General Forum (818)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ancient (70's) wall foam insulation, now a powder.

I just found a neighborhood of this stuff, degraded to a fine powder, can be disturbed by BD, This foam (back East) was urea/formaldehyde b…

Started by Tom Strumolo

6 Apr 2
Reply by tedkidd

Another unvented roof question

I have a gable roof that is now part of the conditioned space. can I use 8" of polyiso directly under the roof sheathing, foamed around the…

Started by randy tolowski

4 Mar 28
Reply by randy tolowski

NRG-1 polyiso

Hello fellow energy geeks.Does anyone have any information on a polyiso board named NRG-1? Johns- Manville produced NRG-2And now produces N…

Started by randy tolowski

0 Mar 27

BPI Introduces New BPI.org for Consumers

BPI has a new home on the web! BPI.org is a new interactive website designed to educate homeowners on the value of home performance energy…

Started by Mike Kandel

1 Mar 19
Reply by Ben Jacobs

Vented cathedral ceiling construction advice...

Had been planning on building an unvented cathedral ceiling, but have since realized I need to vent it! Here's where I'm at so far on my co…

Started by Tony Rigdon

8 Mar 11
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

Green Mortgage Appraisal Roundtable

For an overview of the March 11, 2014, roundtable at the White House Conference Center, take a look at my blog.  http://adomatis.wordpress.…

Started by Sandra K. Adomatis, SRA

1 Mar 8
Reply by Crosbey Archery

Tax Time Blues

There is a tax credit available to homeowners who have walls insulated. The credits were continued last year in a budget deal to cover tax…

Started by Jim Gunshinan

1 Mar 6
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

Should your local weatherization company be required to have someone BPI certified on their staff?

Hello, 9 out of ten 10 homes visited were supposed to have been weatherized. Upon inspection, I found air leakage around heating and domest…

Started by robert jones

6 Mar 5
Reply by Michael Dunseith

When your shower is in your kitchen...

Interesting question by Leanne Maxwell, former colleague at Home Energy: "Aside from all of the obvious logistical issues of having a showe…

Started by Jim Gunshinan

3 Mar 5
Reply by Stan Kuhn

Have you heard!? BPI's BSP Certificate Approved as Home Energy Score Prerequisite!

The Building Performance Institute's Building Science Principles (BSP) Certificate of Knowledge has been approved by the U.S. Department of…

Started by Mike Kandel

1 Mar 4
Reply by Ben Jacobs

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Profile IconJerrad Pierce, tracylee, Nevada Heating and 4 more joined Home Energy Pros
16 hours ago
Shawn Weeks posted a blog post
16 hours ago
Kirsten Richnavsky's discussion was featured

New BPI Standard for Conducting Energy Audits Published as an ANSI Standard!

The Standard Practice for Basic Analysis of Buildings defines the minimum criteria and specific…See More
18 hours ago
Daniel Beauchemin's photo was featured

Residential installation of a ThermoDrain TD342B

DWHR HERS Index Score Credit Calculation ProcedureUntil such time that DWHR system calculations…
18 hours ago
Tom White's 2 videos were featured
18 hours ago
Corbett Lunsford's video was featured

New Home FAIL: Infrared Secrets Revealed

Building forensics guru Corbett Lunsford can show you what's behind the walls of any house- or are you afraid to find out? Don't be! It's all generally fixab...
18 hours ago
Jose Macho's blog post was featured

Why Don't Homeowners Spend Money on Energy Saving Upgrades??? Blame "Cognitive Biases"

A great transcript from a recent NPR "Morning Edition" broadcast about a recent California survey…See More
18 hours ago
Elizabeth Guinn's discussion was featured

ERV in need of backflow preventer.

I installed an ERV on my last job with the intake and exhaust utilizing 6" round hard duct.  I have…See More
19 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service