General Forum (872)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Home Performance Diagnostics Roadshow: the Proof Is Possible Tour!

Fellow building performance professionals: We're tired of waiting for the energy programs, codes, governments, utilities, and big corpora…

Started by Corbett Lunsford

0 Oct 19

Solar Decathlon 2015

Are you following the Solar Decathlon competition this week? The U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon challenges collegiate teams to…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

3 Oct 19
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

Insulation machine preferences

I'm in the market for a new insulation machine and am unhappy with my existing plug in machine because it's broken down too many times in t…

Started by David Byrnes

2 Oct 15
Reply by Daniel

BPI Releases Revised Recertification Requirements for Home Energy Professional Certifications

Read more: BPI recently modified its recertification requirements for the advanced Home Energy Professional (HEP) ce…

Started by Quinn Korzeniecki

2 Oct 13
Reply by Quinn Korzeniecki

Thoughts on energy startup's new propane smart meter

Hello, I wanted to introduce you all to a new energy startup I am working with called Tank Utility. We have developed a WiFi-connected sma…

Started by Ethan Bukowiec

5 Oct 12
Reply by Jenna Popanova

Smoke Puffer stick

Does anyone have any suggestions for an easy to use and rugged smoke puffer stick? Prefer not to have to mix chemicals for each use. I used…

Started by John Carton

4 Oct 8
Reply by Colin Genge

Vinyl batt to metal frame ware house

I have a strange question that has never come up before.  I have a customer that would like vinyl batts adhered to the wall of a metal fram…

Started by Timothy Renz

5 Oct 8
Reply by Hal Skinner

What is the best energy auditing software?

Hi:   I have been using TREAT software to do my energy auditing reports. While this software is a powerful tool, its seems that it is desig…

Started by Kevin Eigel

17 Sep 24
Reply by Cameron Millard

Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?

I recently ran across a situation where a 40 gallon electric water heater was cycling on and off every five minutes or so. While monitoring…

Started by Rod Fox

19 Sep 24
Reply by tedkidd

Over 100,000 New HVACR Mechanics and Installers Needed in Next Seven Years

From the HVACR/WDF press release: The HVACR Workforce Development Foundation (WDF) released three new reports and an accompanying executive…

Started by Tom White

0 Sep 21

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Profile IconDenise Cooper, Maren Cooke, Steven Antonini and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
Crosbey Archery joined Allison A. Bailes III's group

HVAC design, Manuals J, S, T, & D, Duct leakage, Air flow, ENERGY STAR new home requirements,…See More
Crosbey Archery commented on Ottawa Furnace Filters's blog post Some Useful Information about Furnace Air Filters
"This post is really helpful especially to those homeowners who are still confused on what to…"
Diane Chojnowski posted videos
Diane Chojnowski posted a discussion

Incentives & financing options for home energy upgrades has a useful database of incentives and financing options for home energy efficiency…See More
George Kopf commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post My Fall Into The Smart Home, Lazy Life
"Matt, Another way of looking at this is that by freeing up my time/brain power, I can give more…"
Chris Laumer-Giddens's blog post was featured

Sparky Doubled the Air Leakage in this Home!

Sparky Doubled the Air Leakage in this HomeThis is the home.This is the hole that Sparky…See More
Chris Laumer-Giddens posted a blog post

Sparky Doubled the Air Leakage in this Home!

Sparky Doubled the Air Leakage in this HomeThis is the home.This is the hole that Sparky…See More

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service