New BPI Standard for Conducting Energy Audits Published as an ANSI Standard!

The Standard Practice for Basic Analysis of Buildings defines the minimum criteria and specific…See More
yesterday
Daniel Beauchemin's photo was featured

Residential installation of a ThermoDrain TD342B

DWHR HERS Index Score Credit Calculation ProcedureUntil such time that DWHR system calculations…
yesterday
Tom White's 2 videos were featured
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service