Best Practices (32)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Venting a clothes dryer through an unheated garage

We recently vented a gas clothes dryer through an attached and unheated garage, to an outside wall of the garage. We are located in Central…

Started by Brad Cook

10 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Making crawlspaces conditioned space

I am working, doing audits, with a contractor who tends to make basements, crawlspaces into conditioned space. Especially when all or most…

Started by Evan Riter

37 Jan 3, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

Best Energy Myths

What are some of the best energy myths you have ever heard? I think this could be good for a couple of laughs. I will start: Incandescent l…

Started by Silas Inman

40 Dec 27, 2012
Reply by Nehemiah Stone

Duct Cleaning? Good value or a waste of money?

I have lots of my auditing customers who ask me about duct cleaning, and if they should do it.  It seems like the only way to get them real…

Started by Gordon Smith

21 Dec 22, 2012
Reply by Robert H

Tired of climbing ladders and reaching to find air leaks during blower door test I have a solution!!!

Yes, a thermal image camera is a good way, but a better way to instantly see the leak and the cfm amount of the leak-- try using the Alnor…

Started by Damien Herold

17 Nov 26, 2012
Reply by Damien Herold

Insulating floors above basements with fuel-fired boilers\furnaces.

There has been some back and forth in my circles about whether or not to insulate floors above basements with fossil fuel boilers and furna…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

23 Nov 3, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

Another Irreverent Whine from Dr. Joe

Anyone have any thoughts on this one? BSI-064: Bobby Darin and Thermal Performance By Joseph Lstiburek Created: 2012/10/08 http://www…

Started by Robert Riversong

12 Oct 22, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

Residential ventilation levels

I'm looking for clarification on required ventilation levels in residential settings.  For instance if I have a home that indicates an ach…

Started by Eric Sperline

38 Sep 16, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

Knob and Tube

TVA prepared a detailed retrofit manual in the 1970s for its residential retrofit program that led to 1.2 million homes being upgraded. The…

Started by Bob Sullivan

0 Mar 8, 2012

Mechanical Ventilation per ASHRAE 62.2

Hello All, We are working on a project with Habitat and our trying to provide recommendations for ventilation. We would like to see them in…

Started by Stefan Peter-Contesse

5 Mar 6, 2012
Reply by George W. Reynolds

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Amber Vignieri posted a blog post
2 hours ago
Barbara Smith's video was featured

Weatherization: Crawl Spaces

Crawl Spaces - Training for Weatherization Installers. Re-posted from Seventhwave.org
3 hours ago
Kelly replied to Colin Genge's discussion What is the value of using a pressure pan to test outlets?
"Hi Colin, I like using the pressure pans at outlets to guide my inspections once I'm in the…"
20 hours ago
Leo Klisch commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Natural Gas is Becoming Less Attractive
"It seems a bit wasteful to use NG for such a low temperature application as space heat. If a heat…"
21 hours ago
HomeWiz posted photos
22 hours ago
Kobus Niemand commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post A Healthy Home and a Healthy Bottom Line
"Thanks for the download! Great paper,  Homes receiving EE can experience increases in radon…"
22 hours ago
Jan Green replied to Rob Madden's discussion DOE Home Energy Score
"Agreed Sandy on all counts!   HES and HERS will be confusing to everyone that doesn't…"
23 hours ago
Steven Lefler replied to David Eakin's discussion A Growing American Problem In Search Of Valid Answers
"Modular Lifestyles has developed proven Net Zero factory built as a modular or his HUD code…"
23 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service