General Forum (944)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Shell Sealing Limits to Existing Homes

What is the appropriate level to shell seal existing homes, in a cost-effective manner. Is it appropriate to target the sealing goal to cur…

Started by Tom Barrett

5 Aug 11
Reply by tedkidd

Do You Have New Windows? Please help NREL research lowering costs of window installations.

Did you recently replace the windows in your home? If so, you can help advance research that could reduce the cost of replacement windows.…

Started by Jorn Aabakken

1 Aug 11
Reply by Sydney G. Roberts

Foam insulation on attic floor

Started by Larry Nissman

13 Aug 11
Reply by tedkidd

ENERGY STAR - Slab Insulation

Folks, Let's say I have a client who's building slab on grade and intending to certify E-STAR.  I'm in CZ 5B.  According to the Thermal En…

Started by Melissa Baldridge

2 Jul 29
Reply by Melissa Baldridge

Vent Cap Systems and SENSIT Technologies Products Added to BPI Product List

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) has recognized four new products in its Product Listing Program that meet or exceed industry…

Started by Quinn Korzeniecki

0 Jul 25

White Paper: Duct Airtightness Testing

Executive Summary This paper explains important considerations that help weatherization professionals and HVAC contractors identify the…

Started by Kim Tanner

0 Jul 15

Tax credit for wood burning stove?

On http://www.wisconsinwoodenergy.org/find-a-grant-to-fund-your-project.html it says that wood burning stoves qualify for up to a $300 inco…

Started by Derrick Koehn

0 Jul 7

Poll: What is you favorite or most important home performance diagnostic or measurement tool?

Take our latest poll: What is you favorite or most important home performance diagnostic or measurement tool? Feel free to discuss this t…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

6 Jul 7
Reply by Pat Dundon

BPI Healthy Home Evaluator (HHE) Second Pilot Certification Form Now Available

In the beginning of April, BPI launched the first form of the Healthy Home Evaluator (HHE) credential pilot exam at the ACI National Home P…

Started by Quinn Korzeniecki

0 Jul 6

Real World Ceiling Fan CFM

Has anybody done testing on delivered CFM of ceiling fans? Energy star has a test room where the blades are 40 5/8" from the ceiling, but t…

Started by Bob Blanchette

3 Jul 3
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Diane Chojnowski replied to John Nicholas's discussion Slab Edge Insulation - A Side Thread to Melissa's Question
"Great videos Daniel. Would you please add them to our videos…"
15 hours ago
David Holtzclaw replied to Steve Mann's discussion Alnor 6200 LoFlo Capture Hood in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Hi Steve I'm interested 402-213-3788 dholtzclaw@transductiontechnologies.com thanks david "
yesterday
Eric Kjelshus replied to Steve Mann's discussion Alnor 6200 LoFlo Capture Hood in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"call me Monday 816-537-5100 "
yesterday
Steve Mann added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
Thumbnail

Alnor 6200 LoFlo Capture Hood

I've got an Alnor 6200 Balometer (Flowhood) I'd like to get rid of. No longer needed--I have a big…See More
yesterday
Paul Raymer posted an event
Thumbnail

MA Crew Chief/BPI Building Analyst Training at Bristol Community College at Commonwealth Landing

September 12, 2016 at 9am to September 16, 2016 at 4:30pm
Bristol Community College has created a hands-on training cabin in their laboratory.  This class…See More
yesterday
Daniel Morrison replied to John Nicholas's discussion Slab Edge Insulation - A Side Thread to Melissa's Question
"John, I just collaborated with Steve Baczek on a few videos for ProTradeCraft about slab insulation…"
yesterday
Profile IconMichael Sumpter and Bill Gartner joined Home Energy Pros
Friday
Malcolm Jackson joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
Friday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service