General Forum (803)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sealing Vapor Barriers to Concrete Foundations

Was just looking for some input on different techniques for ensuring a permanent seal between a block foundation wall, and a 6 mil. poly ba…

Started by Tim Marlett

14 Dec 13, 2012
Reply by Rob Orchard

Early bird discount ends Dec. 14 for Better Buildings: Better Business Conference

Just a friendly reminder that the Better Buildings: Better Business Conference rate goes up after December 14. If you plan to attend it mak…

Started by Anna Svensson

0 Dec 12, 2012

Eliminating Standing Pilot Light Furnaces

If one had a large-scale home retrofit program with the goal of saving energy, what would be the pros and cons of a policy to replace all s…

Started by Barbara Smith

13 Dec 11, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

Anybody know what this is??

During an audit of an apartment building in N. Wisconsin that started life as a high school built in 1908, I found this very strange cast i…

Started by Don Hynek

3 Dec 7, 2012
Reply by Bradford E. White

Efficiency Maine

I'm looking for any contractors working in Efficiency Maine. Thanks

Started by Gary Baggett

8 Nov 26, 2012
Reply by Paul Badeau

HERS testing

I am building three houses in eastern Alabama and using the Earth cents program. I wanted to go with energy star but could not find a heat…

Started by Andy Roland

6 Nov 25, 2012
Reply by Curt Kinder

Funky Smell in Ductwork

Hello all, I performed an audit the other day and one of the homeowners' largest concerns was a funky smell in the ducts that serve the up…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

13 Nov 21, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

AirGenerate Heat Pump Water Heaters - any experience?

I'm in sunny humid Florida and have had great luck with air source heat pump water heaters, particularly the GE models.80+% of water heater…

Started by Curt Kinder

5 Nov 20, 2012
Reply by John C. Semmelhack

"an Ocean of Air"

We live at the bottom of "an Ocean of Air" The power of the atmosphere is pretty, pretty darn impressive yet we seem to take it for granted…

Started by John Brooks

18 Nov 17, 2012
Reply by John Brooks

Home performance pro Corbett Lunsford underlines the importance of home performance testing in the aftermath of Indiana home explosion.

"The real tragedy is that if this was a faulty furnace it could have been prevented. Cleaning and servicing your furnace is not a bad idea,…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Nov 16, 2012

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

randy tolowski replied to randy tolowski's discussion Another unvented roof question
"you are correct. we won't know how these new products perform long term. I hope I get the ok…"
16 hours ago
randy tolowski replied to randy tolowski's discussion Another unvented roof question
"good info Sean thanks for the heads-up on calling it a sip. code approved hot roof system sounds…"
16 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to randy tolowski's discussion Another unvented roof question
"I've removed caulking that was over 30 years old and it outlasted the materials to which it…"
yesterday
Profile IconAmanda Hallock, Kalvis, Tyler Grubbs and 6 more joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Corbett Lunsford posted videos
yesterday
Sean Lintow Sr replied to randy tolowski's discussion Another unvented roof question
yesterday
randy tolowski posted discussions
yesterday
Todd Collins replied to Tom Strumolo's discussion Ancient (70's) wall foam insulation, now a powder.
"What did you find about the dust?  "
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service