Best Practices (29)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Insulating floors above basements with fuel-fired boilers\furnaces.

There has been some back and forth in my circles about whether or not to insulate floors above basements with fossil fuel boilers and furna…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

23 Nov 3, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

Another Irreverent Whine from Dr. Joe

Anyone have any thoughts on this one? BSI-064: Bobby Darin and Thermal Performance By Joseph Lstiburek Created: 2012/10/08 http://www…

Started by Robert Riversong

12 Oct 22, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

Residential ventilation levels

I'm looking for clarification on required ventilation levels in residential settings.  For instance if I have a home that indicates an ach…

Started by Eric Sperline

38 Sep 16, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

Knob and Tube

TVA prepared a detailed retrofit manual in the 1970s for its residential retrofit program that led to 1.2 million homes being upgraded. The…

Started by Bob Sullivan

0 Mar 8, 2012

Mechanical Ventilation per ASHRAE 62.2

Hello All, We are working on a project with Habitat and our trying to provide recommendations for ventilation. We would like to see them in…

Started by Stefan Peter-Contesse

5 Mar 6, 2012
Reply by George W. Reynolds

Knob and tube

Wondering what best practices are for attics with ancient knob/tube wiring.  I'm doing the research, so I'm looking for sources (Codes, ASH…

Started by Tom Strumolo

9 Mar 2, 2012
Reply by Chris Stratton

To replace old leaky ducts with new flex ducts or to seal the old with mastic?

A number of home energy pros I'm in discussion with don't think there is much use in keeping old ducts and prefer to replace them with new…

Started by George M. Matthews

9 Jan 18, 2012
Reply by Philip Green

Measured Home Performance - Print-on-demand Best Practices Guide for Retrofits (California Report)

Everybody,If you work or live in California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico (or in parts of other States that have similar climates and constr…

Started by Lew Harriman

0 Dec 6, 2011

Home Energy Ratings

Friends of mine bought a 550-year-old estate outside of London. The real estate listing included the attached image, which shows how the pr…

Started by Leah Thayer

12 Oct 20, 2011
Reply by Kent Mitchell

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Kurt, check your emails.  Sent you a friend request you need to confirm then I can send you a…"
5 hours ago
Kevin Jordan replied to Kevin Jordan's discussion Does anyone have pointers on approaching real estate induatry.
"thank you sir!! If you have any other tips Id appreciate. I am new in this industry and I go and…"
5 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Kurt Shafer's discussion Where can I find the best radiant barrier to install under my roof?
"Hi Kurt, You mentioned "On a RESNET discussion some insulation experts agreed that insulation…"
6 hours ago
Kurt Shafer commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Wow, I am very sad to hear about your eyes.  Would have been super to do that comparison. Good…"
6 hours ago
Hal Skinner commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"My dads house has an attached garage.  It was converted to living space around 20 years…"
7 hours ago
Kurt Shafer commented on Hal Skinner's group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Hal, do I see a terrific chance for you to show us all the power of your RCC? Your father's…"
7 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Kevin Jordan's discussion Does anyone have pointers on approaching real estate induatry.
"Kevin, Several years ago I worked closely with a general contractor and a real estate…"
7 hours ago
"That same RCC, used as paint on the ceiling of living space, will do the same as if it was applied…"
8 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service