General Forum (699)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

On the Question of Airtightness and Energy Performance

It is my understanding that you need an airtight envelope (let's say less than or equal to 0.6 ACH) along with super insulation (whatever R…

Started by Kaushal Bharath Raju

28 Jun 20
Reply by Brennan Less

Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

I cannot find any conversion table that translates the BTU/hr heat loss in a Manual J report to the amount of fuel required to heat the bui…

Started by Dan Wise

13 Jun 19
Reply by eric anderson

Supply ventilation via inline fan and return duct

I am looking for a mechanical ventilation solution that is a step above the single supply or exhaust fan which is set to the required 62.2…

Started by Craig Bird

6 Jun 13
Reply by Air Track Inc

Successful Window Companies in EE

Hello everyone!  I'm looking for a window company, preferably in the SE, that has been really successful in the EE market. One of our partn…

Started by Daniel Tait

3 Jun 13
Reply by Tom Delconte

Where did you buy your LED lights?

I'm shopping around for LED lights and want to know about your experience if you bought LED lights before. Where did you buy them and why?…

Started by King Rosales

19 Jun 13
Reply by Thorfiredirect

DOE feedback on rooftop units

Our energy efficient coating has been applied to rooftop AC units for around 30 years.  I see those units by the hundreds everywhere as I a…

Started by Hal Skinner

0 Jun 11

What would be your preference?

Suppose a customer calls you about a split heat pump system which is leaking condensate from a hole in the evaporator pan during the summer…

Started by Tom Delconte

7 Jun 7
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

For decades tankless water heaters haven't been worth the effort to install due to our artificially low cost of natural gas in the USA and…

Started by Bob Blanchette

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

We have a small 1940s single level house (1005sqf) in Berkeley, California that is in need of a deep energy upgrade. Our plans include maki…

Started by Kaushal Bharath Raju

85 May 22
Reply by Kaushal Bharath Raju

When is it too windy to use blower door?

It has been a windy week out here in Phoenix, AZ this past week. I have a few tricks that I have used that works only sometimes. I use an e…

Started by Brandon Walton

9 May 20
Reply by David Baerg

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Ramon Aguirre replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Whole house fan basically serves the purpose of exhaust fans. They are more cheaper than air…"
3 hours ago
Brandon Walton commented on Brandon Walton's photo
Thumbnail

2014-07-25 15.17.30

"While performing a QC it is always good to look inside the return.........."
11 hours ago
Brandon Walton posted a photo

2014-07-25 15.17.30

Supposed Sealed Return Chase
11 hours ago
Brandon Walton commented on Diane Chojnowski's group Facebook Pages
12 hours ago
Brandon Walton joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Facebook Pages

Does your company or organization have a Facebook Page?This group is for pros who have facebook…See More
12 hours ago
Brandon Walton posted a discussion

12 Things Every Home Performance Contractor Should Have on Their Work Truck

Every home is unique and differs from the last. It would be a perfect world (from a project…See More
13 hours ago
Brandon Walton posted a blog post

12 Things Every Home Performance Contractor Should Have on Their Work Truck

Every home is unique and differs from the last. It would be a perfect world (from a project…See More
13 hours ago
Todd Collins replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Richard,   The study you cited states:    "Patrick N. Breysse, a public health…"
yesterday
Don Fitchett shared their blog post on Digg
yesterday
Don Fitchett shared their blog post on StumbleUpon
yesterday
Don Fitchett shared their blog post on Twitter
yesterday
Kurt Albershardt replied to John Shillito's discussion Fixing a water heater?
"2000 ppm CO is not a problem?  Really?  In what universe?"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service