General Forum (924)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Does infiltration really reduce the r-value of our insulation?

Previously posted at: http://www.energyauditortalk.org/index.php?topic=1959.msg11251#new But Sean and I couldn't come to a full agreement.…

Started by Bud Poll

14 Oct 11, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

Unvented Roof Assembly

Hello Pros. I am seriously considering going with unvented roof assemblies for a couple of houses that may not offer viable\thorough attic…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

5 Oct 4, 2013
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

Does adding drill-and-fill insulation to uninsulated exterior walls without re-cladding lead to moisture issues in the wall cavities?

Are you hesitant to add insulation to exterior walls of existing homes without also adding an exterior vapor barrier?  -OR- Have you been…

Started by Chris Stratton

6 Oct 4, 2013
Reply by Jesse Erbel

Searching for suggestions

I did an energy audit on a client and I would like to get some suggestions please. This is my main "problem": 11 year-old home, about 2,00…

Started by Luis Hernandez

1 Oct 4, 2013
Reply by Ed Minch

Upcoming TEC webinar

Join Frank Spevak, TEC Sales and Marketing Manager, as he demonstrates the power and versatility of using the TEC WiFi Link and the iTEC-70…

Started by Kim Tanner

0 Sep 27, 2013

BPI Earns ANSI ISO 17024 Accreditation for Advanced HEP Certifications

BPI's four new Home Energy Professional Certifications have earned ANSI's ISO 17024 accreditation, and have become the only credentials ava…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Sep 27, 2013

What is wrong with the Residential Energy Efficiency industry (and how to fix it)

Howdy Home Energy Pros, Over the course of the last 5 years, I have seen a lot happen within the Residential Energy Efficiency industry. Wh…

Started by George Kopf

0 Sep 24, 2013

ASHRAE 62.2-2013 in an Easy-to-Use Method!

http://homeenergypros.lbl.gov/video/ashrae-62-2-2013-easy-peasy-ventilation-calculation-with-corbett Here you go, dudes: 7.5 cfm per person…

Started by Corbett Lunsford

3 Sep 23, 2013
Reply by Todd Hoener

Aeroseal duct Sealant

Does anyone have experience or an opinion on Aeroseal duct leakage sealing system?

Started by Ed Ballard

10 Sep 22, 2013
Reply by Luis Hernandez

What About DIY Geothermal Heat Exchangers for Heat Pumps?

Many of our pros here are also DIY experts. You may have done or plan to do some geothermal projects. Do you favor a contractor or you…

Started by Perry Ning

2 Sep 14, 2013
Reply by Perry Ning

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Amber Vignieri commented on Amber Vignieri's blog post Elevate Energy Mythbusters: Windows & Attics Edition
"Thanks Jackie! Glad you found it useful. We're always trying to make home energy performance…"
5 hours ago
Dale@EnergyWright commented on Paul Scheckel's blog post Gas vs Induction Cooking Energy Comparison
"The Induction website has a wealth of information, both pro and con, about induction…"
5 hours ago
jackie harsha commented on Amber Vignieri's blog post Elevate Energy Mythbusters: Windows & Attics Edition
"Enjoyed your post. "
23 hours ago
Tom White's video was featured

CalCERTS How To: Duct Leakage to Outside Test

Training Video to show how to perform a Duct Leakage to Outside Test
23 hours ago
jackie harsha shared their blog post on Facebook
yesterday
Yaniv Yonatan Abitan is now a member of Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Nickie Irvine commented on Paul Scheckel's blog post Gas vs Induction Cooking Energy Comparison
"Comment to Tauren on costs of natural gas vs electric induction.  Because of the extremely…"
yesterday
tedkidd liked Paul Scheckel's blog post Gas vs Induction Cooking Energy Comparison
yesterday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service