How to Effectively Communicate with Regulators
Webinar, Tuesday, Nov 9th 12pm MT
Gaining regulatory approval for smart grid projects has proven challenging for some utilities. Learning how to effectively work and communicate with regulators, consumer advocacy groups, and utility customers can ensure a smooth regulatory process. Our speakers will provide insights into how to communicate with regulators, explain how those communications can influence customer perceptions of smart grid, and point out key smart grid regulatory pitfalls to avoid.
Richard Sedano, Director and Principal, Regulatory Assistance Project
Barbara Alexander, Consumer Affairs Consultant
John Howat, Senior Policy Analyst, National Consumer Law Center
You will learn:
* The best ways to communicate with regulators regarding smart grid initiatives
* How to improve your relationship with regulators and consumer advocates
* How regulatory decisions impact customer perceptions of smart grid initiatives
* How to handle customer perceptions in a regulatory context
* Some lessons other utilities have learned when dealing with regulators on smart grid projects
Who should attend: Members of the E Source Intelligent Grid and Utility Communicators Services involved in smart grid projects and communicating with regulators and the public about those projects.