General Forum (837)

Featured Discussions

Blower Door Testing for Code Compliance

I am interested to know how those who include blower door testing of new homes as a part of their business are able to maintain that servic…

Started by Eric SperlineLatest Reply

Duct blaster with asbestos?

I'd like to know if BPI has banned the use of the duct blaster in the presence of asbestos ductwork. Is this the case? If there is any docu…

Started by Blake ShurtzLatest Reply

Crawl spaces and attics: OSHA to implement new rule on confined spaces

OSHA’s new rule designed to protect workers in confined spaces takes effect on August 3rd, 2015. Routine tasks like installing spray-foam i…

Started by Kirsten RichnavskyLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

I would like to know if you have experienced cost saving by switching to tankless? If you have a whole house or just one faucet? What brand…

Started by Damien Greenfield

84 13 hours ago
Reply by tedkidd

Modeling a Gas Fireplace in Wrightsoft

Any advice on how to factor a gas fireplace into a Wrightsoft Manual J model? Seems like it would reduce the required heat from the central…

Started by Bachi Brunato

1 yesterday
Reply by David Baerg

First NC and now GA - Building Performance Associations taking shape

Hi All - Just a quick "this is what we're up to" for the community. The NC Building Performance Association is now 18 months old and doing…

Started by Ryan Miller

0 yesterday

PHIUS+2015 Climate-Specific Passive Building Standard

From Home Energy's July/August issue, written by Mike Knezovich, Director of Communications for PHIUS: In March, Passive House Institute US…

Started by Jim Gunshinan

6 on Thursday
Reply by terry nordbye

Green Mortgage Appraisal Roundtable

For an overview of the March 11, 2014, roundtable at the White House Conference Center, take a look at my blog.  http://adomatis.wordpress.…

Started by Sandra K. Adomatis, SRA

2 on Thursday
Reply by Evan Mills

Software

Hello everyone. I am new in the business , can you folks please tell me what software I can get to help with REM RATE calculations and what…

Started by Benny hani

5 on Monday
Reply by Benny hani

Role of Quoting Software in New Age Business

Quoting Software  has unique significance in current business age and it is an unavoidable entity. It is an effective method which offers…

Started by Richardson Fred

0 on Monday

AERC testing and Solar Grates update

AERC of WCMA has been created to test the effectiveness of window attachments and to design an Energy Star type rating system to cover thes…

Started by w d

6 Jul 26
Reply by romeo traian

Alternative building methods comparison

Evening, First post- pardon any mis-steps. I need some advice on how polyiso foam placed outside of a stick built house performs compared…

Started by Kurt Ruark

0 Jul 25

Blower Door Testing for Code Compliance

I am interested to know how those who include blower door testing of new homes as a part of their business are able to maintain that servic…

Started by Eric Sperline

13 Jul 23
Reply by Donald Jahnke

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Profile IconJohn Doe and Ariston C. Hernandez Jr. joined Home Energy Pros
10 minutes ago
tedkidd replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"Bob, here is where our perspectives diverge. I think people should switch to electric because they…"
13 hours ago
tedkidd replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"Here our thinking falls out of alignment. Going to electric is default for me. People can't…"
13 hours ago
Bob Blanchette replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"If you are going to stay with gas service, might as well keep the gas water heater. Switching gas…"
13 hours ago
"8 people, sometimes under 10 therms. Just not enough energy used heating water to get obsessive…"
14 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"Biggest is to keep the CO  or other gas down in building  "
14 hours ago
Bob Blanchette replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"Look at your SUMMER gas bill where water heating accounts for most of your gas use. 10-15 therms…"
14 hours ago
"The marathon fails miserably in operating costs when compared to an ordinary gas water heater.. NG…"
14 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service