General Forum (966)

Featured Discussions

DOE Home Energy Score

Is anybody out there using the DOE Home Energy Score?  If so, are you using it as a supplement to current WAP/home performance work or are…

Started by Rob MaddenLatest Reply

How do you define and guarantee quality?

Proof is possible!  That's the motto and mantra of Corbett and Grace Lunsford, with the Chicago-based Building Performance Workshop. They a…

Started by Tom WhiteLatest Reply

BBRN Peer Exchange Call Summaries - Great archive!

Have you joined any of the Better Building Residential Network's peer exchange calls? These topical calls are more discussion than webinar…

Started by Diane ChojnowskiLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Lighting replacement - 300 watt LED flood light

Dear all, I am going to replace the HPS with the LED in the backyard. May I ask that are core, universe LED flood lights suitable? Thanks a…

Started by Mary Sinkler

1 on Friday
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Home Performance is Failing - let's turn that around?

Originally posted here  Home performance is failing, yet there is a large contingent unwilling to acknowledge it is failing. It is failing…

Started by tedkidd

7 on Tuesday
Reply by tedkidd

EZ Green Home is Hiring!

EZ Green Home is looking for a few good women and men in Maryland interested in doing home performance audits, quick home energy check-ups,…

Started by Chloe Chapman

0 Jan 5

What were R-value requirements of various code versions?

I'm trying to figure out what level of attic, wall, basement wall insulation levels were required by the different code versions over the y…

Started by Martin Newmark

8 Jan 5
Reply by Martin Newmark

Get Featured on BPI's New Website!

Want your company featured on BPI's future new professionals site? It's great, free marketing for you and your company! Comment your images…

Started by Quinn Korzeniecki

0 Jan 5

DOE Home Energy Score

Is anybody out there using the DOE Home Energy Score?  If so, are you using it as a supplement to current WAP/home performance work or are…

Started by Rob Madden

12 Jan 4
Reply by Brett Little

How do you define and guarantee quality?

Proof is possible!  That's the motto and mantra of Corbett and Grace Lunsford, with the Chicago-based Building Performance Workshop. They a…

Started by Tom White

8 Dec 29, 2016
Reply by Brett Little

Blower Door Testing With James Brown...

had to laugh when I saw this on YouTube...

Started by Rob Madden

0 Dec 13, 2016

Eliminating Standing Pilot Light Furnaces

If one had a large-scale home retrofit program with the goal of saving energy, what would be the pros and cons of a policy to replace all s…

Started by Barbara Smith

18 Dec 12, 2016
Reply by Allan Bullis

What is the value of using a pressure pan to test outlets?

I had this question recently and my response was: If the blower door takes the home up to 50 Pa, and the pressure pan reading across the ou…

Started by Colin Genge

19 Dec 8, 2016
Reply by Kelly

RSS

Featured Forum Discussions

Glass Block Windows

Started by Ken Kalke in Best Practices. Last reply by Sean Lintow Sr on Saturday. 1 Reply

What's the Most Profitable HVAC Job for Your Company?

Started by Wayne Melancon in HVAC. Last reply by Ken Kalke on Friday. 1 Reply

Lighting replacement - 300 watt LED flood light

Started by Mary Sinkler in General Forum. Last reply by Eric Kjelshus on Friday. 1 Reply

EZ Green Home is Hiring!

Started by Chloe Chapman in General Forum Jan 5. 0 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Latest Activity

Bruce Fillmore joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Home Energy Pros on Twitter

We've created a twitter list of members of Home Energy Pros who tweet about home performance and…See More
39 minutes ago
Bruce Fillmore posted photos
54 minutes ago
Profile IconMark Freeman and Bruce Fillmore joined Home Energy Pros
18 hours ago
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Ken Kalke's discussion Glass Block Windows
"Well as most I know (if not all) wont meet the energy code - none and for those that do opt…"
Saturday
Steve Gadsby posted a photo
Friday
Steve Gadsby commented on Perry Ning's blog post Warnings About Portable Air Conditioners
"We couldn't agree more about the problems caused by portable air conditioners. Here at Canada…"
Friday
Diane Chojnowski commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post New Case Study: Arizona Leverages Industry Standards to Improve Home Performance Program
"Ted. I followed the link and found a place to download the Case Study on PDF:…"
Friday
Dale@EnergyWright commented on Joseph Burley's blog post Asbestos Shingle Nailpoint Debris
"I don't buy it. Shingles are typically pre-drilled and nails are pointy and wiped clean in the…"
Friday

Home Energy Pros

Welcome to Home Energy Pros – the unique digital community by and for those who work in the home energy performance arena.

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (supported by the U.S. Department of Energy) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network. Please honor our Guidelines

© 2017   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service