General Forum (994)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

CAZ Depressurization: NOT a Big Deal?

http://greendreamgroup.libsyn.com/this-house-sucks-but-not-very-hard-brett-singer-scientist-shows-us-where-depressurization-testing-has-led

Started by Corbett Lunsford

19 Apr 21, 2014
Reply by Glen Gallo

Air sealing wood-burning fireplace from the crawlspace below

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on air sealing the around the mantle of a fireplace in the crawlspace. Should I just apply spray foam as ne…

Started by Blake Shurtz

1 Apr 17, 2014
Reply by David Baerg

Residential Green Valuation Tools

Residential Green Valuation Tools Appraisal Institute just announced its latest new book on valuing residential high performance properties…

Started by Sandra K. Adomatis, SRA

0 Apr 13, 2014

Insulation Blower Recommendations?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a residential insulation blower?  We currently use an InsulMaxx 5000, and we've been pretty happy,…

Started by Jim Conlon

0 Apr 10, 2014

'Shielding insulation'

Good morning all, We had a question come up on "shielding insulation." The description is as follows:  "The Universal Shielding Insulation…

Started by Rob Buchanan

3 Apr 9, 2014
Reply by Shawna Henderson

Where do you fall in the "staged" versus "gotta be all at once" discussion?

In several industry conversations over the past few months, there’s been debate about whether we should take a “staged” retrofit approach. …

Started by Mike Rogers

29 Apr 6, 2014
Reply by tedkidd

Whole house air leakage

I have reviewed, tested, studied, asked, and analyzed the many facets of whole house air leakage.  I am still somewhat unsure what constitu…

Started by Roy Sakamoto

14 Apr 1, 2014
Reply by Ed Minch

Open cell foam and cellulose... Can they work together?

Greetings everyone!    I have a client who would like to have two inches of open cell foam in the attic flat, and then 10 inches of cellul…

Started by Luis Hernandez

11 Mar 29, 2014
Reply by Richard Beyer

AI Res. Green and Energy Efficient Addendum

The Appraisal Institute made the AI Residential Green and Energy Efficient Addendum fillable.  Check out the new version that makes it easy…

Started by Sandra K. Adomatis, SRA

0 Mar 29, 2014

Best Insulation For Older Building With Potential Moisture

I have an older redwood sided home that has the siding nailed directly onto the framing. There's a layer of felt paper over the framing, bu…

Started by Dan Antonioli

8 Mar 27, 2014
Reply by Roy L. Miller

RSS

Latest Activity

Profile IconMatt Baker and Thayne Brunswold joined Home Energy Pros
6 hours ago
Matt Baker liked Home Energy Magazine's blog post Portland, Oregon Passes Landmark Policy to Disclose Energy Performance to Homebuyers
7 hours ago
Sarah OConnell posted a blog post

Seeking Novel Applications of Thermal Storage

Through its JUMP platform, Oak Ridge National Lab has partnered with Trane to host a…See More
9 hours ago
Martin Newmark posted a discussion

Best Practice for Retrofit Insulation on Modern Knee Walls in Attics

I'm wondering what folks are doing to add air-sealing and insulation to knee walls in modern…See More
23 hours ago

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service