The “Planning for Profit” is an amazing program that is guaranteed to increase your profitability. Over the three days we cover everything it takes to run your company from the “business side” of the business. We cover labor pricing, cash flow, cash flow budgeting, what to track and how to track it. We spend several hours on maintenance agreements and collections and provide enough tax tips to pay for your trip several times over. The heart of the three days involves modeling your company on our computer software. You will model your company, by department, using your information (list of what to bring is provided). Once modeled you will know:
- What is making money and what is not
- What hourly rates must be charged in each department in order to cover your costs while still making a reasonable profit. You will also know each departments breakeven rate
- You will have created a month-by-month, department-by-department cash flow budget for each department and the company as a whole
- How to price residential and commercial maintenance agreements, based on your costs of doing business
- You will know what internal hourly rate to use if you go to flat rate pricing (if is different than your time and material rate!)
- Best of all you will make copies of your model and begin the “what if” process of maximizing your profitability (what if we added a tech or office person, bought a new vehicle, changed an overhead cost or marked our materials up another 3% to 5%). Make the changes and you will instantly know how those proposed changes will affect your hourly rate, cash flow and profitability.