General Forum (753)

Featured Discussions

BPI QCI Cert.

Does anyone on here have the new QCI Cert.   I have my written and field test then 2nd week of Dec.  I know a lot of people here in Maine h…

Started by Chad McaulifeLatest Reply

Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

I would like to know if you have experienced cost saving by switching to tankless? If you have a whole house or just one faucet? What brand…

Started by Damien GreenfieldLatest Reply

DOE’s New Solution Center Shares Residential Energy Efficiency Program Strategies

DOE has launched the Better Buildings Residential Program Solution Center, an online resource for residential energy efficiency program adm…

Started by Better Buildings SupportLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

BPI QCI Cert.

Does anyone on here have the new QCI Cert.   I have my written and field test then 2nd week of Dec.  I know a lot of people here in Maine h…

Started by Chad Mcaulife

16 9 hours ago
Reply by Bud Poll

Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

I would like to know if you have experienced cost saving by switching to tankless? If you have a whole house or just one faucet? What brand…

Started by Damien Greenfield

10 yesterday
Reply by peter chang

Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?

Ok, just want to throw this out there. I live in the high desert, 6800' or so. My house is pretty well insulated, and gets great passive so…

Started by peter chang

4 yesterday
Reply by peter chang

Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?

Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?   Multi-family dwelling units aside here.  Single family homes…

Started by Hal Skinner

1 on Saturday
Reply by Bob Blanchette

How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

I am asking this as I do not recall anyone speaking of any study to this end.  Many comments about adding insulation under a house with a c…

Started by Hal Skinner

39 on Friday
Reply by Tom Mallard

Crawl Encap job critique

Hello All, I'm just looking to the forum to see what you guys think of my crawl encapsulation and if you would have changed anything. Also,…

Started by Jason

0 on Thursday

RESNET CAZ Training

Not BPI Certified & looking for a RESNET CAZ training in the Pacific NW?  I've only found 1 and it's full.  Anybody know of any in Wash…

Started by Kent Mitchell

1 on Tuesday
Reply by Everblue

Where did you buy your LED lights?

I'm shopping around for LED lights and want to know about your experience if you bought LED lights before. Where did you buy them and why?…

Started by King Rosales

23 Nov 14
Reply by Dennis Heidner

CREIA to Recognize Building Science Principles (BSP) Certificate for Continuing Education

The California Real Estate Inspection Association (CREIA) has recognized BPI's Building Science Principles (BSP) Certificate of Knowledge f…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Nov 12

DOE’s New Solution Center Shares Residential Energy Efficiency Program Strategies

DOE has launched the Better Buildings Residential Program Solution Center, an online resource for residential energy efficiency program adm…

Started by Better Buildings Support

1 Nov 9
Reply by Jason Hiep

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bud Poll replied to Chad Mcaulife's discussion BPI QCI Cert.
"I can't think of any test I've ever taken where I wasn't able to determine what I…"
9 hours ago
jerry gentile replied to Chad Mcaulife's discussion BPI QCI Cert.
"you are spot on my friend-- during the exam I said this is ridiculous--- I have bpi certs for…"
14 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Caculation
"IT all matters,  I lot of sealing,  A lot of air barrier.  A lot of "R" A…"
yesterday
Michael Dunseith posted a status
"BPI Infiltration and Duct leakage (IDL) Certified"
yesterday
Jeremy Begley posted a blog post
yesterday
Kim Burnett joined Sean Lintow Sr's group
Thumbnail

Best Practices (Residential)

Best Building, Retrofitting, or even Auditing Practices - what are they, what should change, what…See More
yesterday
Kent Mitchell commented on Adam Swain's blog post Top Worst Crawl Space Insulation Ideas
"Hi Adam - It sounds like you may be referring to enclosed crawlspaces - Here in the NW we've…"
yesterday
peter chang replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"I think it is quite possible the greatest savings will be realized by the lowest volume users. I…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service