General Forum (760)

Featured Discussions

Blower Door Question

We are having a friendly (so far) discussion here on the following. When you initially run your blower door to -50pa all the holes, cracks,…

Started by billy g pinnick jrLatest Reply

"The Dangers of Using Spray Foam Insulation"

This post is an informational post to help advise you and your workers from falling victim to the misleading beliefs of so many in the cons…

Started by Richard BeyerLatest Reply

Workflow processes

Wondering if you have any experience with workflow programs?  Good ones, bad ones, industry specific?  Pros and cons? Thanks!

Started by Kent MitchellLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Blower Door Question

We are having a friendly (so far) discussion here on the following. When you initially run your blower door to -50pa all the holes, cracks,…

Started by billy g pinnick jr

13 1 hour ago
Reply by Colin Genge

BPI QCI Cert.

Does anyone on here have the new QCI Cert.   I have my written and field test then 2nd week of Dec.  I know a lot of people here in Maine h…

Started by Chad Mcaulife

17 yesterday
Reply by Chad Mcaulife

Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

I would like to know if you have experienced cost saving by switching to tankless? If you have a whole house or just one faucet? What brand…

Started by Damien Greenfield

38 on Monday
Reply by Tom Mallard

"The Dangers of Using Spray Foam Insulation"

This post is an informational post to help advise you and your workers from falling victim to the misleading beliefs of so many in the cons…

Started by Richard Beyer

11 on Saturday
Reply by Richard Beyer

Take the truckload of chocolate away from the 5 year olds.

Does anyone else feel the present precipitous drop in energy costs in these United States is a catastrophe?  Does anyone else feel the US G…

Started by Pat Dundon

2 Dec 11
Reply by Leslie McDowell, BPI

LED use in the summer

As  the use of LED lighting becomes typical or commonplace there are a few benefits that apply to their use during the hot summer months; B…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

4 Dec 8
Reply by reflintorm

Cellulose As An Air Seal

I often hear people proclaim that a thick layer of cellulose will seal all of those air leaks below, thus eliminating the need to dig throu…

Started by Bud Poll

14 Dec 7
Reply by Bpb Farmer

Sorry, couldnt resist

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Started by Hal Skinner

2 Dec 5
Reply by Hal Skinner

Dual Fuel Systems, at what point do they make sense?

Heat Pump with furnace backup. These make no sense in our area with local NG rates, but they do make sense for LP. Our NG is cheap, but the…

Started by Bob Blanchette

2 Dec 4
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Workflow processes

Wondering if you have any experience with workflow programs?  Good ones, bad ones, industry specific?  Pros and cons? Thanks!

Started by Kent Mitchell

1 Dec 4
Reply by Dmitri A Martin

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Colin Genge replied to billy g pinnick jr's discussion Blower Door Question
"I didn't take your comment as a challenge. I agree that his impression of what was occuring is…"
1 hour ago
Tom White posted a blog post

Clean Energy Works Oregon: Total Home Performance

Clean Energy Works Oregon (CEWO) is the largest nonprofit home performance provider in Oregon,…See More
4 hours ago
Tom White posted a video

Twas The Night Before a Clean Energy Christmas

From the foothills of the Rockies, RMI editorial director Pete Bronski reads 'Twas The Night Before a Clean Energy Christmas. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
4 hours ago
Chad Mcaulife commented on Green Jobs Training Center's photo
4 hours ago
Chie Kawahara's discussion was featured

THC Candidate Shares Energy Data

Midori Haus, a Passive House retrofit in Santa Cruz California and a Thousand Home Challenge…See More
4 hours ago
Bob Blanchette's discussion was featured

How does Cycles Per Hour affect real world AFUE?

Some claim that modern furnaces have minimized off cycle losses to the point they no longer matter.…See More
4 hours ago
Dale Stephens's blog post was featured

LED Lighting 24-month update 18,240 hours & counting

Background:In November 2012 I replaced 80% of my home's interior lighting with LEDs (35 bulbs…See More
4 hours ago
Home Energy Magazine's blog post was featured
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service