CleanEdison's BPI Energy Auditor course aligns with the standards piloted by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and administered by the Building Performance Institute (BPI). This course will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and certification needed to take the next step as an energy auditor.
Why Take This Course:
- The BPI Energy Auditor Certification was piloted by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) to be the next step in the career ladder for BPI Building Analysts.
- This BPI Certification is specifically tailored to the job task of energy auditing, as opposed to the fundamentals of building science covered under the Building Analyst course.
- This certification shows a comprehensive knowledge of all the skills and tools needed to perform residential energy audits as well as provide the next steps towards energy reduction.
There are prerequisites for this certification (see below)
Our BPI Energy Auditor course is ideal for:
- Energy auditors
- Insulation professionals
- Home inspectors
- HVAC technicians
- Anyone interested in a career in energy auditing.
What You'll Learn:
CleanEdison's 5-day Energy Auditor training for BPI Certification closely follows the NREL Energy Auditor Job Task Analysis.
- Demonstrating professional conduct
- Collecting information about the building
- Conducting air quality tests
- Evaluating model data
- Advanced energy analyses
- Recommending Solutions
- Five days of live instruction
- All course materials and handbooks
- CleanEdison Pass Guarantee: if you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may re-take the course at no additional cost
The Energy Auditor course prepares students to sit for BPI's written exam and field exams. Passing both exams will earn the candidate the BPI Energy Auditor certification, which meets the International Organization for Standardization's (ISO 17024) benchmark for quality personnel certifications.