Meet 2009 IECC Air Sealing Standards and Increase Customer Satisfaction with Cost Effective Home Air Sealing
Learn air sealing best practices and understand how to increase home energy efficiency by 4-8% through simple air sealing strategies based on building science principals. Training covers new construction and retrofit best practices.
Who Should Attend: Employees of Insulation Companies, General Contractors, Handyman Services, and Renewable Energy providers.
Class Outcomes: Acquire these essential Air Sealing Skills in 1 day:
1. Overview of building science concepts, building diagnostics and insulation concepts.
2. Locating and prioritizing the most critical air leakage areas in residential construction
3. Air Sealing best practices and protocols for residential light frame construction
4. Avoid creating hazardous conditions and improve indoor air quality
5. Learn to sell air sealing as the most cost effective energy efficiency measure
6. 2009 IECC compliance for new construction
Space is limited to 8 per class.:
Delta, CO – Mar. 24
Denver Mar. 31
Cost: $98. Includes course instruction, course material, practice materials, and lunch.
Location for Denver Training: 1368 26th St., Denver, Colorado 80205.
Time: 8 am to 3:30 pm
Standards: We train using proven Air Sealing Best Practices written for the DOE by Building Science Corp.
Instructor: Brian Brainerd, LEED AP is a BPI Certified Building Analyst and trained RESNET energy rater.