General Forum (744)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is Geothermal Dead??

With air source inverter-based splits continuing to achieve lower outdoor temperature heat extraction, low operating costs coupled with hig…

Started by Jose Macho

0 Oct 16

You're designing a Home Performance dashboard. Which 6 metrics do you include?

Credit Karma got me thinking about this. For those who are unfamiliar, it's a free* online credit monitoring service. Your score is broken…

Started by Griffin Hagle

0 Oct 14

RCC as interior paint in a house that DOES have R-rated insulation.

Here is a few pictures, a statement and a copy of the electric bill from a homeowner.  He had the interior walls and ceiling painted with t…

Started by Hal Skinner

2 Oct 9
Reply by Hal Skinner

RESNET CAZ Training

Not BPI Certified & looking for a RESNET CAZ training in the Pacific NW?  I've only found 1 and it's full.  Anybody know of any in Wash…

Started by Kent Mitchell

0 Oct 9

BPI's Building Science Principles Second Edition Now Available

HAVE YOU HEARD!? Today, BPI released the second edition of the Building Science Principles Certificate Exam and Reference Guide! The second…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Oct 9

Starting a Home Weatherization Business. Considering it...

I am considering starting a home weatherization business. (I live in Southeast Alabama)  Currently I own a construction company and I do mo…

Started by Trip Smith

12 Oct 4
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Real Estate Professionals need our support - but how?

I recently had the good luck to meet Craig Foley.  Craig is a Real Estate Professional and Building Performance advocate and he sent me thi…

Started by George Kopf

7 Oct 2
Reply by Tom Conlon

Placement of 5/8" firewall, over or under foam board insulation?

I'm adding onto my personal residence and since the house is within five feet of the property line, I'm being required to install 5/8" dryw…

Started by Tony Rigdon

16 Oct 2
Reply by Hal Skinner

BPI to Co-Host First Ever Home Performance Pavilion at 2014 Remodeling Show & DeckExpo

Register Today for a Free Two-Day Exhibit Hall Admission and 20% Discount on All-Access Conference Pass BPI Booth #4129 Join BPI at the Rem…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Oct 2

Looking for home improvement companies to join our dealer network!

My name is Casey Gesell and I'm the Business Development Manager at Dr. Energy Saver, Inc. Dr. Energy Saver is the nation’s largest and fas…

Started by Casey Gesell

0 Oct 1

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Kris Grube added a discussion to the group Job Board
Thumbnail

Good Energy Retrofit, Portland, Or. Hiring Home Performance Salesperson.

Good Energy Retrofit is a small and focused, woman owned and operated, specialty residential…See More
2 hours ago
Benjamin Gromicko posted events
3 hours ago
Nate Adams joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Hall of Shame

In this group, members share an array of images from the field, showing the kinds of issues…See More
4 hours ago
tedkidd commented on Diane Chojnowski's group Hall of Shame
"Give this thread a bump - here's my "bad" album and some of the…"
4 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus commented on Adam Swain's blog post Top Worst Crawl Space Insulation Ideas
"6) Radiant barrier- under the gravel is just a barrier but with holes each square inch its not a…"
4 hours ago
tedkidd replied to Luis Hernandez's discussion Distribution Efficiency and heating safety factor in TREAT in the group TREAT Software
"It is very common to find equipment grossly oversized. I mean 1.5 - 2x Manual J and 2-3x the size…"
4 hours ago
tedkidd replied to Luis Hernandez's discussion Basic Heat loss information in the group TREAT Software
"Luis,  Click "selected reports, energy savings and use, design heating and cooling…"
4 hours ago
Ed Minch replied to Kurt Shafer's discussion Where can I find the best radiant barrier to install under my roof?
"The important thing here is the surface temperature of the ceiling against the attic as compared to…"
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service