In this two-day course, participants will learn how to use the PHPP for residential building design and certification. Participants will be guided step-by-step through the relevant worksheets, while learning the correct conventions for measurements and calculations. Proper documentation will also covered in detail. A case study will provide participants with practical experience in completing and documenting PHPP calculations for building certification.
1. Understand Passive House certification process & requirements
2. Prepare documentation for certification submission
3. Compare Passive House vs North American standards
4. Understand the process to become a Certified Passive House Designer
5. Learn the structure, inputs, and outputs of PHPP software
9. Assess building heat loss, energy demand and summertime overheating risk using PHPP
10. Gain practical experience in completing a PHPP assessment for a residential development