This five-day course incorporates classroom lectures, as well as demonstrations with an emphasis on student interaction during lab exercises.
Who Should Attend
- Energy Auditors and Building Analysts
- Home Performance Contractors and Weatherization Crews
- Remodelers and Home Improvement Contractors
- Code Officials and Home Inspectors
If you live in Lancaster County, call Lancaster CareerLink (717-509-5613 Ext. 354) to see if you qualify for discounted pricing.
7.5 BPI CEU's for those who are already BPI Certified!
You'll Learn About:
- Introduction to BPI including using the website: Building Analyst and Heating Professional
- Page by page review of the Standards
- Hands-on all diagnostics, including atmospheric draft and high efficiency gas and oil systems
- Physics in energy conservation and efficiency
- Air leakage diagnostics
- Heat loss and heat load calculations
- Building construction and terminology
- HVAC, ducts, and water heaters: Types, trouble-shooting, repair
- Measuring flow and leakage associated with air handlers, ductwork and mechanical ventilators
- Electrical, ladder, personal, customer safety and health
- Prioritizing actions and measures
- Combustion testing and safety
- Assessment skills
What makes Pure Energy Coach’s training even more valuable for you?
- We offer personalized mentoring and support after you’ve completed the course
- We deliver a hands-on experience: you get to practice techniques first-hand and get instant feedback
- Optional BPI Testing for Certification (additional fee)