General Forum (961)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Efficiency First Chapter - ideas

Arizona is starting an Efficiency First Chapter to have a unified voice for the local home performance market. I'd like to see what other H…

Started by David Byrnes

0 Feb 7, 2014

LEDs Magazine's comparision of some A-19 LED choices

There are occasions to point out a good cache of knowledge - or information - this relates to the task of buying LED lights for your home o…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

19 Feb 5, 2014
Reply by Eric Wu

Hiring BPI-Certified Energy Auditors

Thorpe Services is looking to hire a BPI-certified Energy Auditor and Auditor Supervisors in IN, OH, KY, NC, and SC. Look for more details…

Started by Everblue Training

0 Feb 5, 2014

Calculating BTU lost per cfm leaks

Hi everyone,     A couple of my colleagues were discussing the benefits of air sealing, when I was asked if I could quantify the actual va…

Started by Luis Hernandez

23 Feb 1, 2014
Reply by Dmitri A Martin

Energy Savings that Are Hot Air!

Energy Savings that Are Hot Air! : why doesn't this surprise me? The brits are able to do the real calculations, but we aren't. This articl…

Started by Tom DelConte

13 Jan 27, 2014
Reply by Tom Mallard

Remote temperature sensor for wired thermostat

This is a tricky one to google because "remote" is overshadowed by remote control apps for things like Nest thermostats. My problem is this…

Started by Tom S

5 Jan 23, 2014
Reply by dale conner

Fun with Fluids

Greetings ... We live at the bottom of an Ocean of Air.Does anyone want to "play with fluids"?Here is an interesting Video about "Stack Eff…

Started by John Brooks

2 Jan 22, 2014
Reply by Bud Poll

Calculating heat loss

Could anyone help me calculate a breakdown that shows  heat loss in BTU/hour that adds up to 100% and shows % or subtotals for the sub-cate…

Started by Luis Hernandez

3 Jan 21, 2014
Reply by Bud Poll

Peak Energy Saver

Is any one familiar with the Peak Energy Saver from www.peakenergytech.com  The unit is intended to store energy from motors used in the ho…

Started by Paul Stevens

21 Jan 16, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Any good supply distributors in Ohio?

Is anyone aware of a few decent Ohio distributor/wholesaler of energy and weatherization products? As supposed to the other “Big box boys”?…

Started by John Wes

5 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by Bill Spohn

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Jan Green replied to Rob Madden's discussion DOE Home Energy Score
"Agreed Sandy on all counts!   HES and HERS will be confusing to everyone that doesn't…"
13 minutes ago
Steven Lefler replied to David Eakin's discussion A Growing American Problem In Search Of Valid Answers
"Modular Lifestyles has developed proven Net Zero factory built as a modular or his HUD code…"
28 minutes ago
Joshua Fletcher posted a blog post

Are low-E glass windows good to install on desert homes?

Energy Efficient Windows That Lower Energy BillsThe technology used in windows continues to deliver…See More
29 minutes ago
tedkidd commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Natural Gas is Becoming Less Attractive
"We are taking people off of natural gas. It is making sense financially, and has unpriced health,…"
1 hour ago
Seth Romme commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Natural Gas is Becoming Less Attractive
"Thanks for the post! While true from the clean & environmental side, we (eFree Advisors)…"
3 hours ago
David Ware added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
Thumbnail

Weatherization and Testing Equipment for sale - Wisconsin

2000 Chev. W-4500 Tiltmaster Truck           Outfitted with shelving specific to insulation…See More
4 hours ago
David Ware joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
4 hours ago
Kobus Niemand commented on Alfie Davis's blog post Ways to Give Your Kitchen a Beautiful Makeover
"I got some new black and white granite tops to replace the old laminated stuff. They really change…"
7 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service