General Forum (951)

Featured Discussions

BPI Announces the Jon Siemen Memorial Scholarship Program

Malta, NY, September 12, 2016 - The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is proud to announce the Jon Siemen Memorial Scholarship Pro…

Started by Quinn KorzenieckiLatest Reply

Linda Wiggington honored with 2016 Conservation Luminary Award

Linda Wiggington is the recipient of 2016 Conservation Luminary Award, which is given by CCI, a Pittsburgh-based nonprofit that advances h…

Started by Diane ChojnowskiLatest Reply

Shell Sealing Limits to Existing Homes

What is the appropriate level to shell seal existing homes, in a cost-effective manner. Is it appropriate to target the sealing goal to cur…

Started by Tom BarrettLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Studies re: radon mitigation and energy efficiency

Hello Home Energy Pros, I'm looking for resources, articles, studies about how radon mitigation systems impact energy efficiency (electrici…

Started by Kevin Emerson

5 yesterday
Reply by John Nicholas

Testing spillage on induced draft furnace?

Hi, in order to test spillage on an induced draft furnace, the BPI tech specs say to test at the base of the flue. Does this mean that spil…

Started by Blake Shurtz

1 on Thursday
Reply by Judy Rachel

RETON Fresh 80/98 ventilator

Has anyone tried this product without an (ERV or HRV) to supply fresh air to a residential house?

Started by Steven Lefler

0 on Thursday

ERV Configuration

Greetings everyone,      I did an energy audit on this new home that is too tight and needs mechanical ventilation, so I thought to tell t…

Started by Luis Hernandez

21 on Monday
Reply by Rich Manning

BPI Announces the Jon Siemen Memorial Scholarship Program

Malta, NY, September 12, 2016 - The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is proud to announce the Jon Siemen Memorial Scholarship Pro…

Started by Quinn Korzeniecki

1 on Monday
Reply by Rich Manning

Snugg Pro launches DOE Home Energy Score feature

Just a heads up: Snugg Pro now lets users get a Home Energy Score without ever leaving the app .   You'll need to be an approved DOE assess…

Started by Benjamin Mailian

0 Sep 13

Linda Wiggington honored with 2016 Conservation Luminary Award

Linda Wiggington is the recipient of 2016 Conservation Luminary Award, which is given by CCI, a Pittsburgh-based nonprofit that advances h…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

3 Sep 12
Reply by Alice La Pierre

Slab Edge Insulation - A Side Thread to Melissa's Question

Melissa Baldridge inquired about installing slab edge insulation on a potential E-Star certified project.   Her question is a great one for…

Started by John Nicholas

4 Sep 2
Reply by Tony Hicks

Healthy Home Evaluator Pilot Exam Closes September 9, 2016

Malta, NY, August 29, 2016 - The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) will complete the Healthy Home Evaluator (HHE) pilot on Friday,…

Started by Quinn Korzeniecki

0 Aug 29

Indoor Air Quality Monitors and Meters

I'm considering purchasing the AirAdvice for Homes indoor air quality monitor but it seems to have a steep price attached to it.   I have a…

Started by Rob Madden, Solar Home Broker

11 Aug 26
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

George Matthews replied to George Matthews's discussion Shortridge 8400 Flowhood for A/C airflow testing in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Here are the pics of the flowhood and airdata manometer"
yesterday
Sarah Holloway posted a photo
yesterday
Joe Urycki added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
Thumbnail

TEC blower door and UEI combustion analyzer for sale

For sale is one used TEC Minneapolis blower door system: Includes model 3 fan with rings A and B,…See More
yesterday
John Nicholas replied to Kevin Emerson's discussion Studies re: radon mitigation and energy efficiency
"The Nay side is well represented with the links already posted. I presented a neutral side, with…"
yesterday
Ray Lehman replied to Kevin Emerson's discussion Studies re: radon mitigation and energy efficiency
"Hey John, Thanks for the information.  Very good empirical data. While I agree that running…"
Friday
John Nicholas replied to Kevin Emerson's discussion Studies re: radon mitigation and energy efficiency
"I have no links, just some anecdotal evidence. I had several Blower Door Tests done on my own home.…"
Friday
Chris Laumer-Giddens commented on Chris Laumer-Giddens's blog post Raising the BARrier in North Carolina Mountain Home, Air Tight Ceiling
"@Joe Nagan, We have found this technique to be WAY simpler and A LOT less labor than making a…"
Thursday
Judy Rachel replied to Blake Shurtz's discussion Testing spillage on induced draft furnace?
"I hope the attached picture is clear enough for you to see.  As the caption on the picture…"
Thursday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service