Best Practices (28)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Insulating floors above basements with fuel-fired boilers\furnaces.

There has been some back and forth in my circles about whether or not to insulate floors above basements with fossil fuel boilers and furna…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

23 Nov 3, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

Another Irreverent Whine from Dr. Joe

Anyone have any thoughts on this one? BSI-064: Bobby Darin and Thermal Performance By Joseph Lstiburek Created: 2012/10/08 http://www…

Started by Robert Riversong

12 Oct 22, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

Residential ventilation levels

I'm looking for clarification on required ventilation levels in residential settings.  For instance if I have a home that indicates an ach…

Started by Eric Sperline

38 Sep 16, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

Knob and Tube

TVA prepared a detailed retrofit manual in the 1970s for its residential retrofit program that led to 1.2 million homes being upgraded. The…

Started by Bob Sullivan

0 Mar 8, 2012

Mechanical Ventilation per ASHRAE 62.2

Hello All, We are working on a project with Habitat and our trying to provide recommendations for ventilation. We would like to see them in…

Started by Stefan Peter-Contesse

5 Mar 6, 2012
Reply by George W. Reynolds

Knob and tube

Wondering what best practices are for attics with ancient knob/tube wiring.  I'm doing the research, so I'm looking for sources (Codes, ASH…

Started by Tom Strumolo

9 Mar 2, 2012
Reply by Chris Stratton

To replace old leaky ducts with new flex ducts or to seal the old with mastic?

A number of home energy pros I'm in discussion with don't think there is much use in keeping old ducts and prefer to replace them with new…

Started by George M. Matthews

9 Jan 18, 2012
Reply by Philip Green

Measured Home Performance - Print-on-demand Best Practices Guide for Retrofits (California Report)

Everybody,If you work or live in California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico (or in parts of other States that have similar climates and constr…

Started by Lew Harriman

0 Dec 6, 2011

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Tom White posted videos
1 hour ago
Maria Lacey replied to Linda Wigington's discussion Low-cost electricity monitoring: Accuracy & Applications in the group 1000 Home Challenge
"I attempted to use an AZTech device. I have used the Watt Stopper, Watts Up Pro, Kill-A-Watt…"
5 hours ago
Maria Lacey joined David Eggleton's group
Thumbnail

1000 Home Challenge

Linda Wigington distinguished between deep retrofits & deep energy reductions, thus expanding…See More
5 hours ago
Profile IconCynthia Sandherr, James Skeldon, Mathew Castel and 3 more joined Home Energy Pros
7 hours ago
Andy Li replied to David Parker's discussion Energy auditor equipment for sale- blower door, duct tester,combustion analyzer in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Is Minneapolis Duct Blaster still available? send some photos and how much do you ask for? my…"
10 hours ago
Andy Li joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
10 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Richard Beyer's discussion What's your opinion on the best insulation option for your GREEN attic space?
"Mornin Richard, Maybe 'Options' might be more appropriate here?  We take the path…"
13 hours ago
Richard Beyer posted a discussion
14 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service